Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (viktorya)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-27-2009, 9:03 AM Reply   
I am looking to get a private lake, I am sick of all the public lakes with all the yahoo's and never having good water to ride on. The boy grew up on one out at Pit 4 in Brighton but the family lost it. Any suggestions on where to get started and how to get this going?

Thanks!!
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2009, 9:30 AM Reply   
Standley lake is a semi private lake that is much better than chopfield or cherry creek
Old     (bruizza)      Join Date: May 2009       07-27-2009, 9:56 AM Reply   
You have to get a $850 (if you are a jefferson county resident) or $950 permit to ride Standley. They do a lottery in like feb/march to for the passes. http://www.ci.westminster.co.us/194.htm

I am hoping to get a pass there for next season. We weren't able to get one this year since we just bought a boat 2 weeks ago.
Old     (viktorya)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-27-2009, 10:08 AM Reply   
Ya, I have checked into Stanley before and Sloans lake. Sloans is the same way but in Denver.
Old     (cjh1669)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-27-2009, 10:20 AM Reply   
They only open up the passes to a few sleect cities and counties. This year they opened them all the way up due to the fact that they didn't sell out like they usually do
Old     (wake_pop)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-27-2009, 3:41 PM Reply   
I've been on a couple of different private lakes for a while. The last lake lost their lease. Check with the local boat dealers and see if they know of any open lake spots. It used to be every private lake had a waiting list and you had to know someone to get on, but the economy has changed that lately. There's several private lakes up aroung Ft Collins/Greeley area, as well as Empire out by Ft Morgan. It comes down to knowing the person that runs the club. Good luck.
Old     (reconabe)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-28-2009, 7:11 AM Reply   
Not to sound lame, but that is a pretty tough question for a public forum. Good water around here is pretty tough to come by and I dont think anyone is going to divulge that information online.

Most lakes that I have looked at come with a 2-15 year waitling list plus $2-5k pricetag per year.

I see you live in denver. There is good water to be had at cherry creek and at chatfield, but you arent going to find it on saturday or sundays. You have to be willing to hit those lakes at SUNRISE, during the week, and you WILL have great water.

That means boat is at the ramp ready to launch before the sun comes up. It takes some sacrifice of sleep, but when you are the only boat out there it is worth it.

(Message edited by reconabe on July 28, 2009)
Old     (viktorya)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-29-2009, 10:04 AM Reply   
Oh I know all about the sunrise, early morning sessions at Chatfield, we live 5 minutes away. But there comes a point where we just want the seclusion and sanity of a private lake.

Devon grew up on a private lake out in Brighton and the family lost it 3 years ago. Its just hard to find that certain someone who will relay the info I am looking for.

The price tag isnt an issue either, the water and atmosphere is for sure worth it! Getting on a waiting list now is better than never too.

A private lake is a goal we have set and am looking for any help I can get to get pointed in the right direction.
Old    killyourtv            07-29-2009, 11:22 AM Reply   
victoria,

PM me and i can get you in the door.

mike
Old     (steve_jones)      Join Date: Jun 2006       07-29-2009, 11:36 AM Reply   
Devon, we'll see you at the contest this Saturday. There are a bunch of good lakes and some new ones opening up in the Loveland area next season.

Not really a big fan of some of the lakes because of the bad algae, or long waits between sets, or chaos on the weekends, but there are some cool lakes coming down the pipe that are all wakeboarders, and all cool peeps.
Old     (viktorya)      Join Date: Jul 2009       07-29-2009, 12:17 PM Reply   
Hey Steve - I am Devon's girlfriend, the three of us should meet up and chat at the comp Saturday if you'll have a chance.

Devon is super stoked too, its gonna be a great day!

Thanks for your reply too!
Old     (okwakebdr)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-29-2009, 3:06 PM Reply   
I'm in the same position as Victoria. I recently moved to CO and really miss my private lake that I had in OK. The price tag really isn't the issue, I'm just looking for a lake.
Old    killyourtv            07-29-2009, 3:27 PM Reply   
okie boarder something is up with my email. PM me directly to my e-mail