Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (wake_upppp)      Join Date: Nov 2003       07-29-2009, 8:00 PM Reply   
I don't believe the wood stringers cost any more or less that composite, but I could be wrong. A few years back they started offering all composite models to satisfy the wood nay-sayers who don't know enough about boat manufacturing to realize all the qualities of encapsulated wood incorporated into boat building. In other words, sell the people what they want even if they don't have a clue as to what is best. Smart marketing really.
Old     (fatsac)      Join Date: Jun 2004       07-30-2009, 6:57 AM Reply   
I'll take wood stringers all day long. Argue what you will, it makes a difference in ride quality.
Old     (no_really)      Join Date: Jan 2009       07-30-2009, 3:45 PM Reply   
I stopped in to see this boat and... it does look better in person overall however, there are things that are questionable. Bow speakers are nice, the second platform is a bit weird but maybe it will grow on you? I could fit more in my glove box than in the lockers-that part hurts! You could lead it or sack it and thats all she wrote after that.

It has quality control items that are bothering if you have a sharp eye.
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       07-30-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
"It has quality control items that are bothering if you have a sharp eye."

what are you noticing?

one thing that just jumped out at me is they finally got away from dual pido tubes for the speedo. i hated those things, there useless on the delta always plugging up. im assuming everything is based off the paddle wheel now?
Old     (yubasanger)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-30-2009, 11:51 PM Reply   
Bryan, speed calculated by GPS for spedo and Smart Tow. You can see the white dome just behind glove box (look at reflection in windshield). No more paddle wheel.
Old     (alans)      Join Date: Aug 2005       07-31-2009, 4:37 AM Reply   
Sanger makes great boats. Wood is good!

In the high end "Sport Fishing market." If a boat does not have wood core or wood stringers they are called "plastic boats" in a derogatory fashion.

This is my friend's company, look how they build them. $$,$$$,$$$.$$

http://www.shearlineboatworks.com/
Old     (h2oproaccessories)      Join Date: Sep 2007       07-31-2009, 6:03 AM Reply   
Dang... your friend is good. I was looking at their "other projects" page.

Totally changed the look of that boat. Made it look brand new!

Sick talent!
Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-31-2009, 10:33 AM Reply   
Thanks for clearing up the wood construction fear. I'm new to boating and looking to upgrade and often hear from friends and people I work with is not to get a boat with any wood construction.
Old     (jumpit13)      Join Date: Oct 2006       07-31-2009, 4:13 PM Reply   
I love my Sanger V215 it has wood stringers and it rides great in rough water. I've had her for 4 yrs and is still as solid as a rock handles great. As for the wing off the back on new model,I was thinking of putting a teak version on mine but not as wide to sit to make it easier to put wakeboard on.I'm not into the bling to much to keep clean keep it simple IMO
Old     (jeff359)      Join Date: Jun 2005       08-01-2009, 3:08 PM Reply   
Craig, no issues with a sanger with wood. The old no wood ideal is directed towards older boats that used bad quality construction.

Wood stringers on Sangers are full incased in glass. I've never seen a Sanger with problems. In fact, like Dylan said, the Sangers ride awesome, in part to the wood stringers. I'd be one, an if i had the option would buy the wood stringer version over the fiberglass.
Old     (smitty1258)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-04-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
http://www.boattrader.com/listing/2010-SANGER-BOAT-V215-XTZ-Super-Team-95375091

seems it may just be for sale.
Old     (duckboat)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-05-2009, 6:52 AM Reply   
Well I went for a test ride sanger 215 and really liked the gel coat which almost had a glow, the seats are nice and soft but firm and felt like sitting on a couch without having to kiss my knees. But I hated the paper thin dash and glove box, some of the carpet was peeling, the board over the center ballast was warped, a warning light was on which was false, and the controls felt very fragile. The main turn off was the wake plate because it has to be adjusted with a wrench out of the water. How do you guys get yours dialed? This boat needs some adjustment because it shot a small rooster at surf speeds. Then that star gazer????? The boat ran nice, liked how it kept the plane at 20mph to bust through big wakes and then your gone. The end of the story was disappointing because I thought I was going to get a brand new wake boat in my price range.

(Message edited by duckboat on August 05, 2009)