Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakesurfing

Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-10-2008, 8:53 PM Reply   
Air temps around 70. Water temp about 62. Toying around with some shoal surfing ala the shrimp boat thread. That didn't work out as well as we would have liked. I got into one wave with a little barrel laying down. The set up just wasn't right. But, not to worry, we whipped out the trusty 9'4 and my buddy had a blast. We're seriously thinking about adding some fat sacs along the surfing side to see if we can get the wake better.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kKAfjho-K40
Old     (smedman)      Join Date: Feb 2006       02-10-2008, 9:38 PM Reply   
cool Matt! Looks like you had some decent speed there. How fast?
Old     (mhetheridge)      Join Date: Aug 2006       02-11-2008, 6:06 AM Reply   
I think we were going about 14 mph. Afterwards, we put his boat up and took mine out. I'd love to have a boat like the one we were on but set it up for surfing. We burned very little fuel according to my friend. Nice thing was that when my buddy fell, he got back on the board and paddled back to the boat. Gave him the paddling back out (or in) feeling. Talking to him however, he liked my wake better. If we could make the wake of this fishing vessel a little less steep and somewhat cleaner, it would be the perfect all around boat. We're going out on a shrimp boat next. We've got that lined up.