Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 10, 2007

Old     (wakeboardern1)      Join Date: Aug 2007       09-05-2007, 8:27 PM Reply   
My incredibly amazing wakeboard boat is a 22' 1992 Hurricane Fundeck deckboat. I'd have to say it's the most amazing boat ever for wakeboarding behind. It even has a ballast system. It's more commonly known as a hole in the hull of the boat. It has a battery that dies quite often, including while tied up with the liquid force boats during brostock, resulting in paddling a long way back home with a bunch of drunk guys in the boat behind me. And it is topped off with a like, 200 hp motor. Not to mention the screwed up aesthetic problems with it, like the vinyl on the seats all being torn out and stuff like that... An accurate description would be the Pinto of boats. And I don't mean the pinto bean :-p

All negatives aside though, if you balance out the weight from the driver,it can throw a pretty decent wake. I've been actually contemplating putting a tower on it instead of buying a wakeboard boat, but am curious as to how effective that would actually be.

The worst thing about where I ride though is that there is someone out there with an absolutely gorgeous Wakesetter out there, and they water ski behind it. Thankfully though, they don't do power turns, but I cry a little bit inside when I see them water skiing, not even slalom skiing behind it... Not only that, but there are people out there with brand new X-Stars and Supras who ride around like they're hot s*** because they've got these nice rides, but can't do anything but jump the wake, and not even w2w, and then they'll ride by and taunt us in the deckboat. It just frustrates me... And this one deckboat that is literally out 24/7 towing their kids on a tube, and they just completely shred the water where people regularly wakeboard...

But after reading all that, I go back to the question about riding behind a deckboat. Does anyone else here do that? And how crazy would it be to have a tower on a deckboat... Or should I just earn a 3.5 in college and get a wakeboard boat? :-p