Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2006

Old     (robandrus)      Join Date: Feb 2002       08-02-2006, 11:24 AM Reply   
For those of you who ride Lake Mead you know "The wall" anyway, we go down last night, wind blowing like a banshee. What I can't quite understand is why every boat with a tube has to come find the only good water on the lake, find the spot you're trying to make a run eff it up.

The truth is tubing is a bit like sex out doors. Everybody likes it once in a while, but it should be done where no one can see.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-02-2006, 11:41 AM Reply   
I can't believe I'm playing devil's advocate to defend tubers of all people, but here goes:

Contrary to popular belief, tubers like smooth water too. Tubers don't want to go through constant chop; it's painful and boring. They want smooth water so the driver can really sling them out to the outside and they can "glide" in at full speed to hit their OWN wake. When it's choppy, you don't get nearly the acceleration and "pop". Also, it's much more comfortable for the people sitting in the boat to be making at-speed power turns in decent water, as opposed to an ocean. As much as we complain about other boaters, sometimes I think wakeboarders are most guilty of "acting like they own the lake". However, if you were at "the wall" first and the tubers came later, I can fully understand your frustration.

And no, I am not a tuber, nor will I ever tube again; I just find it hard to get mad at people who are only trying to have fun on the water (the same as you), no matter what their hobby may be.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 11:50 AM Reply   
Whose side are you on TUBE LOVER. LOL
Old     (jbjboc)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Wow Jeff.....
that took some Cajones!!!!
I agree with you though in principle
........don't tell anyone .......
Old     (foxrepdc)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-02-2006, 11:51 AM Reply   
Luckily for me....most of the tubers at my lake stay in the coves. I guess mom and dad don't want jr. getting bucked off in the open water. If they're making the coves into an H2O rodeo....we just hit the big, and wait for the evening glass. I like that almost as much as riding! Listen to some tunes, sip a few cold ones, drift and watch the other wake guys picking out their spots....best time of the day other than on the board!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-02-2006, 11:52 AM Reply   
uh...um...my real name isn't jeff vaaler...i swear!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-02-2006, 11:55 AM Reply   
"The truth is tubing is a bit like sex out doors. Everybody likes it once in a while, but it should be done where no one can see."

Substitute "taking a dump" for "sex" and "has to do it" for "likes it"

Yes . . . . much better analogy IMHO.

(Message edited by richd on August 02, 2006)

(Message edited by richd on August 02, 2006)
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-02-2006, 11:59 AM Reply   
Substitute (wakesurfers) for "Tubers"

I'll take the tubers over the Wakesurfers all day any day. At least you can still blow by a tuber on plane.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 12:00 PM Reply   
Im so using that analogy. Copywritten. Please dont use this analogy without written consent. Thanks in advance for your consideration
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2006, 12:18 PM Reply   
Haha!! Great Analogy! Thats like what my friends dad used to say! His was not as PG as yours!

"_____ a ______, is like ridin a moped! Fun as hell to do, Just don't let your friend see ya!!" He would fill the blanks in with words I can't put on here! At 14, that was the funnest thing I ever heard!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-02-2006, 12:22 PM Reply   
Your friend's Dad didn't happen to grow up on a farm did he?
Old     (bigpapaf1f)      Join Date: May 2005       08-02-2006, 12:32 PM Reply   
Haha Ya I think so! All I know is, He has a lot of cattle now.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-02-2006, 3:27 PM Reply   
When i see championship tubing on the X games then I will give it some respect."They like calm water so they can glide out and hit there own wake to get more pop" Thats the craziest S#!t Ive ever heard.Then Jeff describes how they like calm water so they can make power turns. Thats GREAT!!!
Old     (thane_dogg)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-02-2006, 6:41 PM Reply   
wakeboarding on smooth water is gay.
Old     (ducttape)      Join Date: May 2006       08-02-2006, 6:57 PM Reply   
A bit ago I went to Vail with my bro-in-law and his friend. As we roll over the hill all I can see is glass! I was stocked! We launch the boat and head out, then they grab a big box and start messing around...yep, they started inflating their e-bay purchased kite tube. I begged and pleaded to be dropped off at shore or shot, but to my horror had to watch them ruin the butter trying to kill themselves on the tube! By the time they were too hurt to go on, the wind had picked up and the water was all chop. Those damn blue collar tubers are the backbone of my town.
Old     (fullspeed)      Join Date: Oct 2005 Location: Santa Cruz County CA       08-02-2006, 7:51 PM Reply   
Tubers are for little kids that are too young to wakeboard or people that can't. I agree that tubers should get lost along with those Jet skiers. The only time I fill a tube is so my little girls can enjoy the ride back to the marina.
Old     (cmeriptahoe)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-02-2006, 7:59 PM Reply   
someone is going to electronically castrate me for this... but i enjoy my tubing. only when the water is already choppy tho of course. no one on my boat will ruin butter on a tube.
Old     (juiced4ever)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-02-2006, 11:00 PM Reply   
I will second the wakesurfers for tubers comment. Especially in the delta. Last weekend before it blew out my buddy was passing a surfer in Vics of all places and his wake caused the kill switch to fall out on his malibu.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-02-2006, 11:27 PM Reply   
Just tonight with my bull I yelled at the old as 60boat pulling a tube around our end of the lake, I say our end cause we were the first and only ones. But anywho I was polite as I yeeled please stay at the other end of the lake you are tearing up our water. Everybody looked at me in our boat like dud your f'crazy but we never seen the tubers again.

point being just try asking politely, I would have to believe most tubers don't realize that they are pissing up off..

And yes I will pull a tube behind my boat only if it it choppy as hell, or we stay at thearea already tore up by wind.

3 things in life you never do...

1. ask to ride another mans Harley.
2. ask to ride another mans wife
3. tube on butter
Old    flyhigh916            08-02-2006, 11:36 PM Reply   
I have a bit of a problem with people wakesurfing on glass as well. Wakesurfing is allright, but in my opinion should be kept for a) the end of the day when youre tired of wakeboarding or b) when its too choppy to ride When I see people out surfing at 10am on glass, tearing up the entire lake, I just shake my head.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 7:19 AM Reply   
Yea...because wakeboarders are more important than Surfers or Tubers. Our fun is the most important, then theirs.... WHATEVER....this type of discussion always makes me laugh. If I am somewhere first, I don't care of it's butter or not, I do what I please, when I please....and as far as someone else "needing that water more" ***** 'um.....get up earlier jimmy legs.
Upload
Old     (biz)      Join Date: Mar 2004       08-03-2006, 8:09 AM Reply   
Those guys wakesurfing at 10 am may have been there since 6 AM getting some butter. On the lake i go to its chopped up by 10 am.
With that being said i do AND do not agree with the issue of wakesurfing in butter when there are boarders around. Both boats will be loaded down with weight (typically) and will throw a wall of water. As long as there are no power turns all should be good. Surfing is around 11 MPH and boarding is 22-27 mph depending on the setup. Pretty easy to speed up and go around a surfer. Tubers are a completely different story. This should be the law; middle of the lake, middle of the day between the hours of 12-3 and only on certain lakes.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 8:17 AM Reply   
If it were not for tubers, we could ride good water well into the afternoon. As soon as the tubes come out, it's over.

I watch one S-turning tuber destroy half the fargin lake trying to kill their own children and then powerturning back for them.

**** PWC's and **** tubes

If you ain't holding on to the rope with your hands, stay off the good water. If your kids are too lame to wakeboard, then you are too lame to teach em.
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2006, 8:19 AM Reply   
"Pretty easy to speed up and go around a surfer."

Not always on the delta.

Wakeboaring speeds push the rollers to the shore where they are broken up. Surfing pushes rollers straight down the channel, and it SUCKS.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2006, 8:28 AM Reply   
Duffy, I'm not saying you have to respect tubing (lord knows I don't), but acting like you're superior and deserve glass more because you wakeboard makes you a jackass. I haven't tubed since I was 10, but I do remember it was MUCH more fun on smooth water. I hate to break it to you, but other boaters aren't entitled to ensure you have the most fun possible. They're looking out for numero uno. Just think, would you move from a calm area--thus sacrificing your enjoyment--to allow a boat full of complete strangers (fisherman, tubers, surfers, etc.) to have a better day on the lake? Didn't think so. So why should they? If tubers get to the glass first, grow up and accept it. Like E.J. said, WAKE UP! If you get beat to a spot by 5 year-old tubers, maybe you don't enjoy wakeboarding as much as you think you do.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 8:29 AM Reply   
My wakeboarder kid could kick your tuber kid's azz. G-blingbling does not think tubers suck, he knows they suck. He also feels sorry for the kid in tube behind him because he knows that kid will spend the rest of his life being a tool and will probably have a garage full of PWC's that he will take to the lake and do endless spin-o-ramas. G would also like to thank his stepdad Flux never letting him tube and making him wakeboard because chicks now dig him and he is not a wuss pile in his tube.

G-blinghatestubers
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 8:40 AM Reply   
Jeff makes a valid point, but forgets that tubing is ****ing lame and he is a moron for defending it. Wakeboarding is far superior to tubing, it really is. Any dip**** can tube, do S-turns, and tear up some good water.

What you see above is the result of countless hours spent teaching with someone in the water, someone throwing the rope to them, and someone circling back over and over and over and over until he get's it. Now he does deepwater starts and has a sense of pride for what he has accomplished, both our kids do. They know what rollers are and what "good water" is because they experienced it first hand.

I watch the other kids go by them in the tubes. Big kids too, they look rediculous bouncing up and down on the tube trying to get it to do something and then they fall off and the boat does a massive power turn to go get them. Then they see the G cutting to jump out of the wake and they kind of sit and stare.

Teach your children well. The haul their asses out of bed and get in the boat if they want good water and decent sets. They also have to be patient while the adults get their cuts. They also know they will never tube again.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 8:41 AM Reply   
Okay Flux..... I would take offense to your post, but anyone grown man that would call a kid G-blingbling cannot be taken serious. Let alone the rest of the post....classic at best.

You and your entire crew must be so "core" you are pure molten lava.
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2006, 8:44 AM Reply   
Mad props to G-blingbling and Flux!
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-03-2006, 8:49 AM Reply   
"Wakeboarding is far superior to tubing, it really is."

Dood add some smiley faces or something so that we know for sure you are being sarcastic! Right now it's hard to tell.
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2006, 8:53 AM Reply   
"You and your entire crew must be so "core" you are pure molten lava."

It can be assumed they refer to themselves as the G-Unit
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 8:54 AM Reply   
Oh....let me add. I am about the kids on the boat having fun. I don't care if that is wakeboarding, skiing, surfing or tubing. They can ask me to take them somewhere they can swim, they can ask to try the tube or wakeboard. Whatever they think will be fun, that is what I want them to do.

The LAST thing I am worried about while on the water is looking cool.....or being considered "a wakeboarder." Sorry little one, we are a core crew....no tubing.... Again, classic stuff......good morning entertainment.
Old     (dreambig)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2006, 9:02 AM Reply   
G blingbling isnt going to be able to walk down the street without vaginnnna falling on his head. I just wanna be in his presence so i can scoop up the poon that falls on the floor. Vote for G BlingBling
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2006, 9:08 AM Reply   
I feel sorry for little G-blingbling, I really do. I bet he's seen the tubers on your lake and thought "neato, that looks like fun" (not as something to replace wakeboarding by any means, but just a change of pace), but he's too scared to get the "you're destined to drop out of high school and join the Pointless crew" lecture for the hundreth time if he even mutters the word "tubing". I thought overzealous fathers trying to live vicariously through their kids (you know, the Richard Williams of the world) were saved for baseball, football, and hockey. Ease up a little and stop trying to turn your protege into the next Tiger, Serena, or Venus of the wakeboarding world.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 9:23 AM Reply   
I am half serious.

People are entitled to do whatever they want, that is true and I have to agree with it or I am the worst kind of person. I also fully agree that letting the kids do whatever they want is important. I am not a wakeboard nazi or "core" or anything like that. It's everyone's lake and if we want good water, we get up before dawn and get our good water.

We introduced the kids to being off the rope by pulling them on a tube(gasp). Once they got comfortable out of the boat they got on the boards and we assisted them in their starts. Once they could start on their own, then they started handling the rope too. After alot of frustration and repitition, they can both do their own starts, turn with the boat, and handle mild rollers. They are starting to cut outside the wake too.

I also take them snowboarding, so I really want them to wakeboard so they are good at both and grow up doing it. If they wanted skiis, they could have them for either sport as well. I put the tube away to kind of force them to get on the rope. I know that sounds a little mean but I hate blowing that damn thing up anyway.

Maybe I am cruel for taking the tube away?? I don't know, but both of them had big smiles on their faces after progressing this weekend and that was all they talked about for days. They certainly did not act that way about the tube.

IMO-wakeboarding is more difficult than tubing, much more of a challenge, as waterskiing would be as well. I am of the stance to challenge them when they are young so they will develop the mindset and muscle memory early in life. The wakeboard presents them with a physical and mental challenge, it's a lesson in not giving up. I was not kidding about the countless circling back, but it paid big dividends. I have pulled both of them out of the water crying. I have also carried both of them down the mountain after they got jacked on the snowboard. Neither gave up though and they get better every run. i am paying it forward right now, hoping for the day they are good enough to go wake to wake and get in the early morning rotation.

Having all your friends and family in the boat and having a blast is the essence of the whole thing anyway regardless of what you are doing. Everyone has the right to do whatever makes them happy. I still don't like tubes and tubers in general, they are a bunch of S-turning, too close driving, powerturning nimrods who usually don't have a clue about boating regulations. That's a gross generalization I know, but that's how I feel about it. I see alot of idiot wakeboarders too, so I guess I just wish I was the only boat on the lake!!

Gavin is the guy in the picture, he bought this necklace from a gumball machine and started sporting it, thus the name G-blingbling. He also get's ribbed for looking like Joe-Dirt too.

Maybe I am pretty biased and am forcing my biased on the kids. But I can tell you that once they got proficient on the wakeboard there has been no mention of the tube this year at all. The tube got them on the water and it's purpose has been served. Now I can burn it and watch it die.

But yeah, do whatever you do, and keep it safe. It's first come first serve, that's why you see me coming in from the morning session when the tubers are just heading out.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Easy Jeff....I swear I have the next Great One....or maybe Patrick Roy.... He is not allowed to play in sissy sports(BB, FF, BB)....just year round ice time.....

He once ask if he could go golfing and I threw up in my mouth a little bit...

In fact, I am pretty pissed off and have been trying to get them to get rid of football, baseball, soccer fields....the grass is a waste of space where they could put ice arenas.... Everyone can run and jump, but skating takes talent...let alone doing it with your head up and a puck at the end of a stick. CHRIST....THESE GRASS KIDS ARE KILLING US.....
Upload
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 9:31 AM Reply   
Good post Flux......
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2006, 9:38 AM Reply   
agreed, well said. you're not ripping the tube from their hands, you're nudging them in, what we all know is, the correct direction

e.j. there's a happy kid if i ever saw one. we're all on the same page; i can't tell you how much i wanted to take a bat to the soccer hooligans tearing up the football field. sharing sucks...tell the kids
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 9:49 AM Reply   
Thanks EJ. Admittadly I just don't like tubing, but everyone has their thing. I still believe in the bill of rights and the pursuit of happiness.

I am sure you will agree that it is our duties as parents to try to teach our children the things we love despite them being immature. It is part of expanding their world. I would never force them to get on the boards if they did not like it. In fact, I rarely see them more excited and talkative as when we are heading to the lake or to the hill. Crap, this weekend I had to pull them out of the water so others could get a turn, they drained the gas tank too and fought constantly about who get's to go first and who rode longer etc...

I am extremely jealous that I cannot give them ice hockey as we have no rink around here. I love hockey and wish they could play, but i give them what I can and that's board sports and camping. I look forward to when they are big enough to carry a backpack so I can get them in the backcountry to camp, hike, and fish.

I certainly do not live vicariously through them,I have no dream for them other than to be happy well adjusted people who have fun and have opportunity.

(Message edited by Flux on August 03, 2006)

(Message edited by Flux on August 03, 2006)
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 9:52 AM Reply   
Here's "Duece" hanging tough on his first boat turn, he rode for miles and miles, he's the Marathon man.

duece

Here's G-money Bling Bling styling out. I hope he can translate this to the wake in a few years

G-bling

Here they are taking a break up at Mammoth.

kickinit
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       08-03-2006, 9:58 AM Reply   
When I'm on the highway going to work I expect all of you to get outta my way and take side streets........because me getting to work is far more important than you getting to work.

If you think that what you're doing is "superior" to what others like you're an idiot........If I don't like timing a jump between someones rollers I'll go somewhere they aren't.

The only person to blame for not having fun is yourselves.........rather than complaining about someone elses fun shut up and find somewhere else to ride.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 10:05 AM Reply   
Just want to make it clear, if it wasn’t…..my previous post related to my son playing hockey exclusively was a joke. As on the boat, he can do whatever he chooses. I just want him to have fun.

For some unknown reason, he has made the choice to play hockey….which is unfortunate because it causes much hate and discontent to my wallet….especially when he decided he was the next Patrick Roy….

Upload

I just thought it was a funny analogy to the wake/tube/surf thing….

P.S......three pics of J in one thread....who looks like the proud pappa....
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2006, 10:06 AM Reply   
I thought my homepage went to Wakeworld.com, not Tubeworld.com...
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2006, 10:13 AM Reply   
E.J., tell him to protect that 5-hole...whatever that means.

Brian, good analogy. Even if your job is more important or higher-paying with a better chance of advancement, you still have to weave through everyone else on the highway. Or you could wake up at 4am to find an empty highway or take an alternate, less convenient route to work.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 10:17 AM Reply   
Great pics Flux.... Love the backflip sequence.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 10:18 AM Reply   
Yes, good analogy.

Sucks just as bad when you try to dive to work and everyone is in your way as when you show up to your favorite spot to ride and there is a tube-a-thon taking place.

Luckily, tubers like to sleep in.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 10:32 AM Reply   
It was more like a back to belly flop, but we got him to tuck up a little bit and he hit itn the next time.

Your boy looks good in goal, I hope he plays for the Flyers some day so I can cheer for him!!
Old     (jcv)      Join Date: Oct 2005       08-03-2006, 10:33 AM Reply   
Or, if you're REALLY good at your job, you can build a private road (lake). One day.....
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       08-03-2006, 10:59 AM Reply   
Very true Jeff.......I think I'll be fighting to get to my spot before anyone else for ever, unless peanuts will pay for a private lake.
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-03-2006, 11:03 AM Reply   
this stuff makes me laugh so hard.

the water is there for everybody to enjoy

what's so ironic is that some people here bitch and moan about people not respecting wakeboarders, but these same people don't offer any respect to others in return.

anybody out on the water has as much right to be there as anybody else. if you have a problem with that, change your routine, driver further, or get over it.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-03-2006, 11:53 AM Reply   
Exactly to the above! I wakeboard,, ski, tube, whatever you can on a boat and I never b*itch about water being smooth or who is tearing it up. If I want smooth water I get up ass early. Some of you wakeboarders are like snowboarders in a park b*itching about all the skiers being there. If the crap was made for you than fine but it is made for everyone....... I wish i lived by some of you because i would tube just in spite of you!!!!! What came along first??? NOT WAKEBOARDING!!!! If anyone should bitc*h it should be the old schoolers out their who ski. And if you cant wakeboard on rough water practice more!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

AMEN
Old     (woohoo)      Join Date: Jun 2006       08-03-2006, 12:35 PM Reply   
Hahaha, this post is hilarious I'm laughing to the point of tears, of course everyone should be equal on the lake the people that think tubers should stay in just the rough water make me laugh the most. When I wakeboard I just go out and ride sure smooth water's much better but if the water's rough I just wait until there's a smooth patch. The point is to have fun who cares if someone thinks tubing is fun, we think it's annoying but I bet on tuberworld.com or whatever they probably say the same thing about us damn wakeboarders getting in their way and keeping them from being able to do a big s turn. Lets just have fun on the water and not worry about tubers or surfers messing up the water, if you gripe and whine about the water you make everyone your with miserable, which defeats the ultimate purpose of coming, to have fun!
Old     (richd)      Join Date: Oct 2003       08-03-2006, 12:40 PM Reply   
"3 things in life you never do...

1. ask to ride another mans Harley.
2. ask to ride another mans wife
3. tube on butter"

I'd like to add:

4. Take a couple of sets in another man's boat and then conveniently realize you forgot your wallet!}
Old     (dreevs)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-03-2006, 1:23 PM Reply   
I second number 4.
Old     (ghostrider_2)      Join Date: Aug 2004       08-03-2006, 1:57 PM Reply   
yes we should now include #4.
I agree...
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 2:12 PM Reply   
You guys defending tubers are lame, you totally contradict yourselves and look foolish." We like calm water too" If you like calm water drive a straight line! But you dont, you take off doing figure eights across the lake and do power turns but yet you like calm water.I get out to the lake at 7am and how long I stay there is dictated by tubers and pwc.ATTENTION ALL TUBERS AND PWC if you see a wakeboard boat stay the
F#!k away.If you have a wakeboard boat and are pulling a tube your lame.A tower is not designed to pull tubes in fact its the worst thing you can do along with power turning, its hell on a boat.When I get out there in the morning I stay opposite of where the fisherman are (RESPECT).Some have even thanked me.I DO NOT respect someone who has an entire lake to go on and can clearly see Im riding,but yet wants to come over to where Im riding.All this crap about right to the whole lake.OK i think Ill load my boat down and drive around in circles by tubers with about a 4 foot wall of water because thats my right.Then when I see a PWC Ill chase it trying to hit his wake. Your all freakin lame..BLA,BLA,BLA.I dont even know why you guys are on this site its Wakeworld not tube world Oh, I forgot its your right.Well this is my right F#$K tubers.Ive never heard a girl say wow you tube awesome do me.
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       08-03-2006, 2:21 PM Reply   
You're the kind of idiot most people are describing...........and if you need to be "awesome" on your board to get some action you need to work on your "game"...........tool

your right it's WAKEworld not WAKEBOARDworld.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 2:29 PM Reply   
Your on wakeworld defending tubers and Im the idiot.I got more game than Milton Bradley Biatch.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 2:30 PM Reply   
Wow you are core Duffy.... Thanks for that insight.

Some clarification. I don't think anyone said it was courteous to come into where someone was riding and tube. In fact, I don't go in an board where others are skiing or wakeboarding.

Note where the rope is on the above tubing photo that I posted. Unless you were under the assumption that I was standing on top of the tower when taking the photograph, I will let you decide where the rope was hooked.

As far as why we are on this site.... Well, I have been here about 4.5 years.....guess I just got hooked.....

If I want to be assured butter, I am up early.....before the kids get out.
Upload

Keep trying to impress the girls Duffy....
Old     (brucemac)      Join Date: Dec 2005       08-03-2006, 2:40 PM Reply   
LMAO. duffy, you are funny. i can see your maturity serves you well. good luck with that. i think you just proved my point.
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2006, 2:48 PM Reply   
So Duffy, "if I have a wakeboard boat and am pulling a tube", according to you "I am lame."

So lame is seeing the smiles on my kids faces when they are tubing.

And lame is seeing how much fun my friends are having when they get bucked off a tube...and they have no desire or ability to try wakeboarding.

Then I am lame....and proud of it.
Upload
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 2:51 PM Reply   
A tuber on wakeworld is like a wakesetter pulling a tube. Yea it makes you want to cry but, you just shake your head and try to ignore it.

(Message edited by duffy on August 03, 2006)
Old     (bstroop)      Join Date: Apr 2005 Location: Athens, Alabama       08-03-2006, 2:52 PM Reply   
Thumbs up brucemac and E.J.

Milton Bradley......Don't they make childrens toys?
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 2:58 PM Reply   
Yea I think there called tubes for ages lame to lamer.
Old     (socaldave)      Join Date: May 2002       08-03-2006, 3:05 PM Reply   
Having a $50,000+ '06 Wakesetter, and tying up with a bunch of wallys and throwing around the pigskin is "lame"....see Duffy's profile.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 3:16 PM Reply   
Yea I was waiting out all the tubers so I could go back out and ride.
Old     (deuce)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-03-2006, 3:22 PM Reply   
I think this post is the end of this discussion for me.

Everyone has an opinion and loves to share them on a message board.

I try my best to be courteous as possible on the water. I don’t go in and ride where others are riding, let alone pull a tube in there. I also have no issues with pulling the kids on the tube, or whatever else they want to ride, in the flattest water on the lake if that is where we are at and are there first. I would also have no problem with someone pulling me for a surf session in that same water…..it is not just about the kids having fun while wrecking water....

There are always going to be people on these forums who think that somehow wakeboarding is superior to tubing and since “you don’t need butter” to get pulled on a tube, they have more right to that water. It is worse than arguing politics in these threads. I think I get bored at work and jump in feet first, but never leave satisfied.

Whatever, I know who I am. I make it a priority to give kids on my boat the best time they ever had. I love when my son comes and tells me what fun everyone had….. I get much more satisfaction out of hearing that from him, than I did riding the morning butter I posted above.

To me, there is much more to owning my boat than me being on the end of a rope in butter.

Carry on.......

(Message edited by Deuce on August 03, 2006)
Old    hyperlite_m            08-03-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
yes u wakeboard in the glass in the morning and after noon jet ski and tube when ur board as hell and can't find anything else to do... or ur waiting to go back out riding and u wanna piss people off...
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 3:29 PM Reply   
In a perfect world we all get our own lake, a nice deep glassy lake of 80 degree water where the wind never blows and the boat never runs out of gas. Nobody works, we spend all day riding and never getting tired or hurt. Our GF's and wives are all rippers and the kids throw 900's switch toeside. Summer never ends and we never have to change the oil in the motor.

I have resigned myself that wakeboarding is the chase of the perfect moment. It's starts with hitting the grocery store & packing the camp boxes. then comes the boat, the clothes, the truck the kids, the haul, the launch, the setting up camp, the friday night chop session, friday dinner, go to sleep, the cell phone alarm is ringing, get everyone out of bed way too early, get the boat ready, idle out and then BAM:

AIN'T NO TUBERS IN SITE!!

yep

So remember to "teach you children well".

bobs

I am glad I talked a little rediculous smack on this post and threw some of my own views out there. I have battled every kind of pest in the endless pursuit of wake, and that includes moron wakeboard boats throwing power turns and trashing miles of good water.

To tell you the truth, I don't want to see any of you guys riding in my water unless you are on my boat. But it's a free world and hopefully we can all get our sets in and make the best of them before the water get's crappy. I will probably never own my own lake or lakehouse, and will never give up boarding, so I am resolved to beat the masses and hang on through the rollers for a couple hundred yards of clean wakeboarding.

I will exact my revenge in the afternoon by putting monster wakesurf rollers in the path of all who dare to occupy my space.

Have fun.
Old     (duffy)      Join Date: Feb 2006       08-03-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
Now you went and made me cry Im sobing like a little school girl who just lost her virginity to the football team the night before at a frat party.Seriously Bro I hear ya its about the kids.You win father of the year.That was a beautiful speech.But I still think tubers are lame.I also like to talk S#it.So be careful when you see me in these posts.Because I mostly do it just for the laughs.
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 3:34 PM Reply   
Oops, bigger. My boys know what good water is and they get their butts out of bed or miss out, plain and simple. They do have to wait until the adults are finished until they start jumping the wake, then they can get in the rotation. Another one of my dirty tricks to push them to ride better. I won't live vicariously through them, but I want them to live life to the fullest and do all the things I did better than I ever could.

/img{boborinos}
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 3:43 PM Reply   
Sorry Duffy, can't help but raving about the kids wakeboarding, you will get it someday. Alot of people turn to tubes to give their kids some fun. 90% of the tubes I see are dragging kids around. I was only trying to show an example of how to get the kids into the sport so the tubes get put in the trash.

I can talk a fair amount of smack too, and it's all about laughs for me as well.

Thanks for the "Dad of the Year" nomination. By the way, you will find that many of today's best X-games atheletes started young and were encouraged by their parents. Sean White and the Bonifay's come to mind, that canyon lake kid comes to mind as well, jeebus he can throw down. I think the Malinoski's did a pretty fine job getting their boys into the action too.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-03-2006, 3:44 PM Reply   
bottom line is, we dont own the waterways. when you own the waterways, you can make the rules. I am not a fan of tubers, but I respect their right to the water. if they are being disrespectful, or dangerous, I let them or the proper authorities know about it. (depends on the situation)
Flux - I am planning on being at BV the middle of next month. hopefully you won't mind sharing the water with one other respectful boater. stop by for a beer or soda.
Old    sking55405            08-03-2006, 3:49 PM Reply   
I live on a lake and during the day when theres 50-60 boats out on my lake at one time tubing and doing all of these things i am out there to on my jet ski and tubing with my neighbor. We go out and have fun on the tubes and jet skis and then right before the sun sets we all pile into my boat and catch the butter while everyone else eats dinner. Then we get up at 5 in the morning to catch more butter. After we crash and get hurt boarding we go back out on the tubes and jet skis to do it all over again. If im on my jet ski then i try to stay clear of the people trying to board but it makes no difference due to the extreme amounts of boats. So just go have fun and if theres no water to board on go do something else you find fun till u get the water is all im saying.
Old     (rubin)      Join Date: May 2006       08-03-2006, 3:54 PM Reply   
in the episode of Pull where they went to Parks house he must have had 10 tubes in his back yard...is parks lame?
Old     (flux)      Join Date: Jun 2003       08-03-2006, 4:09 PM Reply   
Look for the all black sante thomas and give a shout and hell no, i got no more right than the next guy, i just try to beat em to it and keep my own space.

I'll keep an eye out for your Malibu.
Old     (ttrigo)      Join Date: Dec 2004       08-03-2006, 4:15 PM Reply   
sweet. I will be the one riding at sunrise, while all the tubers are still hungover.
Old    chris_t            08-03-2006, 5:04 PM Reply   
EJ, I hope to god your son is either doing the butterfly, or he needs to get his stick flat on the ice. That glove hand should face the shooter.

Just kidding. I haven't been on the ice for like 2 months and the stress is building up.

I personally don't hate tubers, but I dislike them. My family has a tube, a few of them, but I hate it. I say that it is too easy, and people have told me that it is because I'm not good at it. WTF, how can you be good at something like tubing?

What pisses me off is this group of surfers on my lake, and the also go to the side of the lake with the butter. I don't know how it is for wakeboarding, but for kneeboarding, the chop sucks. They also follow the shoreline, and raise hell.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2006, 5:31 AM Reply   
I would just like to say we have a tubeoff every year in which we draw a very big crowd were we tie 2 tubes off the back of a boat and go for the sawyerwood cup. This has been going on for a little over 10 years now. It is fun as hell and DUFFY the chicks here are SMOKIN!! So save all the wakeboard supremacy and just have fun. NOT EVERYONE ON HERE IS A HARDCORE WAKEBOARDER AND NOR SHOULD THEY. THIS IS A SITE TO SHARE WHAT WE ALL LIKE AND THINK IS FUN NOT TO BASH WHAT OTHERS LIKE TO DO JUST BECAUSE THEY DO NOT WAKEBOARD.
Old     (ironcross25)      Join Date: Jul 2006       08-04-2006, 5:34 AM Reply   
hey duff i must have missed were you like to talk S#it for the laughs. you better watch out b/c i can talk a pretty good game.lol