Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    nooner            01-18-2004, 3:02 PM Reply   
I picked up my 2000 SAN last month. Well I have noticed the rubber gasket that is sandwiched between the tower mounts and hull are all squeezed out. What kind of material should I use to replace this with? I have a sheet of teflon. Its about 1/16" thick. any thoughts on using this? Thanks
Old     (davidbouvier)      Join Date: Aug 2002       01-18-2004, 4:52 PM Reply   
what about getting the correct pads from the dealer? If you're second owner it may not be under warranty. If it was nerver registered with correct craft you can get them replaced under warranty. mine pushed out as well on my 02. got them replaced under warranty. I wouldn't use the teflon. that sounds like it would be too thin.
Old    nooner            01-18-2004, 5:41 PM Reply   
yea I am the 2nd owner. It was registered before too.
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-18-2004, 5:54 PM Reply   
Teflon sounds all wrong. If anything, you want the material to stick a little to mimimize lateral stresses on the hull from the bolts, which would lead to spider cracks and such.

If it's not covered under warranty and the factory pads are too expensive, you can order Sano pad from www.sanosports.com. That's exactly what CC uses, according to the dealer here in Austin, only they get it in die-cut kits.

The stuff cuts easily with a razor blade or utility knife. The stuff you want is the "flat firm rubber", the pressure sensitive adhesive backing is optional but it's nice to just stick it to the tower mount, drill out the holes, and mount the tower.

One really cool advantage of cutting your own is that you then have a bunch of the stuff left over which you can use for all sorts of stuff from no-slip deck strips to pads on the bottom of furniture.
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       01-18-2004, 7:07 PM Reply   
I wouldn't bother...that happens on nearly all the Nautique towers from 99-2001 or so. If the tower is tight, you're better off leaving it alone
Old     (monstertower)      Join Date: Mar 2003       01-19-2004, 3:48 AM Reply   
There is a lot to be said for "if it aint broke, dont fix it" as Shawn pointed out. If everything is tight and it's only a cosmetic issue then get some feedback from CC or the dealer before doing anything. See if CC has a tech support you can call to get input if it's just cosmetic or if they pads need replacing.

We use a rubber pad top and bottom and you could get a sheet of 1/8" or 3/16" rubber and cut out new pads.