Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through September 20, 2005

Old     (99xstar)      Join Date: Aug 2005       09-02-2005, 11:08 AM Reply   
I ride the 04' Parks 138 and love it. I do feel kind of alone on this one and am wondering what that's all about. I've ridden a good variety of boards and haven't found another like mine. Who likes/dislikes the Parks board?
Old     (kingskrew)      Join Date: May 2004       09-02-2005, 12:45 PM Reply   
I recently got an '05 140, and after pulling the 1.1" fins off for .7"s, its great. The 'abrupt' 3-stage took some getting used to, especially after riding for years with a continuous rocker. I think that board with the 1.1's is kind of hard to ride, moving to the .7's made a world of difference, a bit looser and easier to manipulate.

-Steve
Old    jws            09-02-2005, 1:47 PM Reply   
I have a 138 with the 1.5's and I just felt it was not near loose enough for me.... but I still enjoy riding it from time to time.
Old     (joshugan)      Join Date: Apr 2005       09-02-2005, 3:49 PM Reply   
I love my '03 138 but hate the '05, (no offense Steve) it's about personal preference. A lot of "Core" people (you know, the guys that say raleys are gay tricks) seem to knock this board hard and I actually bought what they said about it "bucking like a mule" and being out of control unless you're Parks. I finally demoed one a few years ago and was completely amazed by it. It felt to me like the board did all the work for me. I ride behind my decently weighted SN 2001 and I equated riding the Parks to getting the pop I got behind my friend's SAN. I've been on dozens of boards and hands down I like the Parks by far the best.

As for the complaint that this board is so lousy for beginners. Well maybe some but I have a friend who's been about five times, two times ago was his first time on the Parks and he was eating it hard. Last time he also rode the Parks and went wake to wake for the first time ever and did it three times in a row.

Hooray for the Parks!
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-02-2005, 3:58 PM Reply   
before the roam came out i used to swear by the parks. rode it finless. there is no other board like it.
Old    jws            09-02-2005, 4:29 PM Reply   
I had a couple people suggest that! I should give it a try!
Old     (wakeriderixi)      Join Date: Jan 2004       09-02-2005, 4:46 PM Reply   
same with the murray and 3ds...... gotta but the smaller fins on....... rides soooooo much better/
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-02-2005, 6:28 PM Reply   
i think that the board should come with .7s on it instead of the 1.1s. i cant tell you how many people have ridden the board with the stock fins and hated it. then come out with me and i told them to try it with the .7s and they loved it right away.
Old    drew_a6            09-02-2005, 8:40 PM Reply   
many people hate the parks...I absolutly love it
Different strokes for different folks.
i love the way it lands...excellent
Old    clubjoeskier            09-03-2005, 6:44 AM Reply   
Once I learned to get up, I bought a Parks 143...I thought it was great, because it offered the stability I lacked. An unforgiving board, but very responsive. I ride an 02 Premier now...
Old     (bradenb12)      Join Date: Jul 2005       09-06-2005, 8:14 PM Reply   
I have the 04' 138 DNA and love it.
Old     (off_axis_5)      Join Date: Feb 2005       09-06-2005, 8:18 PM Reply   
heaps of people over here in aus hate the parks but it's all to do with how you ride. I've got an 04 133 and love it. especially off double ups. Boost!
Old     (buzz_grande)      Join Date: Mar 2004       09-06-2005, 8:38 PM Reply   
I have the 04 138 and love it. I am also looking at getting the .7 fins though. Tough to slide with the 1.1's. Just about kill myself. Fun board though.
Old     (denystaucd)      Join Date: Feb 2003       09-07-2005, 11:06 AM Reply   
I have an 03 138 dna and haven't found a board equal to it. But my buddy tried it and hated riding it, but he got at least an extra foot of pop. I think its to fast on edge for most people.... I also hate the 1.2 fins the board is to stuck in the water I'm gonna go get .7 tonight......
Old    aceofspades            09-07-2005, 8:24 PM Reply   
I think i am gonna get an '04 138 for cheap off a buddy I rode it a couple of times and landed my 1st w2w with it.