Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through January 11, 2007

Old     (chaser)      Join Date: Sep 2006       11-29-2006, 12:48 PM Reply   
I want to pick out a board package for my wife and daughter. They are nearly the same size and weight. About 5'7", 135lbs. Both of them are complete beginners. My wife got up once last year on my board and my daughter tried but couldn't. They want one of their own. Anyone know of a good package deal that would suit their needs? Thanks for helping me with my X-mas shopping!

(Message edited by chaser on November 29, 2006)
Old     (iman21)      Join Date: Aug 2006       11-29-2006, 1:01 PM Reply   
Hey Bob, I know I may get crap for this but, I started my girlfriend out on a 05' Dallas Friday combo from Sports Authority. Decent board, four molded in fins with two center screw in fins. My girlfriend is about 5'7", 125lbs. It's a good, cheap way to start them out with a top name board. Hell, I rode it once when my bindings broke while we where out there. The combo may be going up on the X-mass giveaway thread. Hope this helped.
Old     (wake4fun)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2006, 2:14 PM Reply   
Liquid Force Diva or Hyperlite Divine...both with bindings are around 299.
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-29-2006, 2:57 PM Reply   
Another vote for the Divine. I'd match it up with Spin bindings.
Old     (criswb)      Join Date: Oct 2005       11-29-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Id go with the Diva/element combo
Old     (norcal_wakejunky)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 3:00 PM Reply   
134 Liquid Force Angel with the Minx bindings. Buy either 2005 or 2006 much cheaper than brand new.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-29-2006, 3:07 PM Reply   
diva and divine are great boards for the bigginer to intermidiate level. They mostly come in packages which is nice cause youll save some money the problem you will encounter is the boots. States, symbols, elements. Many people ive spoken with that purchased these packages liked the board but hated the boots. They tend to not wrap up as high around your leg as other boots do. Depending on the user ive also seen boots rub blisters. Try to find one of those boards but go with cwb torqs or maybe a more highend boot from another company. The torqs fit a wide range of foot sizes. There well priced, and most important for a bigginer to intermediate boot they are super comfy
Old     (bp22)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 3:37 PM Reply   
I went with the LF Diva/Element for my wife. You can pick them up for pretty cheap. She just started riding and is loving it.
Old     (knarbar)      Join Date: Nov 2006       11-29-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
thats good to hear the elements arent too bad but the symbols and foundations from hyperlite are pretty weak.
Old     (lizzyb)      Join Date: Sep 2005       11-29-2006, 4:14 PM Reply   
I have the Divine and Symbols set-up and I'm not a fan of the bindings. I would recommend the board though - good for beginners.
Old     (dakid)      Join Date: Feb 2001       11-29-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
you gotta ride it to be a fan of it.
Old     (alliecat0223)      Join Date: Oct 2006       11-29-2006, 4:24 PM Reply   
I have been riding the Divine for 2 years now and love it. Im just now ready to poss go to a new board. I did though change from the vargas bindings last year to parks. It is a great board to start out on.
Old     (texastbird)      Join Date: May 2003       11-30-2006, 10:34 AM Reply   
Another vote for the LF Diva. Got one for my daughter last year and she's still going strong on it. I found this one for $150 on a closeout, and found a deal on bindings elsewhere.
Old    innov8actionsports.com            12-01-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
The CWB Lotus or Sapphire with Sage or Ember Hinge Tech bindings is the way to go, easy in and out with the hinge bindings and the CWB ladies Boards are top notch Boards.