Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through October 07, 2003

Old    hyperryd            08-23-2003, 9:04 AM Reply   
Here are a few pics of my new '04 B-52. I got the boat on Wed. The graphics and wheels are done and the stereo goes in this weekend.

Old     (west)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-23-2003, 9:25 AM Reply   
Thats pretty tight man....very different.I don't watch much nascar but when I do, I always pull for the 8 car.
Old    nick360            08-23-2003, 9:37 AM Reply   
Sweet, John. I'm sure you'll catch some flack for doing the NASCAR thing, but major props for doing something very different and unique.

Congrats on the new boat! Very cool graphics.
Old     (bazel)      Join Date: Oct 2001       08-23-2003, 8:53 PM Reply   
That is different, but very cool!! Is there any possible issues with Earnharts name on the back??
Old    hyperryd            08-23-2003, 9:09 PM Reply   
I'm not making any money off of the boat and I'm only making one, so I don't think Dale will have any problems. If he wants to he can go for a ride anytime he is in California. I might even let him drive!

(Message edited by hyperryd on August 23, 2003)
Old    dbdynsty25            08-23-2003, 11:43 PM Reply   
That is a sick boat.
Old    mmj420            08-24-2003, 1:11 PM Reply   
that is the lamest f%$ckin thing i have ever seen
did you notice that not only is it ugly....it is a b-52....which means the wake sucks ....nice choice dude....

DOES IT ONLY TURN LEFT ?

suckers!
Old     (socalwakepunk)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-24-2003, 1:39 PM Reply   
Although I'm not really into the NASCAR thing, That is a really cool boat. I've always liked the MB boats, great workmanship, style. Real curious to ride behind one.

Mark, did you have to take a few classes, or does being an arse come naturally to you?

(Message edited by socalwakepunk on August 24, 2003)
Old    mmj420            08-24-2003, 2:54 PM Reply   
it comes naturally

opportunity was knockin'

p.s. I am personally familiar w/ mb sports, their products, and their sh&tty a$$ wake

more weight = boat that won't freakin plane
Old    hyperryd            08-24-2003, 3:33 PM Reply   
Have you ridden behind an '04 with a two speed tranny and has a new hull design? I doubt it. You talk before you know what you are talking about. What boat do you own?
Old    mmj420            08-24-2003, 3:38 PM Reply   
yes, i have .....ridden behind 04, not-so-new hull design
cutting some notches in the hull and patching in deadrise at the transom does not cut it ....the two speed tranny is cool
make sure to pick up a wakeskate as you will not need as much wake for that
Old    hyperryd            08-24-2003, 3:45 PM Reply   
And you own what?
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       08-24-2003, 8:29 PM Reply   
hey mark. thanks for expressing your opinion. you must ride behind a boat from the future cuz ur standards exceed the present by quite a bit. oh im sorry did i use words that ur stoner a$$ cant understand. i bet you cant even ride well enough to tell the difference between a big wake and a small wake to begin with.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-25-2003, 5:30 AM Reply   
John...very sweet!
The checkered pattern in the vinyl totally sells the look. Congrats on the new boat! Post the stereo pics when you get-em...I'm curious to see what kinda speaker set-up you picked for the tower.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2003, 7:08 AM Reply   
Ummmm, Yeah. Nice boat. Uhhhhh, why would somebody do that to their boat? I mean.... Why?

Is that a mullet only boat? Take some pictures of the chick mullets. Everyone loves the rare sighting of a good chick mullet.

You did a good job on the boat and all, but why nascar... Don't answer that, I wouldn't understand anyway.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-25-2003, 8:39 AM Reply   
C:
What kinda boat are you gonna get when you grow up? Will you get daddy's boat and call it a "Tech-star" and then fill it with your geeky friends?
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2003, 8:57 AM Reply   
Ha ha ha ha ha ha. You got me.... Ha ha ha ha ha.
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-25-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
all in good fun...
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2003, 9:52 AM Reply   
Here's one for ya
Old     (jarrod)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 10:23 AM Reply   
you have way too much extra time.
Old     (chrzanowski5)      Join Date: Aug 2002       08-25-2003, 10:35 AM Reply   
Root ... nice work dude.
Old     (cadmanic)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2003, 10:59 AM Reply   
Busted a gut on that last pic. Love the baby mullet.

Love the name, could do without the Earnhardt stuff, but hey, it's your boat. Now you just got to keep an eye out for Gordon fans trying to run you into the shore.
Old    whitechocolate            08-25-2003, 11:06 AM Reply   
Come on People, "Where is the Love" I also had to laugh at the Mullets in the boat! that shizz is funny.
Old    rdierolf            08-25-2003, 11:08 AM Reply   
why is nascar your theme for a wakeboard boat
Old     (colorider)      Join Date: Jun 2001       08-25-2003, 11:19 AM Reply   
I have to give you props on the attention to detail on the boat. All the way down to the trailer tires.. I do have a few comments. The black in the interior is going to be hotter then heck and burn whoever sits on it. Are the trailer tires rated for trailer use and the propper weight? Also, did you think about the fact that when you want to sell the boat it is going to be a total pain. Hard enough to sell a used boat, and now you have to find that very specific wakeboarding nascar fan. Again, the boat looks great for those die hard nascar fans. Would be a great show boat to tour around to nascar events with.
Old    awlang            08-25-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
You will have no problem selling that boat!! Send it to Noth Carolina!! They would love it!! Very creative.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 12:09 PM Reply   
My next boat is going to have a General Lee theme, yep old orange number 13. yeeeeehaaaaaaa
I could use moon shine as ballast yipeeeeeee!!!
All I need are some ladies with Daisey Dukes on. Hey that couldn't be all bad!!!

Hey you should post your boat on Hotboats.com errrr I mean mullet.com, they will seriously love it!!
Old     (salmon_tacos)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-25-2003, 12:17 PM Reply   
Isn't the number 01 on the General Lee?
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 12:35 PM Reply   
hmmmm Maybe you right, I could have sworn it was 13 though, but it's been a while. LOLOLOL
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       08-25-2003, 12:51 PM Reply   
Now all you need is a promotional Dale Earnhart NASCAR board that hyperlite pressed and you will be the man
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 12:52 PM Reply   
You right here we go, now that would be a sweet boat!
Old     (seattle)      Join Date: Mar 2002       08-25-2003, 1:07 PM Reply   
Jonathan,

How can you flip shizzle at a NASCAR themed boat when yours looks like it should have a pest control advertisement on the side.

Tige must have bought the rites for that color from the makers of "Slime". Red, black, and lime...suuuure that's attractive.

If the guy wants to put a giant picture of his dog on the boat it's his business. I don't know a thing about NASCAR but I applaud him for his inventive thinking. At least he doesn't have a giant manufactures sticker on it.
Old     (rock_n_boardin)      Join Date: May 2003       08-25-2003, 1:51 PM Reply   
LOL I don't think I ever put down his boat scheme in my post.
And I was serious about posting it on Hotboats.com, they would love it, as would a lot of people on WW too. My mullet comment was not directed to his boat, but to the site mentioned in my post. I actually think his boat is prety cool.

As far as the color on my boat, I hope Tige' did buy the "rites" to it, because I love it.

"At least he doesn't have a giant manufactures sticker on it."

You must be refering to the one on your boat.

Should have known a NASCAR fanatic would take my comments wrong.

seeya

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 25, 2003)

(Message edited by rock_n_boardin on August 25, 2003)
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-25-2003, 3:02 PM Reply   
our boat is all black with some red. we call him kit......

because he is the knight rider......

"hello michael"
Old    mmj420            08-25-2003, 6:54 PM Reply   
that mullet picture is the funniest thing i have seen in a long while ....make sure to check out the boat graphics and resale thread, this john guy goes off on me further in that thread

seriously dude, if i saw you at the boat ramp i would keep my mouth shut but you posted your ugly pictures of your ugly boat on a message board ...so let 'er rip, right?

as far as boats from the future? i ride behind an x star (2025 model) and a super air (that is only a 2019)...they run on banana peels and can time travel ......

i'm not sure if any of you guys have ever checked one out but an x2 or a super air with 2000 lbs of sacs and ballast has a wake almost up to my waist...and i am not short
Old    hyperryd            08-25-2003, 8:00 PM Reply   
Hey everybody loosen up. They are just a bunch of stickers. I can go back to stock tomorrow if I want. I love all of the comments, it means I am not traveling the road everyone else is.
I crack up at this, though. If I left the boat solid red, some would complain that there were no graphics and that a solid color is too much. If I got the stock B-52 graphics, some would complain that they are ugly flames. If I bought a Tige, some would complain that it isn't a SAN. I'm not even a huge NASCAR fan, but I thought a Little E graphic would be fun to have for a while and I can always change it. Everybody who has seen the boat in person has loved it. People go out of their way to wave, honk, and show how much they like it. The look and smiles on little kids faces alone are enough to take all of this abuse from the kids on this board most of which don't own a boat(not Daddy's or friends). I would just like to see people be a little more creative with their boats other than just tower accesories and killer systems, although those are cool too.
Old    behrfoot            08-25-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
Damn straight, John. F#@* 'em if they don't like it!
Old     (mvda)      Join Date: Dec 2002       08-26-2003, 11:51 AM Reply   
The boat rocks John. Don't go peeling off those stickers! It's cool you have a boat with some personality. Also, I've ridden behind a loaded MB a couple times and had no issues with the wake. The 2-speed transmission is great. I bet you'll see MB licensing that to a lot of manufacturers in the next couple seasons.
Old    mmj420            08-26-2003, 12:31 PM Reply   
actually, mb will not be "licensing" the two speed tranny to anyone because their exclusive agreement expires very soon ...mb did not invent two speed, they just had the idea to put in wakeboard boat... which was a good idea
Old    hyperryd            08-26-2003, 9:48 PM Reply   
Excuse me but,}CC didn't invent the boat tower they were the first to use if for a watersports application. PATENT! Tige' didn't invent the trim tab/cavitation plate, they were the first to use a guage and call it an adjustable hull. PATENT! With the right spin and good lawyers you would be suprised what can happen. The first two speed, shift on the fly V-drive for watersports applications. PATENT-PENDING, maybe???
Old     (mattbob)      Join Date: Jan 2003       08-27-2003, 9:54 AM Reply   
When your ready to sell I'll take it.
I was just down at Bristol last weekend to watch the race.
I'm not a nascar fan, I just got free tickets. Best event I have ever attended and I plan to go next year.
The guys getting on you are most likely just a bunch of thug wakeboarders. They think they own the sport.
Mark 420 needs to learn some manners. What a pus. He even admits that he would be afraid to say something to your face but he'll sure make an ass of himself on the internet.
Old    mmj420            08-27-2003, 4:26 PM Reply   
matt: i did not "admit" that i would be afraid to say anything, i indicated that i would not offer my opinion unsolicited. By posting his creation on the message board i felt he was definitely asking for feedback, especially after the responses he got. I f i saw him at the boat ramp and he said over a bullhorn " hey everybody, check out my boat, tell me what you think, check out every detail ! " i would have the same response as i had on this msg. board. As far as being a thug wakeboarder....i do not know what that means....I am glad you enjoyed the bristol race.....as far as buying this guys boat....really? have you ever ridden behind one ? does anyone care about WAKEboarding ?
Old    nick360            08-27-2003, 6:29 PM Reply   
Mark,

What is your problem with the boat? Is it the Dale Jr./NASCAR graphics...or is it the fact that it is an MB Sports? I'm getting confused.

You slam on the graphics: "that is the lamest f%$ckin thing i have ever seen". Then say "how about light grey hull, blue stripe and white vinyl.....everyone will still know you are a pimp!" Well, not really. The guy in that boat may be a pimp, but more than likely, he's a 50 yr. old guy who went to buy a Sea Ray and ended up w/ an inboard because it was the cool thing to own or to get his kids to shut up.

Unfortunately, I think your opinion seems to be overshadowed by your apparent hatred for MB: "did you notice that not only is it ugly....it is a b-52....which means the wake sucks" & "I am personally familiar w/ mb sports, their products, and their sh&tty a$$ wake". But then you mention that "up until recently I was employed as a sales person for a store that dealt with mb sports". I hate to say it man, but you sound more like a disgruntled ex-employee than an individual with an educated opinion.

And btw, how do you knock on his Sh&tty A$$ wake, then say "my boat is not that good for wakeboarding" & "my boat will not even plane when weighted with more than three fat sacs and some people. the reason is because it was designed for slalom skiing and 3 event type activity. we ran for a year with only a little weight and a tiny pinner wake"

Your opinion may be totally valid and you certainly have the right to it, but if you were a little more calm, rational and mature with your posts, someone might take you seriously. Of course, all of this is just my opinion. Oh, yeah, and using 420 in your name always demands respect.
Old    hyperryd            08-27-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
Nick360:Thanks, I think. I don't know what this guy has against me, but oh well. But, I am not 50. I am 33 with one kid on the way. I had a nice Tige closed bow before this boat. (See Pic) I wanted a bigger boat and wake. The MB dealer in my town is about the best you could ever want. They always treated me right even when they didn't sell Tige. I liked the MB and I really liked the dealer.

(Message edited by hyperryd on August 27, 2003)
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       08-27-2003, 9:23 PM Reply   
nick360 (nick360),

you summed that up pretty well, i dont think anyone can have a come back after that.
Old     (midwesty)      Join Date: Aug 2003       08-27-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
hypperyd...

how does that truck do at the ramp?
Old    obayb            08-27-2003, 9:58 PM Reply   
john boat looks good!!you could make alot of money if you took it to the nascar events people would go crazy for a boat like that.who cares what other people think I like it.
Old     (columbiatch)      Join Date: Oct 2002       08-27-2003, 11:11 PM Reply   
I like it. Nice job John. I'm not a real NASCAR fan but I like to see someone really put effort into their passions. Fantastic attention to detail
Old     (h20jnky)      Join Date: Mar 2003       08-28-2003, 12:20 AM Reply   
i am assuming the tige sold? i kept seeing it everywhere: flipsell, trader, here.... that boat looked pretty pimp with the decals... i think you may have told us before but did you make those or have them made? if so where and how much....?

congrats on the mb mate!
Old    mmj420            08-28-2003, 6:00 PM Reply   
nick 360
i really never worry too much about being taken seriously on an internet message board

i typed in a response to someone showing off their boat ......i did not know it was going to affect my life sooooooo much ...i mean...i can't even get a job anymore after my irrational, fly-off-the-handle post...yes, i was a little disgruntled at work....they were asking me to take almost $50k of peoples money in exchange for "a wakeboard boat" that really was no better to wakeboard behind than my prostar 190....but now that i don't have to do that, i am no longer disgruntled
Old     (tktige)      Join Date: Aug 2003       09-02-2003, 7:15 AM Reply   
Does MB make a Dick Trickle version, I want one.

I think the Mullets add a little flava to the boat maybe accenting the "You all" in those "tires".
Does it come with rod holders and what is a good
trolling speed?
Old    wicomico            09-02-2003, 9:47 AM Reply   
i don't know the idiosynchrisies of MB boats, i have my opinions on graphics- i prefer less-is-more. john, whatever floats your boat-roll w/ it. i just wanted to thank you guys, especially mark for helping me eek my way through each crappy day at this crappy internship. keep on truckin.
Old    wicomico            09-02-2003, 9:48 AM Reply   
and also, i like xstars, maristars etc, but i would certainly take that MB w/ graphics of my naked mother on it to avoid going out on the 18' boston whaler w/ a 3' "tower"... what a waste of my life...
Old    mmj420            09-03-2003, 5:53 PM Reply   
Will,
thanx for the support...i too get a little bored at work ...until I see posts like this and my bad attitude mixes with my opinionated mind and WHAM ! ....
as far as your whaler....my friend has an 18' montauk w/ 175 evinrude ....i have ridden and will continue to ride behind that boat on occassion....as far as trading the whaler for the naked mom b-52....don't do it.....first of all, the whaler wake is 85% of the fully weighted mb wake .....second of all, you have naked pics of your mom ?.....j.k.....

p.s. the only real reason i replied was to get this stupid thread back to the top of the board
hahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahahah
Old     (tcaton)      Join Date: Sep 2002       09-03-2003, 6:30 PM Reply   
Mark, Why do you hate MB? I own one and have had several people say they love the wake it makes. You are the only one I have heard complain about there wake and since you said you used to work at a place that sold them I can only think you got fired and now you hate MB I think you need to grow up.
Old    shaggydan22            09-03-2003, 7:31 PM Reply   
tom - i'm not a fan of the b-52 wake.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-03-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
I think the boat looks great! But I do live in NC! We see NASCAR stuff all the time around here so it doesn't look that out of place to me. Maybe in CA but not here.
Old    hyperryd            09-03-2003, 9:02 PM Reply   
I think I will just change the name of this thread to: "If you don't own a boat, or it is a POS, please bash on my new boat" Which by the way puts up one he11 of a wake.
Old    mike_rennie            09-03-2003, 10:18 PM Reply   
I am not a big fan of NASCAR, but I would love to have a boat like that. It was a very creative idea I love the name "BOARDWIESIER" that is too cool. Why is everyone hating on the guy cause he has an orignal idea. I think it's alot better than having a boat that looks like everyone elses. I'll bet he will never pass someone on the lake with a boat like his. John I think your boat is awesome, it's just amazing how many people can't appriciate a little creativity. If something is different than they would do it than it is a dumb idea, but what can you do. Hope you have a great time with your boat and thanks for posting the pictures of such an orignal boat.................Hey,you should get one of those NASCAR Edition Hyperlite Boards to match your boat, that would really finish it off.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       09-04-2003, 10:58 AM Reply   
John, you sound a bit frustrated. If you like your boat then why would you care what others think and/or say. If what others think is a big deal to you then NASCAR was probably not a great design choice.

Honestly, did you expect all positive reviews of a Nascar styled wakeboard boat? The good comes with the bad. Take a deep breath and count to 10. Everything will be okay.
Old    whitechocolate            09-04-2003, 11:21 AM Reply   
Good Advice Root and every one else with Positive Vibe", When I saw people talking "crap" I thought the same as John" all these dumb ass kids talking shizzle and 1/2 dont even own a boat, "Like you shouldn't be aple to post unless you have something good if not better, (I know thats a Joke) But what Root said is right Here, on W/W or the web people feel like they have the duty to be brutaly honest , and take pleasuer in trying to be a fly in your drink,
when I posted Photos of my system I rember people saying yea that's cool but you lost storage Bla Bla, and when my friend got his Big Ass Tusanami People were talking shizzle about have fun at the gas pump, Bla Bla, Haters! You can't make everyone happy so F-um, take pleaseur in the Positive and people that like your set up and try to forget the ones that don't. Nuf Said
Old    wakeboardjo            09-04-2003, 11:42 AM Reply   
Well John, I don't think it looks good and I bet the wake sucks!

Come down to Tx and pick me up for a ride to prove me wrong!

Just kidding man, B52's have a sick wake and the custom....everything.....is insane. Nice boat and anyone who gets to ride behind it is D*** lucky!
Old    haterssuckcom            09-04-2003, 2:28 PM Reply   
yeah, grant's right on the money! all you haters suck!
Old    mmj420            09-04-2003, 4:55 PM Reply   
grant,

so let me get this straight.....i can't post on this site unless i own a better boat than the last poster ? ...this site is rad!.... this thread got so much more play since i have been throwing my two cents in....i am surprised john is not thanking me for getting his bitchin' ride so many looks ! until next time........
Old    mmj420            09-04-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
p.s. grant
so rootc's positive vibe was filling this guy's boat w/ a bunch of mullet headed freaks...oh sorry, that was your family
Old    whitechocolate            09-04-2003, 6:38 PM Reply   
Mark Johnson Said:
"so let me get this straight.....i can't post on this site unless i own a better boat than the last poster"

Yup That's right now shut the f" up and go back to what ever it is that you do?

P.S Im glad you read that in my post. You sound like a real smart guy. What A f"in dork Your the type of person that makes sites like this LAME. You are making my point for me, That stupid people like yourself shouldn't be alowed to post. Now Get back on the small school bus and get the F out of here.

CAN: I GET A HELL YEA !
Old     (pierce_bronkite)      Join Date: Jul 2003       09-04-2003, 7:00 PM Reply   
HELLLL YAAA!
Old    hyperryd            09-04-2003, 7:27 PM Reply   
HELL YAA!!!!
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       09-04-2003, 9:10 PM Reply   
HELL YEA!
Old    itsinthahole            09-04-2003, 9:54 PM Reply   
mark cant hear you. he's gotta take out the trash and do his homework before mommy tucks him into bed.
Old    tclagggym            09-04-2003, 11:12 PM Reply   
John, You say on your post you ride on Kaweah, I have never seen you there? When do you go? I am up there at least twice a week. Maybe you have seen the orange SAN 03, that's me. I think your boat looks fine, and your right the guys at Etco Marine are great.

Old    hyperryd            09-04-2003, 11:43 PM Reply   
I've only had the boat in the water 3 times since I got it. Kaweah, a week ago last Friday, (that's where I took the pics) and Pine Flat Labor day weekend. The week in between I was putting in the stereo system. Tomorrow we are going to a private lake in Clovis. If it sucks we will head up to PF again. There is just no water around right now.
Old    lachlantait            09-05-2003, 4:11 AM Reply   
i think marc has a valid point, i dont really like the NASCAR theme i think it looks a bit tacky for my liking but im not gonna go around dissing wakers for the fun of it.
Im sure alot of people dont like what my boat looks like, but do i care, do i care that the wake is below my knees, no...
people need to sit back and think about wakeboarding before all this sh#t about wake designed boats and think about how they done in in the late 80's and early 90's behind tinnies and waterski boats without high poles or towers and even with the directional boards it was about fun and stuffing around with mates not comparing who has the best boat.

Taity
Old    yee_haw            09-05-2003, 10:19 AM Reply   
my username speaks for itself ....
the new crossover sport is here ...nascar inspired wakeboarding .....every time i bust some phat air i just think about restrictor plates, pit stops, you know....everyone is doin it ...
go ride and quit worrying about every one seeing you IN your boat ...do something worthwhile BEHIND your boat
Old    wicomico            09-08-2003, 7:14 AM Reply   
in defense of marks bad attitude... what boat you have shouldn't matter. I ride what i can, i can probably show up some of you spoiled brats that buy 55,000 xstars so that you and your toolbox buddies can go pull sick wake to wake heelside jumps. and yes, naked pics of my mom coming soon, that'll end this thread REAL quick.
just be happy w/ boat you ride on, what you can afford, but the only thing worse than not having a good boat are the guys that have the gear and suck butt.
and again, thanks for giving me something to pass the hrs at this crappy job.
Old    mmj420            09-10-2003, 12:04 PM Reply   
amen Will, .....amen
Old    brettly            09-10-2003, 12:59 PM Reply   
Major props for doing something different that all of these rat race jukies didn't have the balls to do themselves. The boat looks tight!!
Old    wicomico            09-11-2003, 6:43 AM Reply   
and to keep this thread going. that mullet baby looks like one of my illegitimates. he's precious...
BEST PICTURE EVER.

PS- dukes of hazzard rule. long live the gen' lee and don't let boss hogg keep you down