Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through May 16, 2005

Old     (mnwakerider)      Join Date: Jun 2004       05-04-2005, 7:21 PM Reply   
I just bought a fat sac for my tristar 190 and wondering where i should put it, or if i need to get something else. I am a college student so i have no cash.
any ideas?
thanks, jb
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       05-04-2005, 7:45 PM Reply   
i would start with as far back in the boat as you can get it. unless you have a bunch of people back there. then i would put it up front. if you want more weight for free, you could get some old tire weights from a tire shop, alot of times they will give you them for free. you could also use an old water bed. ice chest full of water, sand, rocks, whatever you like. use your imagination
Old     (acurtis_ttu)      Join Date: May 2004       05-05-2005, 6:49 AM Reply   
I have a PS 190...when I get lazy and don't feel like filling all my sacs, I'll just put one 650 across the back...the wake is still relatively small but it is alot more peaky.
Old    utskier            05-05-2005, 8:20 AM Reply   
Definitlely put it across the back seat, especially in a tristar. Putting it towards the front with none in the back will make your nose dip very easy. If it is a open bow, try putting industrial trash bags in the front under the seats, then filling them with water and tying them off. Ghetto but effective. Large ice chests full of ice and beer work well also, especially in college. The wake tends to get smaller by the end of the day though.
Old    260searay            05-06-2005, 2:59 AM Reply   
I found that 4 cases of bud light in the rear, one in the floor, and two in the bow really seems to work well also haha.
Old     (midwestrider)      Join Date: Apr 2002       05-06-2005, 6:08 AM Reply   
Definitely put the sack in the back, either in front of the back seat, or take the rear cushion off and put it there. The industrial strength trash bags and sand are a great idea that is very cheap. My buddy still hauls around 500 lbs of sand in double-wrapped trash bags. It looks a little ghetto, but it works and is easy to move around.

Jb