Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-14-2014, 8:32 PM Reply   
Any experiences on them? They were cl finds.

04 hyperlite movement 140

03 cwb absolute 140

01 liquid force superfly 143

I've only ever bought hyperlite before this, and I do love the hyperlite equipment and support but these boards were good deals.

The other boards I have and ride are

Hyperlite forefront 139 2009- I love this board it feels stable, and gives me the most pop.

2004 hyperlite byerly 142- it had great reviews but maybe its just because im a beginner who's only cleared my wake a couple times it feels really loose to me and seems like it has less pop. But it looks bad a**.

Any experience with these non hyperlite boards?
Old     (dezul)      Join Date: Jul 2012       05-15-2014, 4:15 AM Reply   
Save your money and buy a 2011 or newer board. Those older boards are heavy. I see you are in Sac, Ca. You should hit up the "Find a third" section and see if some of those guys will allow you to come try out some of their newer boards.

Since you are new to wakeboarding, I would look at the Liquid Force Harley. I think you will find it loose and fun plus you could get a couple of years out of it.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-15-2014, 7:14 PM Reply   
I'll keep that in mind to save up for. In the mean time anyone ever rode the above boards?
Old     (nick_in_ssp)      Join Date: Aug 2006       05-16-2014, 2:00 PM Reply   
I would say you found some good boards at some good prices, I would hope. As for being a new rider try the boards and try to pick one of them and stick with it for a while. Build up your riding fundamentals and don't be a tinkerer. Technique will always prevail over the best equipment you can buy. If you are constantly changing your setup you may not understand why a board rides the way it does, and have to somewhat get used to anything you change every time you ride.
Old     (hawkeye7708)      Join Date: Feb 2007       05-19-2014, 5:04 AM Reply   
I've ridden the Absolute before. Slower cutting, vertical popping 3 stage.

I'd agree with Nick's assessment… pick one and ride it consistently. If you keep switching it up, you won't develop a sense of consistency and take the "different board" troubles and you can focus on your technique. I think somebody on here dropped a line from Colin Ryan or someone to the effect of "Doesn't matter what board they send, as long as it's the same one" -- it's very true. Sometimes I get antsy to try something new from my 2012 Kine (which I love) and then I think about it and consider how comfortable I am on it and figure… why?

If you're looking at a new ride, I'd check out the 2010- Now boards - they've been riding an exponential increase in technology and innovation.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-19-2014, 7:09 PM Reply   
That was the plan, take the new boards out and decide which one feels best to progress with. With my last two boards, the forefront gets my opinion.
Old     (countryguy1717)      Join Date: May 2013       05-24-2014, 8:11 PM Reply   
Tried em out. The hyperlite and superfly have big fins and i found it tough to maneuver. But that cwb feels great, a lot like my forefront, seems like a similar mold, but I got some closed toe Murrays on the cwb, jumped three times and landed it.