Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2004

Old    wake__freak_66            08-04-2004, 6:03 PM Reply   
i tried a backflip for the first time and i landed on my head. i tried again and landed the same way. does anyone have any advice?
Old     (barry)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-04-2004, 6:18 PM Reply   
Land on your feet.

Sorry.
Old     (drumnwake420)      Join Date: Jun 2004       08-04-2004, 9:49 PM Reply   
Well,

from someone who tries a backroll every session, I found that if you edge through the wake, make sure to look over your lead shoulder, and keep both hands on the rope, you will get closer to landing them.... i have been riding for a total of 2 months, and I have landed on my board I would say about 40 percent of the time. My problem is that i slide out the other 60 percent but only when i charge the wake at too high of a speed and my rotation is out of control. Ride your edge through the wake, and make sure your rotation is slow and floaty and it's almost like you edge the board away from the boat. this is my 2 cents from someone who is trying to get them dialed in for the last month. Hope this helps, and I'm sure more qualified people can better help you.

P.S. wakeboarding videos really help your technique... at least it has for me in the 2 months that I have been riding.

PeAcE.
Old    wake__freak_66            08-05-2004, 5:17 PM Reply   
i have a center console with a tower it has a really small wake. could that be one of the problems?
Old    backsplit            08-05-2004, 5:52 PM Reply   
not relly i can do a b-roll in the flats...