Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through December 15, 2008

Old     (spunnnn)      Join Date: Jun 2006       10-16-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
My boat is kinda chewed up at the nose from hitting the crank wheel to many times on steep ramps, a couple of the gouges are a good 16" down the nose. Should I bother getting it fixed or trying to fix it myself or just sell it like it is....being as it is only cosmetic.
Old     (marcia)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-16-2008, 6:52 PM Reply   
We always totally detail our boats in and out and repair any scratches and etc. before we advertise. The market is flooded with boats right now so unless you are willing to pretty much give it away I think you will have a better shot at selling it if you fix the gouges.
Old     (chpthril)      Join Date: Oct 2007       10-16-2008, 7:01 PM Reply   
With the shape of the used boat market right now, anything that makes your boat more appealing then the next guys, is a plus. If you're gonna fix it, fix it right.

(Message edited by chpthril on October 16, 2008)
Old     (psudy)      Join Date: Dec 2003       10-17-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
I think it depends on what your asking for it. Obviously fixing it will bring more money, but if you just want to move it, and the price is right, it might not bother someone that thinks they are getting a really good deal.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            10-17-2008, 9:40 AM Reply   
If it is just cosmetic stuff take it in to a local fiberglass/gel coat shop and have it cleaned up. Have them fix up any other scratches as well. You will feel better about selling it, and the buyer will feel more comfortable on how you took care of the boat. It should not cost you that much. Post some pics
Old     (marcia)      Join Date: Sep 2008       10-17-2008, 1:30 PM Reply   
If you're lookin for the best gel coat repair at a reasonable price call Master Marine (Merced area) 563 6207. He has worked on our boats and does an awesome job!