Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (seancarmichael)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-23-2010, 5:57 AM Reply   
IMO its anytime a wakeboard is ridden, If you Put on a wakeboard at the cable its not called cable boarding, if your pulled by a jetski its not called jetski boarding, or winchboarding. Here is one of the Best crossover Riders Billy Parker, Wakeboarding while being pulled by a kite. Call it what ever you want but its all wakeboarding.

from Sean Carmichael on Vimeo.

Old     (liveoz)      Join Date: May 2002       11-23-2010, 7:41 AM Reply   
The maker of the video decided he wanted to call it kiteboarding, so I am going with that
Old     (SafetyMike)      Join Date: Nov 2010       11-23-2010, 8:12 AM Reply   
Its all in the same family but if i hit up one of my bros to go out wakeboarding they would be shocked if i showed up with a kite.
Old     (seancarmichael)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-23-2010, 8:41 AM Reply   
Its True, I used to call it Kiteboarding, Untill i started wakeboarding, Now its all the same to me, I could be pulled by sled dogs and still Be jsut as happy as being behind a super air...
Old     (benjaminp)      Join Date: Nov 2008       11-23-2010, 9:02 AM Reply   
Thats like saying hockey is figureskating because they're both done on ice with skates. Or wakeboarding is snowboarding because they're both done on some form of water while strapped in to a board. Its kiteboarding. And I dont think kiteboarders would appreciate you calling it wakeboard.
Old     (seancarmichael)      Join Date: Sep 2009       11-23-2010, 9:21 AM Reply   
Hockey is Just Figure Skating with sticks, If you get pulled into a jump on a Snowmobile is it called snowmobile boarding no. its called snowboarding.Btw I Wakeboard behind the kite all the time. and i have never once resented anyone for calling it wakeboarding.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       11-23-2010, 9:34 AM Reply   
What's it called when you worry too much about what other people call a sport?
Old     (beretta5spd)      Join Date: Jan 2010       11-23-2010, 10:17 AM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by stephan View Post
What's it called when you worry too much about what other people call a sport?
it's called lame
Old     (mikejones)      Join Date: Jun 2009       11-23-2010, 11:10 AM Reply   
I know I'm gonna get smashed for this one, but I don't consider cable riding "wakeboarding", it defies the very nature of the term WAKEboarding as there is no WAKE.

Let the flaming begin! (all in fun guys)
Old     (tuneman)      Join Date: Mar 2002       11-23-2010, 11:32 AM Reply   
Since the common object with all of these sports is water, then maybe it should be called WaterBoarding.

I hear there are some guys down at Gitmo that are pretty good at it.
Old     (AbsherFilms)      Join Date: Jul 2010       11-23-2010, 5:31 PM Reply   
If I was to name it, it would be skiboarding. You can skiboard behind a kite, boat, cable, winch or whatever. You should say that you are going kiteboarding so they know whats going on. But sometimes you are riding a kiteboard made specifically for kiteboarding. So thats truely kiteboarding , but some will ride it with a skiboard. I think Im confussing myself. Call it whatever you want. The important thing is its fun.
Old     (wake77)      Join Date: Jan 2009       11-23-2010, 7:52 PM Reply   
"Now its all the same to me, I could be pulled by sled dogs and still Be jsut as happy as being behind a super air..."

Dude, you have issues
Old     (joeshmoe)      Join Date: Jan 2003       11-23-2010, 8:04 PM Reply   
are the sleddogs that are pulling the wakeboarder doggy padling?
Old     (gnarslayer)      Join Date: Sep 2008       11-23-2010, 8:47 PM Reply   
my opinion is that boat cable and winch are forms of wakeboarding... boat would be the most legit then cable then winch... i find cable and a winch alternatives to a boat and i dont bash on them because i find them both pretty fun. Kiteboarding on the other hand is not wakeboarding because it is completely different. you have to steer the kite and more. there are even brands such as Best KITEBOARDS. DIFFERENT

anyways thats my opinion and i definitely love boat riding the best
Old     (fredlap)      Join Date: Jul 2008       11-23-2010, 9:52 PM Reply   
GOOOOD CALL J-B!!! You're right! The main difference is that you got to drive this ***** in the sky! This is what I don't really like in kiteboarding. Too much for me...
I need something regular that I can forget... with a wake.
Old     (da_moose)      Join Date: Feb 2004       11-24-2010, 5:55 PM Reply   
Lets just call it like we did befor there was mags. FREE BOARDING ~LETS GO RIDE ,HOWS THAT WORK? OR JUST LETS GO HAVE FUN ?