Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    dbdynsty25            06-23-2003, 7:05 PM Reply   
Are these good boards to learn on and to progress with? I can get one for 170 bucks off a buddy of mine...is it worth it. I just started wakeboarding and I don't want to have to buy a new board in three months if this one isn't going to let me progress. I'm 5'9 200lbs so I figure its the right size. Any help would be great. Thanks.
Old     (laptom)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2003, 3:13 AM Reply   
I've started with a Rhythm 134 (only 165lbs) and it was right for me... A good board to start with and I can do 180's on it... If just upgraded the board, but sometimes I try it and still like it... I used it for 2-3 saisons.
It's a good board for you... I don't know about the price. Do some research on it..

Cheers Tommy
Old     (leinad)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-24-2003, 8:22 AM Reply   
I rode my 1999 LF Rhythm 141 yesterday with my helix long base fins. I loved it and pulled some of my best moby dicks and fives. Basically it worked great in 99 and in 03 it is still rocking.
With the smaller fin it was loose, but really fun to ride. Buy the board it is the right choice to learn on.
Makelakewake
Daniel Doud
Old     (dba4life)      Join Date: Jun 2002       06-24-2003, 8:32 AM Reply   
I started with this board. I sold it for $110 so maybe your buddy can do you a little better.

I ended up going to a Trip 143 that I liked better. That was about 3 months after getting the Rhythm.

I am 5'11' - 225 and it was good enough for my size.