Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 17, 2004

Old    crollg            01-07-2004, 12:14 PM Reply   
I am looking at buying a new Mastercraft X-10. The sales guy at my local dealer in Paso Robles CA is promising a cash back reward in three years of $10,000 just for sending in some paperwork. The program is called Cash Rewards and is part of a new sales program. Sounds like a scam to me but has anyone heard of this before? Any info would be welcome.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-07-2004, 2:31 PM Reply   
search the internet "peoples trust" it is a program that has been around for the past few years.. but i have yet to see one person actually receive any funds yet... car dealers and furniture dealers use it lots. but it has not been around long enough for the three years to see anyone that has had any experience with it. you should be able to find the rules and regs on the internet. i read through it and there are lot of things you have to pay close attnetion to... doesnt seem difficult fromt eh consumer's point of view.. but the dealer also has to make payments to the trust... if they dont.. then the trust wont pay the consumer back... so most say that reputable dealers will not offer such a program if they arent willing to make payments to the trust. i alsmot bought a truck with the same rebate as the purchase price... but didnt int he end because i found another truck.. bottom line is.. if they will dothe same price as anyone else... then buy it.. and hope that you follow the direcrections to get your rebate at the end fo three years... read carefully though.. they are very specific...

The program is based on the gamble that the consumer will not remember or not follow the directions to qualify for the rebate. The dealer is not able to remind or help you in any of the process. Nor is the Peoples Trust. You are on your own.

Hope this helps... but search yahoo.com
Old     (ktm250)      Join Date: Jan 2003       01-08-2004, 5:25 AM Reply   
George, Kyle is pretty much on the money (pun intended).

This program is not run or operated through MasterCraft Boat Company; however, it was presented as a new and viable incentive program at the dealer meeting. Once the paperwork is filled out the dealership has NOTHING more to do with it. There are attorneys involved and the money is held in trust at B of A. You must meet all the requirements to the letter…(including filing for your rebate by certified mail) to receive the rebate. This program is no different than any other rebate offered by ANY manufacturer…a certain amount of money will be deposited in your name at the conclusion of the sale, it will gain interest while it sits for three years. That combined with the time proven fact that over 80% of all rebates go unclaimed (plus those that do not file on time or properly) will guarantee your payment. The company is insured and all the money is protected if they should go out of business (the federal government monitors this stuff…you know interstate commerce and all). The other side of this is that all remaining unclaimed funds are donated to charity. Car dealers out west have been using this program with success and it is now moving into the boating industry.

I can assure you that there is nothing shady about it, just another incentive device to help close the sale and perhaps when you get your check drive you to purchase another MasterCraft. Hope this helps and good luck!
Old     (offdapeggs)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-19-2004, 7:26 AM Reply   
George,
I posted a long message about this whole thing, then read it and thought I had better delete it.
email me and I will tell you what is up with this, the attorney general of Oklahoma sent a letter warning motor vehicle dealers to not participate in this program... in my business I have had my dealers participate in this and I do know the real story.... DON"T DO Anything until someone talks to you about the terms and conditions and the fact that if they don't pay what recourse options you have