Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2005

Old    wakeboarder408            07-20-2005, 5:43 PM Reply   
Cope and Mcphetres on El Camino in Santa Clara is having a sale on the 05' LF Team Limited Ed and the Transits Limited Ed bindings for $199 with no tax. I just picked up a pair of Transits today and wanted to pass on the word to you guys. Not sure how long the sale is gonna go on for so you might want to call before heading there.
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-20-2005, 5:46 PM Reply   
Is that a combo, or $199 for each? If it's for the pair, that's a pretty damn good deal.

-Blake
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-20-2005, 6:01 PM Reply   
A combo? What is a binding combo?

Since the Team Limited MSRP for 380 and the Transit Limited MSRP for 350, I am sure these are for a pair of either the transits OR the teams. 398 bucks for a pair is not a sale... its a rip-off. 199 for a pair of either is a great deal. 199 for a pair of each would be ridiculous.

With that said, I think there is only one realistic answer. 199 for a pair of transits OR 199 for a pair of Teams.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-20-2005, 6:14 PM Reply   
Get 'em while they are hot!! Love my LE Transits! Wish I had a deal like that though!!
Old     (blake_hughes)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Weatherford, Texas       07-20-2005, 6:46 PM Reply   
Damn-it, I misread the post... I thought we were talking about a LF Team board, with Transit bindings, for $199. Sorry dave, hope you forgive me.

-Blake
Old    wakeboarder408            07-20-2005, 7:34 PM Reply   
That's $199 for either pair of bindings. Many sizes left in stock so come before they are all gone.
Old     (loudontn)      Join Date: Feb 2005       07-20-2005, 10:01 PM Reply   
I fell for the same thing too, Blake. haha

That's still a sweet deal, wish I was local. I'd love a pair of Team bindings
Old     (schmo)      Join Date: Oct 2003       07-21-2005, 7:10 AM Reply   
Blake,

I know that you were being sarcastic but I forgive you.

I was just confused as to what you were talking about or thinking that it meant. Now that you explained yourself that makes some sense since there is a Team board. Had me scratching my head for a while. ;)
Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-21-2005, 3:19 PM Reply   
Hey thanx alot Mark V! I was hunting around for a set to replace my aging HYP Powerboots and loved the look/feel of the transits but the Team LE's look even better! Just ordered a set through Cope and McPhetres and hope to have them next week. Thanx again for posting this incredible deal!
Old     (breadbutta)      Join Date: Dec 2003       07-21-2005, 3:47 PM Reply   
Not a bad price, I got my LF Transits at Chicks Sporting goods for $230. Only one known problem with them is that they tend to rip in the back at the seam between the rubber and side piece. It hasn't happenned to me but it's a problem the LF folks already aknowledge.

(Message edited by breadbutta on July 21, 2005)
Old    wakeboarder408            07-21-2005, 9:38 PM Reply   
Matt, no prob. Did they not have your size in stock at the store and were you able to get them for the $199 price with no tax?
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2005, 7:21 AM Reply   
Does anyone know if this sale is still going on? If so, do they have an online store?
Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 9:06 AM Reply   
I called up and asked what they had in Transits and Teams he said he didnt have any of the regulars and all they had was the LE's I asked how many L Transits they had and he said 1 and about 10 pairs of XL's so I bought one of the last ones and told him to wap itup and ship itout. He said he would have to talk to a manager I called back about a hour later and he said it would be fine. He had less L's than XL's and said only one pair of L LE Transits. I wear a 10/11 and have only tried the L Transits on because my boardshop I go to in Springfield only had the Transits and it felt pretty good but I think a L Team should do a good job as I like there colors in the LE Team better than the Transits. What sizes shoe do you guys wear compared to these Bindings sizes? I know I should go drive 50 miles to try the XL Teams on but at this deal I can prob make due with the L's and this is the first place I know of stocking the LE's. He said I would have to pay shipping and I told him no prob as long as it stays under 20$. Are they selling non tax to residents of CA? Man I wish I livd there!
Old     (three6ty)      Join Date: Feb 2004       07-22-2005, 9:20 AM Reply   
I need a phone number to this place.

Anybody??
Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 10:23 AM Reply   
408-248-7844 ask for Corey he hooked me up anyways.
Old     (mattprt)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-22-2005, 2:30 PM Reply   
Looks like they have got 3 or 4 Large Team LE's left I dont know how long the sale is good for but Im saying they are clearancing out there LF to get people in the door so you guys better take them up on this. My total bill w/shipping was 210.63.
Old     (jnewton7)      Join Date: Jun 2005       07-22-2005, 4:16 PM Reply   
I got hooked up too, the guy found some Team LE's size medium at another one of their stores. Same price as above.
Old    wakeboarder408            07-22-2005, 5:23 PM Reply   
I was just there about an hour ago cuz i had to exchange for another pair of Med LE Transits cuz the one i got was crushing my right small toe and the right side of my foot. They gave me a new pair with no questions asked. I only saw a few LE Teams and LE Transit left(probably like 8 of each kind) and the sale is still going on.

Matt,my coworker has the same shoe size as yours and he had to go with a XL cuz he told me his toes would almost stick out of the footbed even though they fit fine all around, but like you said you cant go wrong for $210 shipped. And as far as tax goes, my receipt saids $184 and i think with tax it would come out to be $199. And the sale is still going on today when i was there.