Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (mossy44)      Join Date: Oct 2001       07-06-2007, 9:50 AM Reply   
On the 4th, my sister, my friend, and I woke up around 6:45 and headed out on the lake to get a set before the water got choppy. My wife wanted to sleep in for another hour or so.

After my first fall, I realized I still had my wedding ring on. FYI...it is VERY difficult for me to get my ring off my finger. I thought in my head "take it off and hand it to them as they drive by you in the boat. No, dont do that, you might drop it. It wont come off, just remember when you get done riding to take it off". Well, on a 540 attempt, the handle popped out of my hand. I didnt notice until I got back in the boat that it was gone. It had some diamonds in it too.

On the bright side. Right after I rode, my sister attemmpted a backroll and landed but popped the handle. Tried it again and stuck it for the first time!!!!!! She tried it a few times last summer and got a concussion. She had been trying a couple this summer and finally landed it.

So, i got back to the house and asked my wife.....you want the good news or the bad?

She took it pretty well. Kind of upset for me, but wasnt mad.

(Message edited by mossy44 on July 06, 2007)
Old     (cadesun)      Join Date: May 2007 Location: Chicago       07-06-2007, 10:04 AM Reply   
That about happened to me last summer but I caught it on my last knuckle. Now I take it off as soon as we get on the water and it lives in the glove compartment for the weekend.
Old     (charman)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-06-2007, 10:12 AM Reply   
friend of mine is on his 5th. the last 3 have been $20s. he's an idiot though.
Old     (jon4pres)      Join Date: May 2004       07-06-2007, 11:14 AM Reply   
I always take mine off because it digs into my finger. I never have thought about it falling off.
Old     (air210)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 11:25 AM Reply   
Lost mine in the river a couple of years ago...It didn't fall off tough, I was a dumb ass and threw it to my friend in the boat. I had distance, I had target, but what I did take into consideration was the 1" strap on my bimini, hit that, bounced back towards me and well you know the rest. Wife is still pissed off to this day. I take it off before stepping on the boat now....
Old     (wakeguru)      Join Date: Feb 2003       07-06-2007, 11:31 AM Reply   
Yeah, that sucks...it sounded like a nice one.

I lost my first one in the lake. I was on the platform getting booted up had one foot in and my girl's like "are you going to take off your ring"...I said "yeah, otay" so I took it off and went to toss it in the cupholder behind the engine (direct drive) like I have done many times before. Problem was my bro in-law was sitting on the engine cover with his board accross his knees and went to grab it mid-air...he turned and the board batted the ring perfectly over the side of the boat. Doh. I couldn't jump in after it since I had one foot in the boot. This was in the deepest section of an otherwise shallow ass lake too. She saw it all happen so it's hard to get mad and it's just jewelry. We're not big on wearing bling anyway...even though it was a nice white gold ring.

Now I've got a $100 special that will last forever probably I swear. If I go surfing and forget to take it off I'll drop it inside my wetsuit or in my boardshorts pocket and it's still there every time.
Old     (mikea)      Join Date: Mar 2005       07-06-2007, 3:53 PM Reply   
I have lost one ring.
I ask everyone to take off rings so no one gets their ring caught on a rope or handel. because once they lose the finger that the was on, I will have to take them back to shore, and that will get blood on boat.
I cannot stand getting blood on my boat...

congrats on the backroll
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       07-06-2007, 4:48 PM Reply   
I have had a couple friends lose rings on my boat. One regular $100 ring from my GF, and another friend lost her engagement ring at the lake. But the topper was a couple nights ago on Mission Bay for the 4th fireworks. My friends mom decided to jump off and take a swim. About 5 minutes after she was back on the boat, she realized her $10,000 ring was gone! She is having a diver friend go take a look, but the chances are VERY slim. Just a reminder to always take them off!
Old     (gene3x)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Dallas , TX       07-06-2007, 4:57 PM Reply   
Dude I have lost my wedding ring 5 times. 2 in the water.
Old     (wakeboardmatt)      Join Date: Jun 2007       07-06-2007, 9:23 PM Reply   
That is a bummer bro, good thing she took it well!