Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 20, 2009

Old     (zanezibar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-07-2009, 9:23 AM Reply   
Recently I have been doing switch frontside 3's with out passing the handle because it helps me get a grab on the trick. The problem is when I come down wrapped I can only land one out of every four attempts. Do you guys have any advice for sticking blind landing?
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2009, 10:09 AM Reply   
Toeside I would Assume????/

Landing wrapped is a bit of trick the first 700 or so times you try it. Really you wanna focus on getting your Chest over your Toes. Land bent kneed and keep the handle in tight to the small of your back. I would suggest trying a bunch of inside out BS HS 180 or do them out in the flats, Ollie BS 180 style this will really get you used to landing the propert position. Once you get it down and start sticking that Switch TS 3, then you can start blasting HS BS 180 20 feet in to the flats!

Hope this helps a bit, good luck.
Old     (sidekicknicholas)      Join Date: Mar 2007       08-07-2009, 10:14 AM Reply   
Just do a ton ton ton of regular inside out backside 180's.... it is the same landing as a switch front 3, so then after you have done like 100 of those that landing motion is stuck into your head.

Also do not bring your head around like you would for a heel front 3... you want to spin but look back, if you bring your head around and through you'll want to keep rotating and fall over your toes.
Old     (zanezibar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-07-2009, 10:36 AM Reply   
its actually a switch heelside front three.

I can take my HS BS 1's pretty big but i also get the classic nose dive which. Thats a good idea practicing the back 1's in the flats i can see that helping a lot.

thanks for the tips
Old     (brhanley)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-07-2009, 10:51 AM Reply   
First, not passing on a heel front 3 is not "blind." Second, I've done a few unintentionally on toe b/s 1's (same landing...rope wrapped around your body all weird). I would imagine if you wanted to get it consistent, the same advice above would apply. Do it in the flats/inside-out and get it dialed. Good luck, sounds sick.
Old     (johnm_ttu)      Join Date: Jul 2005       08-07-2009, 10:58 AM Reply   
Just get the late pass right as you land. I would only land it wrapped if you really really want to. It does add some unique aspect to the style because you don't see many riders do this, but it makes it more difficult to get the five and it is really hard to land wrapped if you overshoot the 2nd wake.

None the less if you want to land it wrapped I find that spinning very late helps. You also have to break at the waist so that the rope can go over your back. I always feel like my shoulder is going to pop out when I do this trick.
Old     (zanezibar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-07-2009, 11:52 AM Reply   
yeah sorry its not to blind i am terrible at these terms but i am learning slowly

my buddies are saying it looks cool so I think i will keep trying to land wrapped even though it might be less consistent
Old     (andy_nintzel)      Join Date: Sep 2004 Location: Minnesnowda       08-07-2009, 1:33 PM Reply   
Zane,

Its a cool way to land a HS 3 without Passing, Lyman is a Master at it. I would suggest just trying over and over again. When you land like this, as you know, the rope is going to want to make your hips shift in the direction your wrapped. This will make you hook up the toe edge. For me Landing a HS 3 wrapped is easiest if I do it wake to wake. Good lukc its a tricky one.
Old     (zanezibar)      Join Date: Nov 2008       08-07-2009, 2:55 PM Reply   
Thanks Andy