Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 02, 2007

Old    mcnoob            05-17-2007, 11:18 AM Reply   
Hi folks. Just got my first board, a sh obrien double ender. Was wondering if its best for a noob to ride with/without fins? No doubt i missed the stickys and stuff so any help n links would be cool.
Old     (stephan)      Join Date: Nov 2002       05-17-2007, 11:51 AM Reply   
That is a very old board & has a complete lack of bottom features that would enable finless riding. It can be done, but for a beginner you are going to want a fin. Welcome to the site & the sport!
Old     (downfortheride)      Join Date: Jun 2005 Location: SLC, UT 5600'       05-17-2007, 12:18 PM Reply   
Duncan ~~ Every board rides different with and without fins. I would suggest to try it both ways and see what fits you better. When I ride wake I use the fins and my rail board don't have the fins on. I ride the Parks and that is a whole lot different that the Obrien. Good luck and welcome to the club.
Old     (innov8)      Join Date: May 2005       05-17-2007, 12:21 PM Reply   
I agree with Big Heavy.
Welcome!!
Old    mcnoob            05-18-2007, 1:18 AM Reply   
Cheers for that all. Ya i knew it was an old board (97 i think),i bought it cos it was cheap/there/and i liked the look of it.. guess it wont make a lot o difference till i clear noob status tho. Will try it once without fins just for the education, worst ways ill have have more time to rest while im waiting for the boat to come back for me!