Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-23-2003, 2:52 PM Reply   
We're looking for ways to make our wakeboard, wakeskate and (soon to come) wakesurfboard buyer's guides even better. Please let me know your ideas for how we can improve upon them.

Is there any information you'd like to see that we don't already feature? Are there any images you want to see that we don't already offer. Anything else clever you can come up with would be appreciated. Thanks.
Old     (jonm)      Join Date: Jan 2002       06-23-2003, 4:49 PM Reply   
When rating boards, I think a couple things could be improved. Landings, speed, and tracking ratings don't make much sense to me. When I look at a 5 it means the rider likes the speed. It doesn't tell me if its fast or slow. These three characteristics could be rated with, for example, a soft to hard, slow to fast, loose to grippy. This would be more meaningful to boarders trying to make a selection.
Old     (wakeworld)      Join Date: Jan 1997       06-23-2003, 5:04 PM Reply   
We do have the following statement at the top of the reviews:

All ratings are on a scale of 1 to 5 with 5 being the best, fastest, biggest, etc.

Perhaps we should be more specific and tell people how the rating replies to each specific question.

Thanks for the suggestion. That's a good one.
Old     (wakeeater)      Join Date: May 2002       06-23-2003, 6:19 PM Reply   
pics of side profile. and a shot of the nose
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2003, 9:55 PM Reply   
Maybe you could have a link or links to explain what things like 3-stage rocker and step down rail mean and the way different things would change a boards performance.
Old     (shutupandboard)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2003, 10:05 PM Reply   
I looked at it again and Jonathans idea is good. I would also look at the 5 as meaning the rider liked the speed not that it's fast.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-24-2003, 9:10 AM Reply   
When people review the boards it would be cool to have a link to thier profile. It helps to know a little bit about the reviewer. Don't post reviews that don't have legit text to go with them. Some people review a board just to bash and give all 1's with no reasons - this messes up the average ratings and doesn't help anyone.

It would be nice to get more reviews on the different boards - maybe some type of wakeworld incentive for giving quality board reviews.