Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through September 04, 2009

Old     (tbund)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-06-2009, 8:20 PM Reply   
I was looking for quick release bolts for my tower, a Krypt I bought from Ken at bulletlines, and I found pics of my boat in an advertisement for the airborne tower on onlyinboards.com.

I am fine with them using it, but it would have been nice to be asked.
It ought to be worth a set of quick release knobs don't you think.

Mine is the teal supreme
http://www.onlyinboards.com/ski-boat-accessories/airborne-towers.html
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-06-2009, 8:24 PM Reply   
I would just be proud and let it be...
Old     (family_deckhand)      Join Date: May 2008       08-06-2009, 8:27 PM Reply   
I dunno about letting it be if they don't have permission to use the image they should take it down.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-06-2009, 8:47 PM Reply   
ha-ha, I think Ken was using someone elses boat pics in an ad for fiberglass repair one time, right?? maybe he's at it again! but i doubt it he got pwned on here for that one!

my experiences with the onlyinboards guy is nothing but great. I'm sure if you are concerned and let him know he will take it down...
Old     (gravity)      Join Date: Jul 2009       08-06-2009, 8:55 PM Reply   
so how do you like the tower
Old     (westsiderippa)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-06-2009, 9:04 PM Reply   
if they got the pic off a public site on the web and then used it. sounds like fair game, idk just guessing. tower looks nice though.
Old     (michridr69)      Join Date: Dec 2008       08-06-2009, 9:09 PM Reply   
get over it bro, it's a nice pic
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       08-06-2009, 9:20 PM Reply   
no matter where it was posted its not fair game or free to use, that's just not how the law works...

Copyright ownership generally falls with the author of the content. In the case of a picture it is the person that took the picture. If someone takes a picture of your sweet boat or you in your Ferrari on the street, just b/c you own the boat or car doesn't mean you own the picture. Its the person that took the picture (authored the content). In real life business I'm surprised they didn't ask you first, seems like common courtesy.

either way in this case its probably not a big deal. and your boat does look A-W-E-S-O-M-E!
Old     (tbund)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-06-2009, 9:24 PM Reply   
I was just surprised to see it in the ad.
I love the tower, it is really solid and I think it looks less universal than most universals, if that makes sense.
Old    murrayair            08-07-2009, 1:52 AM Reply   
Tj is correct. We deal with this all the time in the film industry. Now, if you were in the picture, or if they were standing on your property while taking the picture, then they would need to have release forms from you.
Old     (bendow)      Join Date: Sep 2005       08-07-2009, 5:00 AM Reply   
at least it's not a pic of your gf/wife naked
Old     (johnsvt)      Join Date: Dec 2006       08-07-2009, 5:09 AM Reply   
did Ken go to your house and take the pic? OR did you send it to him
Old     (jaybee)      Join Date: Aug 2007       08-07-2009, 5:53 AM Reply   
Something tells me explaining copyright laws on here will fall on deaf ears.
Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2009, 6:04 AM Reply   
Sweet boat. I'd simply be proud if they chose to use a picture of my boat in an advertisement, not looking to score free stuff because of it? Now, if they offered me free stuff, I certainly wouldn't turn it down, but I wouldn't ask or expect it for simply using a picture of my boat.
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       08-07-2009, 6:13 AM Reply   
It was sent to me by Ken when i asked him for install pics. I am not sure if he did or did not give me permission to add it to the site honestly. I never would have thought someone would care... but just say the word and I'll take it down.
Old     (gunz)      Join Date: Sep 2001       08-07-2009, 7:20 AM Reply   
I don't see a watermark,so why all the cryin?
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-07-2009, 7:46 AM Reply   
I'm honored when I see our boat pics used
Old     (trace)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-07-2009, 7:55 AM Reply   
Sounds like you sent the pic to Ken first.
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-07-2009, 8:17 AM Reply   
tell em to give u a rebate haha jk I would be proud!!
Old     (ricabernathy)      Join Date: Jun 2009       08-07-2009, 8:18 AM Reply   
oh and good lookin boat
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-07-2009, 8:23 AM Reply   
Narcissism reeks around the here...

I bet if TBUNDs favorite rider happened to be on the same lake doing a photo shoot and Coincidentally TBUNDS boat was in the background he would be bragging about it...
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-07-2009, 9:38 AM Reply   
Its just a picture... who cares.. everyone wants something for nothing... free quick release knobs? serious?

No offense, but come on... be proud that your boat is up there..
Old     (supra)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-07-2009, 9:57 AM Reply   
Son, we live in a world that has walls and those walls need to be guarded by men with guns. Who's gonna do it? You? You, Lieutenant Weinberg? I have a greater responsibility than you can possibly fathom. You weep for Santiago and curse the Marines; you have that luxury. You have the luxury of not knowing what I know: that Santiago's death, while tragic, probably saved lives and that my existence, while grotesque and incomprehensible to you, saves lives. You don't want the truth because deep down in places you don't talk about at parties you want me on that wall, you need me on that wall. We use words like honor, code, loyalty. We use them as the backbone of a life trying to defend something. You use them as a punchline. I have neither the time nor the inclination to explain myself to a man who rises and sleeps under the blanket of the very freedom I provide and then questions the manner in which I provide it. I would rather you just said "thank you," and went on your way. Otherwise, I suggest that you pick up a weapon and stand a post. Either way, I don't give a damn what you think you are entitled to.

Dont know why, but this post reminded me of this scene.. LOL
Old     (adam)      Join Date: Feb 2009       08-07-2009, 9:58 AM Reply   

that was pretty good..
Old     (dukeno1)      Join Date: May 2006       08-07-2009, 11:34 AM Reply   
Damn Kevin

You didn't recall that word from word from memory did you? If so you da man! (and you need to retire that movie!) Very cool scene though. Jack Nicholson vs. Tom Cruise...no contest...Jacko with the K.O.
Old     (tbund)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-07-2009, 2:13 PM Reply   
I guess my sarcasm was misunderstood by some regarding the free knobs. Ian at onlyinboards is great and sold me a set.
Old    pdxWAKE.com            08-07-2009, 2:54 PM Reply   
"Did you order the code red?"
Old     (csmsk)      Join Date: Aug 2008       08-07-2009, 4:45 PM Reply   
YER GOSH DARN RIGHT I DID!!!
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       08-07-2009, 5:20 PM Reply   
So how did Ken get the picture?

How can you read and start this thread without telling us?
Old     (tbund)      Join Date: Feb 2008       08-07-2009, 6:54 PM Reply   
I bought the tower from Ken and sent him a pic of the tower after installation.