Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 12, 2006

Old    malibu73            07-08-2006, 5:48 PM Reply   
I have a set of 05 LF Omni bindings that came withmy first Board the 05 LF Flite. Recently they have started to feel really loose and ocasonaly on hard falls only one will come off. Also a friend of mine hard the lace wraped around his leg wrong and it caught on his big toe and ripped on of the rivits out on the lace hoder thing. So now im thinking I want to get a new set of binding.

What should I look for? I really like the 05 alpha. I've herd alot of people recomend the transit and factions, but i really don't know if i want to spend that much right now. I really like the 05 alpha. What do you guys think?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-08-2006, 11:04 PM Reply   
I think you need to try a bunch on.

Finding a good binding is pivitol to your riding. Here is what I look for:

1. Size: Should be tight, but shouldnt put your foot to sleep. LOOSE BINDINGS= KNEE DEATH. BEWARE

2. Toepad Comfort: Your feet should be really comfortable on takeoffs and landings

3. Foot angle: Some bindings (byerly...etc) have REALLY angualr stance to em. Just find something you like.

4. Ease of use: very important, you dont want to spend 10 minutes putting em on. I really like the Murray series for this reason, twist the boat and...done. However, Hingetech look really cool in the same fashion.

4. Quality: You want a binding that is gonna last. Sometimes the cheap stuff doesnt cut it. Make sure that it is something that looks like it would last more than a season.
Old    malibu73            07-09-2006, 6:35 AM Reply   
Thanks for the tips, the only thing is there aren't to many shops where I live. I know of two small shops, one of which only sells Hyperlight, and then boaters worlds. So I don't know how much of a varity I will have to choose from.

Is there much of a difference between the 05 and 06 alphas in size? Does anyone suggest something else I could look at around that price?
Old     (garret_s)      Join Date: Apr 2006       07-09-2006, 9:22 AM Reply   
You should try to check out the CWB Torque bindings, I have hear a lot of good about those. Go to ridecwb.com, and go to the store finder to find one in your area.
Old     (eaglejackson)      Join Date: Oct 2004       07-09-2006, 9:29 AM Reply   
Buy a pair of CWB Factions and be done with it.
Old     (gtaussie15)      Join Date: Apr 2005       07-09-2006, 11:07 PM Reply   
I would look to see if they have a hing on the back of them...