Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 21, 2003

Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-20-2003, 8:15 PM Reply   
I want to install a sound system in my new boat and the stereo shop I went to (Sounds Unlimited-in Modesto) suggested Arc Audio amps. The guy helping me said the founder of Arc Audio was one of the lead engineers from Zapco, and that the amps were good quality. Arc Audio's web site is incomplete, so I was wondering if any one has had any experience with these amps, or has heard any thing about them. I would appreciate any comments, as it seems most of you are very knowledgable on stereo equipment.
Old    xtigeman            04-20-2003, 8:16 PM Reply   
Very good amps.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-20-2003, 8:59 PM Reply   
Thanks for responding, Doug, judging by your previous posts, I can tell that you are serious about your sound equipment. So, I feel more comfortable about my future purchase. Also, they recomended Arc audio 6x9's for the tower any comments on those.
Old     (typhoon)      Join Date: Jul 2001       04-21-2003, 6:31 AM Reply   
great amps
Old    big_daddy_ben            04-21-2003, 1:41 PM Reply   
I have them, they're awesome.
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-21-2003, 6:06 PM Reply   
First off, I love my ARC Audio equipment.

Second, Sounds Unlimited in Modesto is the best shop I've ever worked with. It's been at least 10 years since I've been in there, but I've seen some of their recent work on boats, and it's killer. You can't go wrong with either of your two choices.

-Jeff
Old     (forwaken)      Join Date: Jan 2003       04-21-2003, 7:53 PM Reply   
Rob- are you talking to Jason? We are too for our 03' VLX. What is he quoting you? We are probably going to go with SoundStream amps and 6 6.5 Kove audio speakers as well as one 12. The Arc's are an upgrade from the Sound Stream, so you should be more than happy. SU seems to be the place to go now since they do more boats than cars now.
Old     (wikd281)      Join Date: May 2002       04-21-2003, 8:02 PM Reply   
How would you guys compare the PPI against the Arc audio for mids/highs.
Is the JL audio good for bass?
Thanks for any help.
Old    xtigeman            04-21-2003, 8:21 PM Reply   
Arc may be a step above. I think Arc is the Zapco, Brax type of amp class. PPI can be a little bright. I used an electronic crossover and pre-amp to bypass its filters and the PPI sounded closer to my McIntoshes then. I have only heard one Arc set-up and it was sweet.
Old     (rdiestler)      Join Date: Mar 2003       04-21-2003, 8:25 PM Reply   
Chad-Jason was off this past Saturday when visited the store, so I talked to some one else. I did not get a solid quote because my boat still has not been delivered yet. The dealership where I purchased my boat from, highly recomended Sounds Unlimited, so i just wanted to check them out. From what I gathered by talking to this guy, it is going to cost about 2k for 2 arc audio amps, a tower speaker box w/4 arc audio 6x9's, mounting brackets, a second battery, and installation. I heard Jason can give better deals so, I am planning on going back when he is working and see if I can get a better idea on pricing. What did he quote you?
Old    glueguy            04-30-2003, 7:56 AM Reply   
Geeeze, Rob. Keepin' up with you is gonna put me in the poor house.

Wax on, wax off.
Old     (tommyg)      Join Date: Apr 2002       04-30-2003, 2:17 PM Reply   
Rob, show us some pics once you pic up your rig, before and after stereo install...