Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through August 27, 2003 > Archive through September 24, 2004

Old    greenday77            09-09-2004, 6:01 AM Reply   
I was out this weekend and when I was on my way home I had many of my accessories running--lights, ballast pump, radio and amp, and interior lights. Everything was fine and all of the sudden the boat went dead. I shut off all accessories and tried to just start the engine, but when I tried to push in the ignition switch it kept overloading and popping out. Ended up getting a tow back and was wondering if anyone has seen this before. As it stands now when I push the ignition switch in now the oil pressure shoot up along with the temp gauge and then trips out. Checked all fuses and battery seams good. Any input would be appreciated. The engine is the GT 40.

Old     (fox)      Join Date: Jul 2002       09-09-2004, 6:46 AM Reply   
It's probably a ground wire problem. Start by checking those and see that they are all connected nice and tight.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-09-2004, 7:45 AM Reply   
If you use the breaker to turn on and off everything when you put the boat away, the breaker may simply be worn out. Also make sure that it is the proper amperage. Otherwise you have a short to find.
Old     (jwat142)      Join Date: Jan 2002       09-09-2004, 9:33 AM Reply   
Mike,

I don't mean to highjack your thread, but I have a quick question for ya. I have the same exact boat you do and I was wondering if you turn off the breaker every time you take the boat out of the water. I was just wondering because I tow my boat everywhere and I usually just use it on the weekends, so it sits for 5 days or so. I was told to shut off the breaker everytime I was done using it and just wondered if this was right or not. Thanks a lot.
Old     (peter_c)      Join Date: Sep 2001       09-09-2004, 6:44 PM Reply   
I turned off my breaker everytime my boat was not in the water. Breakers are fairly cheap to replace so why not?
Old     (planetnautique)      Join Date: Oct 2003       09-10-2004, 8:34 AM Reply   
You should turn the breaker off each time you're done with the boat. Otherwise you'll end up with a drained battery after a couple of days. The only exception to this is if you're leaving your boat in the water for a few days, and want to leave the auto bilge pump on. You'd need to leave the main breaker on too for that to work.