Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through April 04, 2003

Old    wakelvr            03-03-2003, 7:13 PM Reply   
Does anyone out there know if it is possible to place extra board racks/clips on the SAN tower? Where would they go? Could you post pics please... How do you like them, etc....
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2003, 7:19 PM Reply   
I've seen on a boss ad some board racks mounted on the grab rails mounted back by the engine bay. Looked sweet and would be really convienent to get the boards out. Not sure if you could still open the storage compartments with the racks full.
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2003, 8:24 PM Reply   
stefani, we mounted a set of www.mako.com racks on the lower back tower leg. and we have flight clips on the top... looks like it will work great.. can't try it for a few weeks thow..
Old     (south30)      Join Date: Apr 2002       03-03-2003, 8:28 PM Reply   
stefani, we mounted a set of www.mako.com racks on the lower back tower leg. and we have flight clips on the top... looks like it will work great.. can't try it for a few weeks thow..
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-03-2003, 9:19 PM Reply   
check out the Nvert racks. They worked working directly with CC on the develpment of the new rack for that specific tower

http://www.nvertsports.com/

good luck =)

Old     (pesos)      Join Date: Oct 2001 Location: Texas       03-03-2003, 9:39 PM Reply   
those look great - what's the price?
Old     (ofwc)      Join Date: Sep 2002       03-03-2003, 10:00 PM Reply   
Prior to the introduction of flight clips, I saw a lot of boats with racks mounted to the lower round bar where the "Flight Control Tower" logo is.

I belive it is 1 7/8" diameter. There are LOTS of racks that will mount on a 1 7/8" bar. If you used this location, all of your boards would sit parallel to each other.

You may want to consider buying all of your racks from the same manufacturer to maintain a consistent "look".
Old     (lzyboy)      Join Date: Jun 2001       03-03-2003, 10:27 PM Reply   
They used to have a photo of the new CC rack on the main page, before the newest update. They do have that modeL, Wes, Stef, e-mail me, I should be able to get a set for you to take a closer look at if intrested. . .

FYI: We will be raffling off a pair of Nvert racks at every GoWakin event this year!

Aaron
Old    wakelvr            03-03-2003, 10:28 PM Reply   
Hi, thanks everyone. I would consider placing the extra board racks on the lower tower bar but was concerned it may obstruct the view of the driver. Anyone have first hand experience with this?

Any pics?

Thanks again all:-)
Old     (csquared)      Join Date: Jan 2002       03-04-2003, 8:50 AM Reply   
I have racks only on the lower bar of the FCT and they aren't in the way at all. You can see them in my profile pic (they are wake design racks. Not as pretty as some of the others, but so far they are getting the job done with no problems).

I'm still looking for a good set of racks for the upper bar. The Nvert racks LOOK nice but I still haven't seen any pictures of them on a FCT, especially with the tower folded.
Old    wakelvr            03-04-2003, 9:01 AM Reply   
Shawn, that's perfect. That's exactly what I wanted to see:-)

Aaron: thanks, I'll email you soon.

Thanks everyone!