Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 15, 2009

Old     (roor44)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-06-2009, 5:54 PM Reply   
my friend is buying a new boat and he has it narrowed down to these two boats. the enzo SV230 is only 2,000 more than the avalanche C4. not knowing much about either boat i wanted to come here to hear what all of you think of both boats. +/- of each, which has a better all around wake for wakeboarding and surfing, ect...,or which one you would go with.
thanks for the help
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2009, 6:46 PM Reply   
I personally like the Avalanche better, but realistically the Enzo 230 is the best option in the Centurion line, it has a super predictable wake that has a nice transition with a lip at the top. It also has the best surf wake in the industry and it doesn't need a ton of weight to make it. The Avalanche wake is really steep and hard (the reason I favor the Avalanche), and it's at it's best at higher speeds (23 and up). The Avalanche surf wake is decent, but nothing like the Enzo. 9 out of 10 people would prefer the Enzo over the Avalanche. I just happen to like riding at higher speeds and steep wakes.

Enzo SV230 5 Tanks full 10 people.
Upload

Avalanche C4 Starboard Wake with 3 Tanks plus 500 and 4 people.
Upload

Avalanche C4 Port
Upload
Old     (lifetimewarranty)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-06-2009, 7:36 PM Reply   
Seriously, give us some "real" choices!

Of course that is a joke!LOL!

(Message edited by lifetimewarranty on January 06, 2009)
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2009, 8:03 PM Reply   
Hilarious
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-06-2009, 8:04 PM Reply   
Bought my Enzo from Nate. Great dealer to work with and a great boat. My friends have an Avy. I've surfed both the Avy and Enzo. I can't say much about the wakeboard wake on either, not because I don’t like them , just that I’ve completely transitioned to wakesurfing. I've pulled wakeboarders, I just haven’t bothered to wakeboard since I had a wakeboard injury. Both boats make a great looking wakeboard wake with little effort.

I'd give the Avy better wake surf marks than Nate did. We use Centurion Avalanches to pull the 2007 and 2008 NWL National Wakesurf Championships. Take a look at this thread: http://www.wakeworld.com/MB/Discus/messages/87668/657003.html?1231299904
Old     (cbk)      Join Date: Aug 2006       01-06-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
Show -

I should give the Avalanche more credit, but once you've surfed an Enzo your standards are raised to a whole new level.
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-06-2009, 10:16 PM Reply   
I'm currently looking at those exact same boats myself... I've pretty much settled on the Enzo. If you can get an Enzo for 2k more, DO IT!! The Enzo is bigger, has a GREAT surf wave, and is more plush over all.

I test drove them both, and both have a surf wave you will be more than happy with, but you have to work a little harder to get it on the Avy. (just add more weight)

I dont have experience with this, but from reading posts here, the Avy seems to have a problem with some boats washing out one side of the wake at wakeboarding speeds... Also, the Enzo might not make that good of a dark side surf wave... Although the wakeoutlaws guys have their dark side dialed... (their boat is a 240 though)

One thing that I really didnt like on the Avy, is the thickness (or lack of) the padding under the vinyl. When getting in and out and walking across the sun deck, you could feel the hard material underneath. In the Enzo, the padding was thicker, and felt plush. Kinda nitpicky, but when you are spending that much for a boat.....

(Message edited by crushing76 on January 06, 2009)
Old     (crushing76)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-06-2009, 10:24 PM Reply   
If you are in the Dallas area, call Jack or Charlie at Fun-n-Sun boats... Great guys, and service 2nd to none.

972-420-7179
Old     (robvtx)      Join Date: Feb 2007       01-07-2009, 1:48 PM Reply   
dont rule out a typhoon, just got one last summer and im in love with it
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-07-2009, 4:21 PM Reply   
If you are going to do a lot of surfing I would get Sv230 Enzo Bouth boat are killer
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-07-2009, 10:23 PM Reply   
Dude, get an Enzo. If you can afford the bigger, more decked out boat then do it!

Who buys a boat based solely on wakesurfing? While the surf wave may be a huge factor, like it is for me, I also want a boat I'm gonna be super comfortable spending 8 hours a day in. The Enzo will throw a massive surf wave, it may take more weight adjusting but it will be epic, and keep you as comfortable as the best. The Avy will throw an amazing wave too, but it won't have that same 8 hour comfort as the Enzo. If you're anything like me, you're going to be spending most your summer in your boat. Get the killer option; the Enzo.

**To those with an Avy, not trying to knock it. Great boat. Just gotta be truthful. Like comparing Ferrari's to Lambo's.}
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-08-2009, 3:22 PM Reply   
I bought a boat based solely on wakesurfing:-)
Old    K.B.C.            01-08-2009, 4:09 PM Reply   
"Who buys a boat based solely on wakesurfing?"

People who can't wakeboard
Old     (4x4chevyguy)      Join Date: Oct 2008       01-08-2009, 4:53 PM Reply   
if you cant tell wakesurfing is growning faster then wakebording has ever. so i would say yes you do need to base it on surfing not just a wakeboarding boat anymore
Old     (bigshow)      Join Date: Feb 2005       01-08-2009, 5:41 PM Reply   
Scott, when was the last time you made a wakeboard?
Old     (taft)      Join Date: Jul 2006       01-08-2009, 8:16 PM Reply   
Maybe the better thing to say is that wakesurfing won't be the only factor that you look at when choosing between these two boats. They're both monsters for wakesurfing.

As for wakeboarding, i think i used my board once last season. that thing is going to collect dust.}
Old     (sailing216)      Join Date: Oct 2007       01-09-2009, 5:12 AM Reply   
In a few years, trying to do a flip on a wakeboard won't even be an option for me. Surfing will be my ticket. Being able to walk into work and earn a paycheck is something my family might like over being a great boarder.
Avy has alot of dead space in the v-drive locker area. My friend's 20ft falcon is just about as roomy as my Avy. The extra space of the Enzo is always nice out on the water. It's only a foot bigger but the inside has more than a foot of room over the Avy.
The first reply to your post by Nate is spot on. I'd go Enzo if it's that close in price.
Old     (roor44)      Join Date: Jul 2007       01-10-2009, 10:00 PM Reply   
right on guys, thanks for all the great feed back. i think he's going with the enzo