Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 08, 2007

Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-03-2007, 7:23 PM Reply   
Well I'm starting to think that the riding scene in South Carolina just isn't the same as back home. I'm 3000+ miles away from my everything and I've been searching and searching for people to ride with here yet I am getting no response. I may not be the best rider, but I do know that I love to ride. Just as much as any other person on the water. I'm always down with meeting new people and just having fun but it seems that not too many people are up for that. Well should I give up or not?

I'm not looking for your sympathy people just a group that's not afraid to kick it with someone new.
Old     (jakoerber)      Join Date: Jul 2004       07-03-2007, 7:32 PM Reply   
where you at in south carolina, the scene is not huge by any circumstance, but there are a bit of riders, tons of wakeboard boats but tats just cause what the rich people like im sure they would give you ride most are nice
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-03-2007, 7:35 PM Reply   
I'm in Goose Creek. Just north of Charleston.
Old     (wakeboardlf25)      Join Date: May 2007       07-03-2007, 7:36 PM Reply   
im with u dustin...the wake scene at the lake i go to is barely existing at lake greenwood...but if u really want to find riders u have to look into lake murray or hartwell....that seems to be where most of the wake scene is in SC
Old     (njskier)      Join Date: Jul 2005       07-04-2007, 3:31 AM Reply   
Try here: www.endofropegang.com
Old    alanp            07-04-2007, 4:14 AM Reply   
i wish i had your problem.
Old     (justcoz5)      Join Date: Apr 2007       07-05-2007, 12:28 AM Reply   
the fact that this thread was even started baffles me. Are you honestly telling me, you cannot get any riders in s.carolina? are there a bunch of skirt wearing men in s.carolina? look, tell whatever freakin yahoos you hang out with, to drop their dumb ass confederate flag, strap on a pair of nuts and then strap on a board, stand up, and follow the freakin boat. I know that everyone in sc is not a coward, but i cannot believe what i am hearing
Old     (chad_chinners)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-05-2007, 2:05 PM Reply   
Dustin I'm right down the road from you and know what you mean. I have notice more and more wake boats, but I just think none of them are on this site or WBER.com. Try just going to Busy Park landing on a Sat. morning and meeting some people. From what I hear it has the most boarders around. I'll send you a PM later.
Old     (chad_chinners)      Join Date: Mar 2006       07-05-2007, 2:08 PM Reply   
Dustin is speaking the truth too. There are a Sh tton of Boozecruisers, Tubers, Jetskiers, and kneeboarders, redneck Yachtclubbers, but not many wakeboarders.
Old     (howakeboartder)      Join Date: Aug 2006       07-08-2007, 1:29 PM Reply   
But where are all the riders in the Charleston area?
Old     (leetke)      Join Date: Jul 2007       07-08-2007, 1:38 PM Reply   
I live in Charleston and hardly ever see people wakeboarding...I just took it up a couple of weeks ago. I do it ghetto style...behind my center console boat. I heard a lot of people ride up towards the lakes and Tail Race. Don't see it often in salt water...I'm usually in the Ashley. For one a nice "real" wakeboard boat probably is almost too nice for salt water.

Took me a while just to find a few people interested in trying to warrant me buying a board...love it though...it's addicting.