Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old     (magellan)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-12-2004, 10:05 PM Reply   
My thoughts exactly Scott.
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2004, 2:50 AM Reply   
HAHA! That last comment is exactly what I was thinking Scott. HL is pretty good at doing that!!
Old     (mishaplr)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2004, 4:56 AM Reply   
So Scott, who is pushing the sport. Isn't it all marketing. Isn't everything out there done to make it all look so good that we buy it. Come on. This is the way with everything, take for instance energy drinks, look how many of those say they really work the best and that their competitors product doesn't nearly do the same job.
Old     (curtbernstein)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-13-2004, 9:51 AM Reply   
Hyperlite is making better materials for us to ride, they change their stuff according to what we like and want to ride so they can sell more stuff... As they get more money from us, they give more attention to their newest designs and ideas which makes wakeboarding grow, and in return we take their latest equiptment and it helps us improve our riding and make the sport grow... Whats wrong with that???
Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2004, 10:34 AM Reply   
I think WE are the ones pushing the sport! Your everyday riders from beginners to nearly pro, people who get on sites such as this one and eat, sleep, and breathe wakeboarding! THATS who's pushing the sport!!!The people who go out and purchase these products. I think HL is pushing the sport, but for one main reason and that is the goal of every business....to make $$$$$!! Btw...I'm not knocking that!!
Old    jonnyrotten79            08-13-2004, 11:11 AM Reply   
well i agree with scott and curt because if u think of it some stuff from scotts post is true but then again hyperlite is taking little steps that will turn into to bigger better things for the sport... and thats just my opinion so dont put blast because of it
Old    jonnyrotten79            08-13-2004, 11:17 AM Reply   
jim i agree with u that the riders are pushing the sport except one thing... u dont see pros going out and riding a plank of wood do u? no i dont tihnk so... the pros design the best boards to benifit there wakeboarding performance and hyperlite trys to design new better boards so are wakeboarding performance is better... although some stuff may be a gimmick
Old    t_magnum            08-13-2004, 11:48 AM Reply   

i just found the 05 stuff being put on at wake giant.com it looks like they are putting more on right now
http://wakegiant.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWCATS&Category=59
Old     (joe_788)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-13-2004, 2:23 PM Reply   
Is it true that all of the new Hyperlite stuff is going to be made in China? I thought I read it hear a few weeks ago.

Old     (flashalexb)      Join Date: May 2004       08-13-2004, 2:58 PM Reply   
The era was just put on the wakegiant site.
Old    jonnyrotten79            08-13-2004, 3:06 PM Reply   
i think the 137 era is sooooo f@%^en awesome!!!
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       08-13-2004, 3:26 PM Reply   
Most companies have been doing business in China for years. Usually it's only the bindings & wakeskates that are made there. I wholeheartedly agree with you Scott(again). Also the Roam is a copy of a board that they ride in Australia(it was named after an Aussie soda that I can't think of). Murray rode one in Spray(I believe), except they were made of wood & you used skate shoes with straps hooked to a snowboard bindings baseplate. It's the exact principle, flexy for jibbing & sliding around. They are however fun as hell in smooth water. Noseblunt butterslide! Yes the Era's bottom design looks exactly like a Bad Ass. Molded fins that lead into channels that run the length. I'm not talking crap just siding with the obvious(& true).
Old    t_magnum            08-13-2004, 4:33 PM Reply   
05 hyperlites are made in the us not china
Old     (vlxwakerider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-13-2004, 4:59 PM Reply   
most of the lower end models are made in china, but the pro models are made here in the USA.
Old     (scott_a)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-13-2004, 9:35 PM Reply   
WHAT???!!!!! HYPERLITE DOES NOT PUSH THIS SPORT. WE DO. THE F-ING RIDERS. if WE didnt buy hyperlite products, they would NOT be in business right now. get your heads out of your asses guys.

hyperlite makes wakeboards and bindings just like CWB, Gator, Liquid Force, Double Up, Blindside, etc etc etc. thier shapes are NOT any better than any of the rest of them, they just have some damn good pro riders and a kick ass marketing department that busts their ass to make YOU think so.

that being said, you may prefer a hyperlite to the other board companies out there. thats totally cool. just as long as you can honestly say that THAT is the board that you think rides the best FOR YOU. i DO NOT hate hyperlite. what i hate is when people say that its a better brand than any of the others, because its not.

if you indeed DO think that hyperlite is pushing the sport, please tell me why. then you can tell me why i go into the shop and find a pair of HYPERLITE bindings with ripped overlays that i have to fix. dont get me started on the boa...
(note: yes other bindings do break as well, but not with anywhere near the frequency of HL bindings in my own experiences).

if anyone disagrees with anything ive just said, feel free to post something.}
Old     (jwb)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-13-2004, 10:31 PM Reply   
I half agree with what scott is saying. People are missing the point that these companies that produce these new products are just trying to help/appeal to a wider range of people. Instead people are cutting down theses ideas with opinions that "matter".
just go out there and ride what suits you...the rider...best