Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    visualize            06-23-2003, 8:37 AM Reply   
I have been wakebording about 5 times. Always used the board for beginners in our Wakeclub. I want to buy a Hyperlite 2003 premier biolite 135 and Hyperlite 2003 byerly boot. Is this a ok choise or is the equipment to advanced for me.
Old    wakeboarder4lif            06-23-2003, 8:48 AM Reply   
that's a great buy and not to advanced for you at all the premier is a really easy to ride board and you will progress quickly on it. hyperlite is the way to go. have you riden a belmont yet? they ride really nice also.
Old     (rootc)      Join Date: Aug 2002       06-23-2003, 8:56 AM Reply   
The premier is a pretty good beginner board. It is sluggish ride but very steady. It does have a 3 stage rocker which will make learning to jump a little more difficult than a board with a continuous rocker like the belmont. Either way you will be happy. The byerly boots are cool; however, I passed them up this year just because I didn't want to be stuck with a pair of boots that are always breaking. As far as being a good boot to ride - sounds like you already know they are a nice confy ride.
Old    shanday            06-23-2003, 1:44 PM Reply   
I rode with a crew this weekend who had byerly boots, and they kept coming loose and they were constantly tightening them, but I have no personal experience. I ride a belmont and love it, my husband has the premier and prefers it over the byerly, but wants to take the byerly out a few more times to "conquer" it. I say good choice about the board, do a little research on the boots.
Old     (3puttwilson)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-23-2003, 2:02 PM Reply   
It's a good choice regardless of your skill level. I have the Premier 140 DNA and like it a lot.
I have just upgraded my 2000 Byerly bindings to new Belmonts. That's weird that people have had a problem with the Byerlys coming loose. That has never happened to me. Anyway, when I went from my Belmont 144 to my Premier my riding started to really improve so you will probably like your board a lot.
Old    buckshot            06-23-2003, 4:59 PM Reply   
Had my Premier for a couple weeks now and have to say I've been real happy with it. I agree with rootc, the board is a little slower. May need to increase the boat speed some to compensate. Just took the middle fins out this past weekend. Doesn't really make the board any looser, but definitely makes it more forgiving if your landings are a bit off.

I got the '03 Highbacks same time as the board. Can be a struggle to get into them, but they've got a decent amount of support, especially above the ankle.