Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through December 14, 2003

Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-06-2003, 3:25 PM Reply   
Did he retire or deceide to take off some time? He could use some time to heal.. but thats a bit much. I suppose he doesn't need the money! OUch
Old     (wakeripper)      Join Date: Oct 2002       10-06-2003, 4:31 PM Reply   
I wonder if it has anything to do with his pending marriage? Besides the guys does so much for the sport let him take a year off... and what better way than to win Worlds.
Old    xtremebordgurl            10-06-2003, 5:43 PM Reply   
I dunno, I'm happy for him, he's getting married and he's got the back yard tour going on, plus his new camp that he's starting, and all his video work, the guys got his hands full. Personally I think its a smart move. He can focus more on getting back into the grassroots side of things with the BYT next summer, plus I'm sure he is going to want some personal time while he starts settling down. Congradulations Shaun! You've defenitly earned all that you have, best of luck! Your defenitly one of the best representatives the sport could have asked for!!
Old     (cdm)      Join Date: Aug 2003       10-06-2003, 9:27 PM Reply   
I agree he is a class act! Congrats Shaun..
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       10-06-2003, 9:53 PM Reply   
Shaun rules. It is great to see him finish this portion of his career on "top". He has been so great for the sport. I wish him the best!
Old     (njladydriver)      Join Date: Nov 2002       10-09-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
Bess hit the nail right on the head. According to Lloyd (his dad), he is NOT retiring. He's just taking a year off. He's been competing for the last 9 years straight and with the BYT, the new school, getting married, and what ever else he has going on, he just wants some time to enjoy everything and take a much needed rest. Good for him!!
Old     (sdboardr99)      Join Date: Aug 2001       10-09-2003, 8:08 PM Reply   
Shaun will also have more time to do videos and work on new tricks. I'm sure he'll be pretty busy just between getting married and starting up the new camp with Travis!

Old    lucky            10-10-2003, 5:48 AM Reply   
I'm not being critcal of Shaun at all, just jelous. I wish I could take a year off from work to enjoy my new marraige. I'll tell you what Shaun you sell mortgages for me for the next year and I will drive the boat at your school and work on new tricks! Good Luck and congratulations!
Old    wakechick            10-10-2003, 6:51 AM Reply   
Direct quote from Mr. Lloyd Murray in another topic:
"And while we're at it - let me put another rumor to rest - Shaun is not retiring - he is taking a year off from competition. 9 years and he needed a break..."
Old    wakeboard_iraq            10-10-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
Folks, with all of the business ventures going on in his life, I highly doubt that he is taking much time off at all - he is likely just taking time off from the pro tour.

I am happy for him - he has worked his butt off and has also proven to be highly talented at marketing his own image which means that he has good business sense (or at least somebody close to him does). I will guess that his camp does well too.
Old    lucky            10-10-2003, 8:38 AM Reply   
To clarify, I am not bashing him or suggesting he is lazy, it is obvious he works hard at everything he is involved in, and does a good job from everything I have ever seen.
Old    jakeman            10-10-2003, 8:52 AM Reply   
he was busy shooting this video

"Off the Leash"

www.420EMPIRE.com