Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 24, 2008

Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-19-2008, 7:35 PM Reply   
So I am at the lake today just me my two kids and 2 female friends of mine. Ive been at this lake a hundred times. We cruise over to the bridge to just chill and let the kids swim. The bridge is held up by these pillars that I have driven between tons of times. We cruise throug at maybe 3-4 miles per hour and whammmm I hit a huge concret pillar just a foot and a half under the surface. The boat started taking on water and of course we were a mile or more fromt he launch dock. We got pulled in and took about 6 guys to trailer the boat. Another 6-7 minutes and it would have sunk. The prop is toast the rutter is toast and some seals are leaking bad. I just ruined the rest of my summer by not thinking about the water level dropping before I made that bone head move. Atleast I am home now watching affliction but let me tell you when i hit that thing it sounded like thunder...scared me to freaking death.
Old     (helinut)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-19-2008, 7:43 PM Reply   
I know how you feel. Big time...

http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/3183/603557.html?1216521595
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-19-2008, 7:49 PM Reply   
Did you curl up in a fetal position on the floor of the boat, suck your thumb and call out for your mommy when it happened? I heard somewhere that it is the preferred method of handling a bad situation. I feel sorry for you if the women aboard had to control the situation for you and see how manly you looked curled up on the floor. Sucks that happened to you, can't you get it fixed before summers end?
Old     (poser007)      Join Date: Nov 2004       07-19-2008, 7:52 PM Reply   
Ian yes I was on the floor rocking back and fourth but I never got to the point where I actually sucked the thumb. Whats up man hows the married life?
Old     (ian30)      Join Date: Jan 2005       07-19-2008, 8:48 PM Reply   
Married life is good, if I could just quit working and be wealthy it would be that much better. I'm sure you feel the same way except you want to live on the top of a hill with a ferrari and 20 girls in bikinis hanging around your pool.(per your post the other day) I of course have a more noble purpose for the moneyI've been worried about doing exactly what you did since all the water levels around here are so low. I'm tired of this drought thing already.
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-20-2008, 10:43 AM Reply   
Dan,

You have the worst luck dude! That really sucks. If you really need to, sent the ladies down here until you get the boat fixed. What are friends for anyway? Seriously, that sucks man. Hope you can get it fixed soon so you can enjoy the rest of your very short summer up there.

Cracka! What up dude! Say HI to the little ladie for us.

(Message edited by buzz grande on July 20, 2008)