Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 27, 2006

Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-24-2006, 7:58 PM Reply   
Please guys without all boat bashing i am looking for the best boat for wake surfing. Weighted properly for this purpose I hear that the superair is great.

Moving forward recovering from a spinal cord injury My sitiation is such that wakesurfing is my new goal. I have sold my boat and soon will be in the market for a older new boat that hopefully will prefrom as the wake surf specific set up.

I was the face, bowl or wall about 15' back off the swim step and of course I only want to use the rope for the hole shot.

Has anyone had any luck with the super surf wake performer? Again please keep the slam this boat and that boat out of it. Pictures would great.

I have seached past posts and not have had the geatest luck

Thank you all in advance and thanks for all the inquires about my boat I had sold. Turned out It was craigs list where the buyer came from.

G
Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       09-24-2006, 8:47 PM Reply   
Greg, Did you sell your B52? That is what I surf with and it throws a really nice wake. Did you ever surf behind yours? Hope all is well with your back.
J$
Old     (aden_g)      Join Date: Mar 2006       09-24-2006, 8:52 PM Reply   
Centurion, the original wake surf boat :-)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-24-2006, 9:03 PM Reply   
Greg - you have email! Nice to see you are still committed to staying on the water.

Centurion.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-24-2006, 10:00 PM Reply   
the easiest surf wake i've ever surfed was from wes' super air. you can easily surf 15-20 feet back w/o a rope.

(Message edited by dakid on September 24, 2006)
Old     (tcluv85)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-25-2006, 12:56 PM Reply   
Hey Greg - Here is pics of the Centurion Storm Series with the Enzo surf sack added to it. Also on the inland surfer website you can see in the bottom right hand corner how far back the rider is. If you want to go try the wake out I can hook you up to go for a pull. The guys from Inland surfer helped setup my boats wake and dialed it in nicely.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/367520.html?1158951627

http://www.inlandsurfer.com/
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-26-2006, 9:11 PM Reply   
if anyone can post some pics that would be great. I am commited to proper re-hab and the boat sold in 2 weeks. I am doing much better and once I get a few 'ducks' in order business wise I will be back as an owner. The MB was a great boat. There were things I really liked and others I did not like. I have always been a correct craft fan that is why i asked. I must confess If I do purchase another boat, Chances are It will try the SAN.
I would really like to ride in the Enzo and all the rest to see for myself. My thoughts are what Joe mentioned. 15-20' back off the step. Does not have to be a "HUGE" wall just nice enough form and power to ride it with least amount of rope assist as possible. My old mb was pretty good but My sweet spot was too close to the transom. Nice shape and plenty wall power but I could never fine tune it well enough to get it back far enough. Of course I may not have had the proper weighting however I will say I tried many configurations. Possibly just not the right one. Im still bummed My boat is gone. Im just glad it was snapped up quick and painless to a great family who I know will take care of it.

Anyway thanks to all you guys who PM'd me abut the boat and all. Turns out it went off craigs list. Not boat trader not flipsell. Not e-bay.

I found that interesting. Ik Well I will be out on the Lake with Cliff tommorow so if you have an enzo or other make all surf ready. Call me or send me an e-mail gregs@smokedsalmon.com 206.601.3020 I wouild like to see before I buy!

Greg
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-26-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
greg, sent you an email w/ a pic of guy surfing farther back than "normal" behind wes' super air.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       09-26-2006, 9:48 PM Reply   
other pics are in this thread, too.

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/65919/342182.html?1152404909
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-26-2006, 9:59 PM Reply   
kinda seems like you need to ease off the meds a bit,

but still good to know that you are still wanting to get back on the water
Old    ubertuber            09-26-2006, 10:01 PM Reply   
Plenty of room to play on a V23. In case you decide to go back that way.

Upload
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2006, 9:09 AM Reply   
How bout the malibu's can they throw some wall?

(Message edited by gwake on September 27, 2006)
Old     (gwake)      Join Date: Nov 2003       09-27-2006, 9:11 AM Reply   
Jonny how does your boat do when loaded for surf. Or do you surf? You think the meds are clouding my judgment or what I have expressed does not make sense? I guess I am at a loss on that one.

Ibuprophen and Tylenol are tearing me up! I've been off the good stuff for a while now. I am 5 weeks out from my surgery and need to be ready to head up to the bearing sea for the winter fishery. That and the love of being on the lake is a big part of my drive to re-hab properly and keep a clear head!

Thanks for the pics. I didn’t have the 23 and I have never ridden in one. I hear they are nice.
I will say that every year Mb improves on what they have done in the past builds. There are many examples of that if you know what to look for and have owned one.

Anyway thanks again guys

(Message edited by gwake on September 27, 2006)