Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (missi328)      Join Date: May 2008       06-19-2008, 8:14 PM Reply   
Does anyone know anything about the new GPS perfect pass system? We are thinking about upgrading, but we don't want to get a system with all sorts of technical problems like the paddlewheel, servo, ect. problems were having now!
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-19-2008, 8:55 PM Reply   
Well the GPS only really corrects things that happen with the PaddleWheel...

Honestly... if you are having that many problems... and I see that in your other posts... pull out the system and give it to someone who can install it in their own boat... and make full use of it... instead of complaining about it.

Most problems arise from poor installs...

I just upgraded mine to the GPS... just finishing up the install...

Will try it out tomorrow evening.
Old     (missi328)      Join Date: May 2008       06-19-2008, 10:12 PM Reply   
Sounds like your the one complaining!! I see that you wrote smart ass comments on every perfect pass post! What a loser, get a life! This site is here for people to share their experience with others and I see that alot of people have been grateful for the advice and knowledge of others who have shared similar experiences! Perfect pass has great customer service reps,(aaron, mark, gary-you all have been great!) However, being that they are in Canada has it's limitations and this site is a great way to get help when at 2pm, CA time perfect pass is already closed! (Some of us work for a living!)Wakeboarding has become a sport that alot of us are stoked about and it is even better when you ride behind a boat with consistant speed, so if you don't relate, then why bother responding to our posts! What a Jerk...Hmmm, wonder why you call yourself "HeHateMe"...
Old    deltahoosier            06-19-2008, 10:48 PM Reply   
I would not do GPS perfect pass. In the Delta for instance you have water flowing. So you will be riding slow one way and fast the other compared to the water. Your pull will suffer most likely.
Old    deltahoosier            06-19-2008, 10:50 PM Reply   
You are still going to have a servo and things that have to interface to the boat to control the speed unless you have a fly by wire throttle system.
Old     (rallyart)      Join Date: Nov 2006       06-19-2008, 10:54 PM Reply   
http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/588612.html?1213800828
There are some good comments on this thread as to which version you would want to get.
They have upgrade pricing.
Old     (missi328)      Join Date: May 2008       06-19-2008, 11:19 PM Reply   
Thanks Art, that was really helpful, I think! Lot's of info, some of it over my head, but still helpful, Thanks Again!!
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2008, 6:45 AM Reply   
I don't think GPS upgrade would solve your problems because you would still be using a servo motor controlling the throttlemate on a drive by wire engine. Unfortunately the 06 was a bad year because of this system. The 05 supras had standard mechanical throttle engines. The DBW engine came out in 06 so Supra's solution was the throttle mate system that converts mechanical throttle input to electrical. In 07 DBW PP was standard and integrated with the wake plate on all Supra's. The DBW upgrade is pretty simple and can be done in an hour or two (I did mine myself). Another bonus is that you can remove the old master module, servo motor, and cabling and sell it. The DBW PP is pretty much plug and play (if you order it through Supra).
Old     (missi328)      Join Date: May 2008       06-20-2008, 7:34 AM Reply   
Is the dbw different than the one perfect pass sells?
Old     (wakebdr2002)      Join Date: Apr 2007       06-20-2008, 7:37 AM Reply   
The DBW PP from Supra is the same except it will have Supra connectors on the harness so that it will be plug and play. If you get it from perfect pass you may need to splice some wires (power, ground, etc.).
Old     (missi328)      Join Date: May 2008       06-20-2008, 7:56 AM Reply   
Thanks, if supra dealer installs it then they would have the connectors for the harness? Or is it something we could install ourselves?
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-20-2008, 9:08 PM Reply   
Just finished the install which was an upgrade from my 6.5n version to the new StarGazer Wakeboard Edition... OH MY!!!! It is perfect!!! Pulls so smoothly!!!