Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       08-28-2006, 10:47 AM Reply   
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N4scq5iKC9Q

Title says it all.....
Old    bocephus            08-28-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Looks like the Gassers from Waterworld...

I have found that a 30 foot section of rope does wonders for jetskis that get to close to my boat or boarder. You just give the rope a toes out in front of the jetski and it usually slows them down long enough to educate them on the local laws of the lake, like staying 100 feet from or slowing down and passing if the 100 feet isn't available.
Old     (dizzyj)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-28-2006, 12:55 PM Reply   
that clip didnt even do it justice. There were about 30 of em out there making a big nucence of themselves.
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-28-2006, 1:33 PM Reply   
It's like a biker gang on the water.
Old     (wakeslife)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-28-2006, 3:38 PM Reply   
thats a great idea Bocephus; no jet skier will enjoy sucking that rope into thier impeller!
Old     (otiswunguy)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-28-2006, 4:21 PM Reply   
That music is hilarious. I would be like "were under attack, quick use evasive action by stopping immediately." these pests are known to swarm anything that creates a ripple. "If we hold really still, maybe they won't see us and they will go away."
P.S. 30 ft of rope isn't nearly as effective as a paintball gun.
Old     (kgoings)      Join Date: Apr 2005       08-29-2006, 7:36 AM Reply   
I hate Jetskis
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       08-29-2006, 11:08 PM Reply   
at least give them props for all being on stand ups they involve skill to ride unlike the couches companies now call jetskis

but the was a stupid move passing so close

(Message edited by wakeeater on August 29, 2006)
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-30-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
I witnessed this as well last week - same place, but it had to have been a different day; the group I saw must have consisted of at least 50 jetskis. We had just rounded the corner to this end of the lake and saw all these dots and spray way down at the other end of the lake - we didn't realize what it was until it was too late to avoid getting rocked by their wakes. Water went from smooth to ruined immediately.

For as impressive a sight as it was, they weren't really all that intimidating - if I was part of a jetski gang, I'd at least dress the part. Lime green shorts to match your lime green jetski won't impress anyone.
Old     (badbob13ftw)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-01-2006, 6:44 PM Reply   
brings back memories ...we had pretty much the same thing happen to a buddy of mine 2 years ago ... 6 ( couches ) were coming up on us from behind ( racing )while we were changing riders... my daughter was coming in on the swim step while her friend was getting ready to go.. as they were getting closer ( fast) we were yelling and waving the flag... my brother pulled my daughter in by her vest just as the ski hit the rear corner of the boat an put a basketball sized hole in it... nothing ever happened to the jet skier ( no ticket/fine payment of any sort) ... the rangers "lost" the paperwork

(Message edited by badbob13ftw on September 01, 2006)
Old     (stepintoliquid)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-02-2006, 11:48 AM Reply   
haha, the music had me crackin up
Old     (marvin)      Join Date: Aug 2006       09-02-2006, 1:38 PM Reply   
We call 'em water roaches