Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-20-2006, 4:55 PM Reply   
I was wondering how to tighten the Zeus' because if I cut hard enough heelside, the hinge comes loose. Thanks for your advice.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-20-2006, 5:06 PM Reply   
Remove the two screws that attach the cable to the boot. Twist the nut thingies. Put the screws back in.

I have heard of this happening on the Faction, but this is a first on the Zues.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-21-2006, 2:43 PM Reply   
Thanks man, maybe I just have insane cutting abilities. yea right. Maybe they just got loose and I couldnt tell the difference after a crash. They were pretty loose already. thanks again
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-21-2006, 7:24 PM Reply   
LOL @ "thingies"
Old     (thirdgear)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-22-2006, 9:05 AM Reply   
I was having big problems with the hinge coming unsnapped on my Factions, but I tightened them up yesterday after reading this post and it absolutely fixed all the problems. I haven't seen this complaint about the Zeus' until now, but I wonder if all those having problems with the Factions have tried tightening the hinges as a fix?

Edit: Not trying to hijack this one, but I've also busted/replaced the upper laces on both bindings after only about a half-month of use - has anyone else had this problem? I think it has something to do with the length; although I know they needed to be longer to work with the hinge, CWB might have gone a bit overboard with it IMO.

(Message edited by thirdgear on August 22, 2006)
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       08-22-2006, 9:26 AM Reply   
Austin: Everyone is breaking those. I talked to some local pros at one of the Kansas INT tourneys, and they both said they replaced their CWB laces with some thick nylon (i think, whatever the plastic woven) shoelaces. They seemed a lot thicker, and neither of them had issues with em.
Old     (guido)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-22-2006, 12:58 PM Reply   
I cut my laces short the same day I got the bindings. They are too long from the factory. Also, the laces seem to come apart easily if you really cinch on them. I've been mellow with mine and haven't had to replace them all year.

Also, tightening the hinge works for some people on the Faction's. For some it doesn't. CWB also makes a insert that stiffens the heal piece of their bindings that can remedy the situation. It'll be readily available next year, or by contacting them directly. I've never really seen the problem on the Zeus' though. Although I've popped mine a couple times on really hard landings or crashes.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-23-2006, 3:02 PM Reply   
I dunno, I guess mine are just a little weak, and your right the laces get caught in my toes and junk.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
There is a lace holder on the top back of the binding to put your laces in to hold them out of the way. Did you adjust youe hinge Brian? If you did and it still pops open, take them back to the shop you got them at and swap them for another pair.
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-23-2006, 3:35 PM Reply   
You can't assume the shop can just swap them out for another pair. Shops have a procedure they are suppose to follow. Amanda (CWB Warranty) will tell the shops to absolutely NEVER just swap out inventory, but to ship them for repair or replacement. Now if the shop has an awesome rep like CM~ they will do there best to make the customer happy by swapping out inventory IF they have it to swap.
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-23-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
CWB has a quick turn around time however on Warranty issues. They take care of there customers
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       08-23-2006, 3:53 PM Reply   
Really Brandi well I own a board shop that sells CWB and thats what I would do, Unless I could fix it at the shop if not I would give him new bindings.
Yes I agree with you about the CWB warrenty dept, Amanda is great to deal with always!
Old    walt            08-23-2006, 4:59 PM Reply   
I had a problem with My laces too. I called CWB and asked for a pair of the white laces and they sent them no questions asked. The white laces seem to be better quality IMO.
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-26-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Jeff, I just got my board today, and tomorrow I go to the lake to try them.
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-30-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
Yeah Jeff, I would LOVE to be able to ALWAYS be able to take care of the customer immediatley, unfortunatley sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I do go out of my way to make it as convienent as possible.
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-30-2006, 11:24 PM Reply   
Yeah Jeff, I would LOVE to be able to ALWAYS be able to take care of the customer immediatley, unfortunatley sometimes it doesn't work out that way. I do go out of my way to make it as convienent as possible. I can't spell tonight~LOL sorry
Old    Tracy Marine ProShop            08-30-2006, 11:25 PM Reply   
Speaking of CWB~ I got to check out the new 07 gear and it's "HOT".
Old     (briand)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-31-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
Sorry im so late, but they are great. yes, i did find the lace holder, and it helped keep those bad boys outta the way. I think they got loose because a friend of mine kept putting them on and his foot is real big, so they got loose, thanks for all the help guys.