Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       06-09-2008, 6:11 PM Reply   
I swear, scammers have to be the dumbest SOB's on the planet. A guy used a stolen credit card to list a 2004 MC X80 on the site for 8,200. He purchased the highest listing price and is asking 8200 for the boat. Seriously, how stupid can these people be? It's like they are trying to send up the red flag to anyone who's paying attention.. the dude is so stupid he didn't even realize I emailed him from an OnlyInboards.com email address!

Here is his email..

Hi,
I am emailing you regarding the 2004 Mastercraft X80 boat that I have for sale .
The boat looks and works perfect and I must tell you that this is a regretfull sale but I have some problems with my family and it must go now.
The boat have only 120 h and it is in perfect condition. No hidden problems .
Since I have a lot of problems and I am very bussy , I prefer closing the transaction trough an eBay purchase protection program because is this way both of us are protected. If you don't know how does the eBay Vehicle Purchase Protection Program work please let me know so I can help you. I used it several times (as a seller but as well as a buyer) and everything was perfect.
The boat was inspected by eBay and they approved the sale through their service . As well, shipping & handling fees are included in the final price ($ 8,200 ) and you will not have to pay any other taxes to register the boat on your name.
The boat is at eBay's warehouse in NY and from there it will be shipped to the buyer's address after ebay will receive a deposit payment from the buyer. So you must know that I will sell the boat to the first buyer who will send the deposit payment to ebay.
If you are interested in going ahead with the transaction please let me know your full name and shipping address so I can open a transaction case through eBay with your details.
Thank you

"Ian Brown - OnlyInboards.com" wrote:
Is there a mix up on the price on this boat? 8200 for an X80?

Thanks,
Ian

I wouldn't mind messing with the dude but am not sure how to string him along... any suggestions?

BTW, i deleted the ad already and called the cardholder to notify them and voided the charge.