Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2006, 2:53 PM Reply   
Hey All-

I have a buddy who's tearing it up on the tatoo guns right now (been at it just over a year) and we got to discussing the coolest and worst tats he's seen. Some how we got on the subject of Scott's tattoo that looks like the skin is peeling away and you can see the inside muscles, tendons etc. Does anyone have any good pics of this? My buddy was intrigued and I thought someone here would be able to help us out...
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2006, 2:54 PM Reply   
and yes I just realized I can't spell tattoo... Sorry...
Old     (_jason_)      Join Date: Jun 2005       09-14-2006, 3:33 PM Reply   
google is your friend!!....

Upload
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-14-2006, 3:39 PM Reply   
Thanks- I saw that one and wanted to see if anyone had any others...
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2006, 3:55 PM Reply   
Well if you have the last couple issues of WBM you could check out the new Byerly line adds and see all the tats on his back and arms
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-14-2006, 6:08 PM Reply   
When Scott first switched over to Hyperlite, he had a cover photo on WBM mag that showed the right arm tear away sleeve better than any other photo I've ever seen - you might try to track that down. Funny thing about that sleeve is that there are other things "hidden" within the anatomy theme beneath the tear away.

Oh, and now everybody has sleeves. Once again, Byerly was on it before anybody.
Old     (tyboarder03)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-14-2006, 6:15 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (wakeboarder3922)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-14-2006, 6:16 PM Reply   
that is freaking awesome!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-14-2006, 6:34 PM Reply   
Upload
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-14-2006, 10:24 PM Reply   
wow...a skull with worms crawling out...kinda lame.
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2006, 6:10 AM Reply   
Dont be a douchebag, Garret...
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-15-2006, 8:55 AM Reply   
Doc O-

It's funny you mention that cover because I went looking for it last night... I remembered he had the cover just sitting on the back of the boat (if my memories correct) and I thought it was probably the perfect shot. 1/2 my mags are at my parents crawl space all boxed up... Might have to go digging over at the rents.
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-15-2006, 11:07 AM Reply   
Byrd: Thinking that a skull with worms crawling out of it is kind of cliche...makes me a douchebag? On the contrary, I would say that a 37 year old insulting someone on an online forum is a prime form of douchebaggery.

I actually think the design on the arm is neat (read: novel), though I don't think I would ever get something like that, just because I don't understand the point. However, I have never understood the fascination with skulls and death in the tattoo world.

I can't remember where is was at, but Shane's Boxcar tattoo is a pretty cool deal.

(Message edited by garret_s on September 15, 2006)
Old     (byrd)      Join Date: Dec 2005       09-15-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Insulting someones choice in body art to me is a prime form of douchebaggery as well. Not that he probably cares if you approve or not.....
Old     (uppledup17)      Join Date: Sep 2005       09-15-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
How is Byerlys Skull Cliche??? It isn't like he has barb wire on his bicep or something that a million others have. To each his own I guess.
Old     (vlxray)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2006, 4:51 PM Reply   
I'm at Surf Expo this weekend and Byerly is getting his back inked on a live webcam in the Hyperlite booth. That's pretty freakin' cool.

There's also a couple of sick looking custom choppers next to him.
Old     (dudeman)      Join Date: Mar 2005       09-15-2006, 6:21 PM Reply   
Yo Garrett S, let's see your ink. I'm guessing from your post, it won't be lame. As an added bonus, throw up a pic of your skate skillz.
Old     (dococ)      Join Date: Mar 2002       09-16-2006, 11:19 AM Reply   
"Thinking that a skull with worms crawling out of it is kind of cliche...makes me a douchebag?"

G, THINKING it is no problem at all, you can think whatever you want. However, CHOOSING to TYPE your thoughts and post them in a public forum, particularly when they call "lame" the tattoo style chosen by the undisputed king of style for our whole entire sport, that choice you made opens you up to criticism from others.

Two questions for ya:
1) What was supposed to be the point of your post?
2) What the hell type of response did you think you would receive?

Like many folks, including myself sometimes, I suspect you simply were not fully thinking when you posted. But don't get pissed at others about it. You opened it up yourself.

And yeah, let's see your own ink.
Old     (ladythump)      Join Date: Jul 2004       09-17-2006, 10:29 AM Reply   
one more
Upload
Old    live2wakeboard            09-17-2006, 2:10 PM Reply   
All his tatoos are so badass i love them all!!
Old     (jamie_lamar)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-18-2006, 7:43 AM Reply   
This last weekend I took a few of Scott getting inked inside the Hyperlite booth at Surf Expo. I will try getting those up tonight.
Old     (the_bug)      Join Date: May 2004       09-18-2006, 8:58 AM Reply   
Byerly rocks, but tats are so 90s.
Old     (denverd1)      Join Date: May 2004 Location: Tyler       09-18-2006, 9:15 AM Reply   
yet another meaningful post

I would also like to see Garret's ink. on another note, those of you that have ridden the Byerly skate: Have you ever taken the fins off?
Old     (wakerider111)      Join Date: Jul 2006       09-22-2006, 10:15 AM Reply   
looks just like one of 'em "doodle bear" toys back when ;)
Old     (craiger)      Join Date: May 2002       09-22-2006, 10:48 AM Reply   
Here's the link of Byerly at Surf Expo getting inked..

http://www.alliancewake.com/default2.aspx?pg=videos
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       09-22-2006, 1:40 PM Reply   
Aight, sorry people,

Wasn't at all trying to knock the man...hes a sick rider, no question about that. I apologize for insulting tattoos here, I didn't know that was a big deal, but now that I think about it, I guess I wouldnt appreciate that either. I don't have any ink, not my thing, but to each his own...

Oh, and Randy, I suck horrible at skating by the way. To the point at which I should probably sell my skate, but its too neat looking to let go of.
Old     (shellyrn)      Join Date: May 2006       09-23-2006, 1:45 AM Reply   
How about the artist. Greg "messy" Morriss. Killer artist. He's done a majority of Scott's tats and the artwork on his boards. Check him out up in Kent, Wa. at Acme Tattoo Company.