Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through October 06, 2008

Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
Can anyone tell me what, if any, the difference between these two boats?

is the Euro just as capable of wakeboard boat? The one I'm looking at is a '93.

Thanks
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-03-2008, 4:54 PM Reply   
Essentially they are the same boat. Same hull, same motor, tranny. Funny I just saw some brochures on old Malibu's on TheMalibuCrew. I think the Euro's just have "European" styling, whatever that means. Maybe a few more bells & whistles, not that they had much bells & whistles in the first place back then. I think the Euro is mostly cosmetic differences. Check my profile for my Euro Sunsettter, also a 93.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 7:05 PM Reply   
thanks, Kevin good to know. so, can it throw up a pretty good wake? do you have any wake pics?
Old     (batman)      Join Date: Nov 2001       09-03-2008, 8:24 PM Reply   
I had a 92 Euro f3 and it through up a very respectable wake with some fat sacks alongside the motorbox. Loved that boat.
Upload
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-03-2008, 9:39 PM Reply   
thanks, mike. i dig the color scheme on that rig.
Old     (mechmaster)      Join Date: May 2006       09-04-2008, 8:25 AM Reply   
Here is the '89 Malibu brochure:

http://www.themalibucrew.com/forums/index.php?showtopic=16928

The lineup is the same as '93.
Old     (naptownwake)      Join Date: Jul 2007       09-04-2008, 3:31 PM Reply   
I'm currently looking at a 93 euro f3 sunsetter with a bit under 400 hrs on it for 12k. there are some small tears on the motor box, but otherwise it seems to be in good shape.

does this sound like a decent price?
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       09-04-2008, 3:54 PM Reply   
for that much money, you would probably be better off getting an older nautique. the 2001 model. probably mid to late 80's.
you are going to have sacks lying all over the floor of any DD if you want to get a great wake out of it anyways.
I had a mid 90's malibu, and had zero problems with it. I loved the boat. but if I was going the DD route again, I would be looking at the nautique, or even the older supras.
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-04-2008, 4:05 PM Reply   
Depends on what is included? Accessories add up fast. I bought mine 2 years ago for the same price with 600hrs. BUT...it came with a new tower, New Sunbrella bimini, tower mirror, 2 racks, 3 boards/bindings (HL Premier, LF Diva, LF Nemesis), new rope/handle, like new custom Sunbrella cover & original cover, 4 brand new tires on trailer, about 10 life vests (6 orange & 4 decent ones) The hull & gelcoat are immaculate, a couple of dime size tears in the upholstery. I did have to replace the steering cable.
Also depends on where you are located. Seems some states, there isn't a whole lot to choose from.
Old     (cla10beck)      Join Date: Dec 2007       09-05-2008, 5:36 AM Reply   
I just saw this post on craigslist here, it seems like a great deal, probably worth the drive, but who knows what shape its in

http://philadelphia.craigslist.org/boa/822135955.html
Old     (pri3st)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2008, 8:07 PM Reply   
Wow, that won't last long
Old     (tdiggity)      Join Date: Dec 2006       09-06-2008, 12:19 PM Reply   
get the mid 90's malibu i got a 93 and while the wake aint as great as a 2001 my boat is all composite so no floors and stringer replacement will ever need to be done trust me its worth it if you ever had to do one of the projects yourself or even worse pay top have it done.