Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old    flipside            06-19-2003, 6:29 AM Reply   
I posted this on the Find A Third/Be A Third board, but it seems that board doesn't get a lot of visits. So, I'm sorry for the repost, but I really wanna get on the water.

Anyone willing to give a beginner a few pulls for 5 gallons of premium gas?? Again, it'd be on Lake Hartwell/Keowee, SC...right near Clemson University. Pull times for me would be best on the weekends (Saturday and Sunday). But, I would be definitely willing to come out Mon, Tue, Thurs, Fri at around 6:30PM.

Thanks

FlipsidE
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-19-2003, 7:56 PM Reply   
Gotta love Lake Keowee. I live no where near there but I visit my brother in Westminster and bring my boat when I come down. Hopefully you will find someone to hook up with soon.
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-20-2003, 12:08 AM Reply   
Am i over-stepping my bounds when i say... "Big Spender" sorry had to do it
Old    flipside            06-20-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
Bob, what do u mean???? Should I get a 10 gallon gas can instead?? Maybe some extra cash too?

FlipsidE

(Message edited by flipside on June 20, 2003)
Old     (bob)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-22-2003, 9:37 PM Reply   
well actually i think most wakeboard boats are loaded down with weight and would use 5 gallons easy in two pulls maybe even 1. Also most people already have gas in their boats and would rather you give them the money then bring out a gas can which may possibly be contaminated with something, or at least thats the way i feel since i own a boat. Heres my take on the deal, offer $15-20 for a few pulls since the owner will be footing the cost for trailering to the water, insurance on the boat, maintenance on the boat, stereo equip on the boat, board racks on the boat, boat payment, etc.
Old     (eccpaint)      Join Date: Feb 2002       06-23-2003, 4:54 AM Reply   
Most people I know, hook up with new people because of similar interests. Gas money usually has no bearing on having an extra person along. But, at the same time it would impolite not to offer gas money. The boat owner would rather you offer to help with gas than him/her ask you to pitch in.