Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 18, 2006

Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2006, 7:31 PM Reply   
Who agrees that diamond valley lake is a waste of perfectly bitchen lake??? For those who don't know, DVL is located in hemet ca. DVL is big enough for both fishing and watersports. They only allow fishing. Which gives us try-vallyans two options in close proximity elsi and perris. WHAT A WASTE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       05-28-2006, 7:39 PM Reply   
so put a line in the water and ride!!
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2006, 7:40 PM Reply   
That should make the news.
Old     (awl)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2006, 8:31 PM Reply   
When EMWD proposed Diamond Valley Lake (orginally called Dominigoni Resevoir, but that's another story) there was quite the concern from nearby residents. Therefore, EMWD officials promoted the recreational use of the lake telling everyone that property values would go through the roof. After no one objected to the project. EMWD did a last minute switch blaming the cost of extra equipemnt if body contact was allowed. Obviously there was alot more to it, but that's the short version story.
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-28-2006, 9:32 PM Reply   
I sill say what a waste!!!!!!!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 8:45 AM Reply   
It really is a waste of a beautiful lake. I wish there was something we could do. Maybe a bunch of us could protest by going there and all at once get in and wakeboard. Maybe that will wake up the rest of the SoCal boarders to rally with us and do something about it. They should stop putting in the millions to clean up Elsi (which I think is a worthless cause) and use it for whatever they need at DV. If they opened the lake for boarding for just one weekend they would have enough extra revenue to buy whatever equipment they need to filter the water from us dirty scumbag boarders
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       05-29-2006, 10:40 AM Reply   
That's not a bad idea as far as drawing attention to the cause goes. Just show up with 50 wakeboard boats all there to go "fishing" and then when you get in the water, start boarding. Obviously, all the folks involved would have to be willing to eat the ticket that they'll obviously get. However, if the media was notified and made it out there, it would make a pretty nice splash (no pun intended).
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 11:11 AM Reply   
It would be sooooooo worth the ticket. Anyone else serious about doing this?
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-29-2006, 12:14 PM Reply   
I'll take one for the team.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2006, 12:30 PM Reply   
we need to capture it on film.
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 12:41 PM Reply   
How about we have the local news capture it??

Hey Tackle...do you realize that this time next week we will be doing our first set??
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2006, 12:53 PM Reply   
sadly, i won't get to ride w/ tackleberry for a while.

but, i'll be in norcal!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-29-2006, 1:11 PM Reply   
Yeah then the news crew will put a spin on it and show a bunch of rowdy wakeboarders with LOUD stereos drinking beer (even if it is only one person on a boat) and turn everything you are trying to do into a negative situation.

More like you need to get a hold of your local lawyer and sue them for changing the plans. Get the news crews to interview homeowners saying how they changed the plans and they were fed a line of crap etc. The legal way works better some times. On the other hand if you were to go out on the lake with say 100 wakeboard boats and not ride, with no alcohol or stereos bumping, but sing Cumbaya (or however it is spelled), then you might have a positive response. Remember most people in corporate America and lawmakers are old and not interested in your sport and surely do not want to here your music. Many of them probably fish though and hate your wakes.

Good luck!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2006, 1:14 PM Reply   
peter, it was supposed to make you laugh.

see you soon man! maybe we can get our dogs to play w/ eachother!
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       05-29-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Joe, what I wrote was in response to the organized protest, not your post. I was trying to bring in another view point, as I wish more lakes would open up too water sports.

BTW Sophie loves little dogs!
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
sophie's gonna have her paws full...moby plays at a hundred miles an hour and ollie's starting to follow moby's footsteps!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 5:49 PM Reply   
Peter...it is all good..and I appreciate your point of view. But I am old and interested in my sport. And I like music blareing. Plus I grew up singing Kumbaya!!! I know...everyone tells me I am unique in that way.

Umali...did you move to NorCal????
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       05-29-2006, 6:03 PM Reply   
not yet....leaving on the 31st.
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       05-29-2006, 8:36 PM Reply   
Tackleberry & Canyon Lake will miss Joe & Frankie much. I will be @ the Delta on June 10.

WCC next Monday - WOOHOO!!!!!!!
Old     (rnopr8)      Join Date: Apr 2005       05-29-2006, 8:57 PM Reply   
yeah....WOOHOO!!!!! Check out the weather for next week tackle
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-30-2006, 5:26 PM Reply   
If there's any way to protest I'll take part in it. Here's an idea< I was at motion sickness ( a new ride shop in hemet ) they said they would be willing to start a petition. Maybe that's the best way.
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       05-30-2006, 5:35 PM Reply   
I'd like to help in whatever way I can. I used to live about 1/2 a mile from the Winchester dam side of the lake. I'd love to see that place get opened, especially if SanV is gonna be down for 10 years....

-Steve
Old     (gr8n8)      Join Date: Feb 2006       05-30-2006, 5:45 PM Reply   
Let's do it!!!!!!!!