Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through January 14, 2005

Old     (surfnfury65)      Join Date: Aug 2004       11-06-2004, 1:05 PM Reply   
I have a 05 B52 and I have noticed that there is play in the steering wheel. I can rock it up and down back and forth. It's not huge but just wondering how much is normal. Anyone?
Board More/Work Less!
John$
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       11-06-2004, 11:04 PM Reply   
I can't "rock" my steering wheel at all!

It is common for the steering to develop a little slop, as in a bit of rotation in the wheel before you actually start turning, but if the wheel moves up and down something is wrong!

You say it is an '05? Take it back and have it fixed! The last thing you want it your steering to fail!

Old     (bradb)      Join Date: Oct 2003       11-07-2004, 7:46 PM Reply   
If you find the play is in the universal joint of the tilt mechanism, there is nothing you can do to tighten it.
Mine had some play in it after while ('94 nautique), and I replaced it with a new one (I think you can find them if you search the web for teleflex) and it has been fine since.
B
Old     (healing)      Join Date: Dec 2002       11-07-2004, 9:10 PM Reply   
John,
Have you tried taking it apart and seeing if it was just a loose bolt screw etc? I had some play in my wheel after numerous trips under the console wiring ballast pump switches and installing a sub among other projects. Note: try not to use the steering wheel for chin ups, opps.

I took the steering wheel off then peeled back the rubber boot and found two phillips head screws that were loose. I tightened those and the problem was solved. Next time I will not use the wheel as a pull up bar. good luck