Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through March 18, 2009

Old     (jfisher03)      Join Date: May 2008       06-15-2008, 7:59 PM Reply   
These speakers sound fantastic. i just got a pair this friday and was very pleased. BUT... i had to take the housing off the speaker to get to some bolts that were loose from the factory. It took me two days to finally get the housing on straight with the speaker. Has to be the most aggrivating thing i have tried to do!
Old     (tanderson)      Join Date: Jun 2008       06-19-2008, 1:47 PM Reply   
I'm looking at the same speakers right now myself. What amp did you use to push these.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2008, 1:57 PM Reply   
Roswell makes some very asthetically apealling items with very creative designs, but their quality is terrible IMO. From racks to speakers. For the price you pay I would expect alot better.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2008, 2:36 PM Reply   
Hey TJ, I was using a Fosgate 3002, 75rms to each speaker and it seemed to do the job.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2008, 2:40 PM Reply   
BTW, in my dealings with Roswell I found there costomer support to be EXCELLENT!! So if you do have a problem I have no dought they would do whatever is needed to take care of it for you.
Old     (jfisher03)      Join Date: May 2008       06-19-2008, 4:18 PM Reply   
I used phoenix golds 250 watt amp. Does a good job. If i ever decided to add a sub i would have to get another amp though. Rosswell said that amp is made specifically for the vamp series speakers. And as for the customer service it was good they said they would send me a whole other speaker if i kept having problems with it.
Old     (bkoz)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-19-2008, 5:00 PM Reply   
Whatever amp you do get make sure its 2 ohm stable.
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-20-2008, 7:20 AM Reply   
Service is great but there product is garbage. My time is worth $$$$. It sucks having to waste time dealing with issues that designers should have figured out in testing.
Old     (jfisher03)      Join Date: May 2008       06-20-2008, 8:32 AM Reply   
hey sam i seen where you were talking about roswells racks and how theyre design is not that good either. what has been your issue with the racks?
Old     (wake1823)      Join Date: Dec 2005       06-20-2008, 8:49 AM Reply   
first off the racks are made of polished aluminum, dont hold up for crap in the elements. For the price they should be anodized. The new design on the swivels was bad...they break and will swing loose. The bungee clips were made of cheap metal and will break. But GREAT customer service, just a hassle. Their stuff looks really good.

Don'tt know all the details but they are parting ways with skier's choice...I can only hope skier's choice new OEM steps up.
Old     (roswell_wakeair)      Join Date: Aug 2005       06-20-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
Sam,

I have been following this post and it seems like you have had an issue with some of our products. I would like to know if you have had any communication with anyone here and what was done about the issue for you? Please feel free to e-mail me directly at marc@roswellwakeair.com or call 780-962-0868 ext 234.

To address your concerns specifically polished aluminum was the preferred finish chosen by our customer- We tested and looked at anodized racks but the finish was not what they were looking for. The polished finish can be kept up with regular maintenance and a decided advantage is the ability to restore the finish to brand new with a good aluminum polish.

Swivels- We are offering our customers the ability to trade in their swivels for our S.I. version at no cost. Customers can contact their dealer and we will gladly get new S.I. swivels adapted for the Supra rack out.

There were a few runs of clips that were made with a lower grade aluminum and as soon as this was determined we immediately switched to stainless steel across the line. I have these clips in stock and if you are experiencing any issues I would like to help you resolve them as part of our ongoing commitment to work with our customers.

We try and work with our customers whenever possible to resolve any issue they are having. I am very aware that your time is valuable and I can ensure you we strive to make our customers time on the water worry free. As with any company or product we do have issues that arise and from time to time they are not something we have seen through our testing. We need and value feedback from customers to #1 - fix the issue for them and others with the product and #2 – to design and develop better products in the future.

I would value your feedback and I hope other wakeworlder’s can attest to the fact that we do our best to work with our customers to resolve any issues they may have.

Justin,

Thanks for your support- I have forwarded your feedback throughout our company and our design and QC departments are both looking into this issue immediately.

To help clarify the AMP issue we recently had the head international sales guy from Phoenix Gold up here at Roswell and Justin you are correct- The RSD 250.2 amp is the recommended amp for the Vamp Spins. They are wired internally in series and therefore, as Byron eluded to, operating at 2 ohms. One of the major reasons we went with Phoenix Gold, besides the incredible clarity of their RSD line, was their reputation for making some of the world’s best amplifiers and I was personally assured by the rep from PG that your amp and all the amps we offer from them are exceptional performers at 2 ohms.
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2008, 8:16 AM Reply   
I have been very impressed with the level of customer service Roswell has given, they have gone above and beyond my expectations. Thanks again for all your help Mark!

Living on a lake, I would have also liked to see an anodized version of the rack. While the polished gives you the pseudo chrome look, all my anodized pieces hold up much better in the elements with zero maint.
Old     (tj_in_kc)      Join Date: Jan 2008       06-23-2008, 8:35 AM Reply   
Why would you mess with Roswell if they have all these issues when there is Wetsounds and Skylon available for speakers and racks?

Just curious. Are they more economical?

(Message edited by tj_in_kc on June 23, 2008)
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       06-23-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
^^^^Roswell is OEM on skier's choice.
Old     (jfisher03)      Join Date: May 2008       06-23-2008, 10:04 AM Reply   
My problem with my speakers was not really an issue to me. I have heard and seen wetsounds and to me they just look kind of tacky being so big and everything. plus they are twice the cost of the roswell speakers. Yes they are loud but i still dont like the way they look. The roswell speakers use good quality speakers, look symetrical on a tower as far as size, and most importantly to me are unique. i have only had mine for two weeks now and have had plenty of compliments on how they sound and as well as how they look. My only issue was that some bolts were loose from the factory which could have been an honest mistake on top of the fact i have horrible luck, and when i took the speaker off the housing it was just a pain getting all the holes to line back up for the screws while maintaining the gasket is sealed and making sure the wires arent tangled up. Overall besides this i have been very pleased with roswell.