Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old     (flsurflover)      Join Date: Aug 2003       01-22-2004, 6:08 AM Reply   
I'm still in the market for 90's Sport or Super Sport. Now with boat shows starting up I'm wondering if my selections will go up over the next month, since more people might want to sell their old boat to buy a new boat? OR will it just turn into more of a competitive used market since we are getting near the boating season again and a lot more people will start looking for used boats? What do you think? I'm trying to decide if I should get one of the boats I've been looking at or wait and keep looking, risking losing the ones that are out right now. Hard to wait. None of the v-drives I'm looking at are bargains but look nice.
Old    tattoobling            01-22-2004, 6:47 AM Reply   
Supply and demand. V-Drives aren't gonna be cheap because everyone wants one. As for availability, most people don't even bother to try to sell their boat until it gets a little closer to spring. So you'll probably see more boats AND more buyers, so be quick when you find what you want. Hope this helps.
Old     (kstateskier)      Join Date: May 2002       01-22-2004, 8:17 AM Reply   
I agree with Kaiser, the only people selling boats right now for the most part are promo owners trying to get an early spray date. The market will get pretty crowded come March and April, though the prices with skyrocket as well.
Old     (rodmcinnis)      Join Date: Sep 2002       01-22-2004, 1:55 PM Reply   
I would expect the market to start moving.

When I bought my last boat, I ordered it at a boat show that was held the first weekend of February. The day I signed the contract I put my existing boat up for sale. Sure didn't want (nor could I afford) to have two boats sitting in the driveway!
Old     (salty87)      Join Date: Jul 2002       01-22-2004, 2:22 PM Reply   
there's always some apprehension when you buy, there could always be a better boat and better deal out there. that feeling won't go away.

find the boat you want at a price you're comfortable with, do your homework. buy it when you find it and then enjoy it.
Old    tattoobling            01-22-2004, 2:51 PM Reply   
Salty's right. When you find what fits your needs and your price, pull the trigger. 5-10 year old inboards are still fantastic boats and during the season, there's more demand than supply.
Old     (levi)      Join Date: Feb 2001       01-22-2004, 5:57 PM Reply   
I purchased in the summer last year. I did a lot of looking so that I knew what a good price was and once I felt I knew what I wanted and what a good price was I watched. I found that if the boat came out on any of the online listings and you called even a few days after it was listed it was always sold when I called. I finally was the first to call on one and ended up w/ that one. A bunch of people called and offered on it after I said I'd take it....so depending on where you are it can be tuff to get a good deal. But it seems there is always another one out there if you are patient.