Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through July 09, 2003

Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-17-2003, 8:04 PM Reply   
Melissa and I are driving up the coast in July and on the way back would love to ride the Delta for a day if possible. We could ride Sunday the 27th. It would be cool to meet as many people as possible up there and experience the Delta (never been).
Old    wakelvr            06-17-2003, 8:23 PM Reply   
Brian and Mel: YAHOO!!! I know that there are many of us who have been wanting to meet you guys! Will you be here the night before? Maybe we can have a little welcoming party in Disco??

Finding a pull will not be a problem. Deciding who you want to ride with might be..

Looking forward to your visit.
Old     (greatdane)      Join Date: Feb 2001       06-17-2003, 8:36 PM Reply   
Breakfast at Orwood on Sunday the 27th?
Shall we reserve the entire restaurant?
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-17-2003, 8:42 PM Reply   
Both sound great to us. We were planning on coming over from SF Saturday afternoon/evening.
Old    akman            06-17-2003, 9:57 PM Reply   
Delta locals hook us up..............

why on earth would anyone want to have someone who dings boats, leaves food in the cupholder, drops colored M & M's on the carpet, puts sand on the carpet, steps into the boat with shoes on, leaves me a $1.00 for gas money, can't back the trailer straight, trash leaving, boat wrecking, had a name made up for phuccking up in general.....out for a pull on the infamous DELTA????

The Blabel curse will follow you up there!

Stefani & Dane, you have no idea what you are getting yourself into..........

Don't go into the light...........Stay out.........Just say NO!
Old    wakelvr            06-17-2003, 10:18 PM Reply   
Gramps.... when are you going to drag your sorry butt up here???
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-18-2003, 6:12 AM Reply   
I know your just jealous Gramps, so I will let those comments slide. If you want a good Brian recommendation....just ask Barry .

Seriously though, we are really looking forward to meeting as many of you that can make it out that day and who wouldn't mind windblown, tube ridden, roach filled water, AKA the Blabel Curse.
Old     (blabel)      Join Date: Jul 2001       06-18-2003, 6:16 AM Reply   
I was going to invite you Gramps but I think they's rather have food in their boats than blood!!!

Melissa's right about the Blabel curse. You'll see!!!
Old    tammy            06-18-2003, 7:26 AM Reply   
It will be great to have you guys up here. There are tons of people that would love to pull you around that delta.

Stefani, GREAT idea, lets party. Melissa send Stef and I an e-mail with dates and we will get the party planned.

Not worried about the Blabel curse, we have lived though he Umali curse. hahaha, j/k joe.
Old     (paulsmith)      Join Date: Mar 2002       06-18-2003, 8:31 AM Reply   
Keep in mind as well that Blabel won't ride with less than 2500 lbs of ballast in the boat, although he'll make an exception for a SAN if there is at least 1500 in there (although he may still whine some).

Well, I should say because this is a special situation he'll probably ride anyway but you'll see a lot of head shaking and skyward looks with hand gestures going on while he is riding.
Old     (poon)      Join Date: Dec 2001       06-18-2003, 9:00 AM Reply   
Blabel,

You might as well start packing everything you own now bacause you are going to want to move up here after you ride the delta. : )
Old     (cfisher)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2003, 9:39 AM Reply   
Blabel,

It will be great to see you guys again! Stefani is right....you won't have a problem finding a pull. Your problem will be deciding who you want to ride with.

I don't have a SANTE, but you are welcome to ride in my Wakesetter :-)

Just let us know what your timeline looks like when you figure it out!

See you next month!

Christie

P.S. Aki - Are you and Laura going to stow-away in Blabel's luggage??? We would love to see you too!
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 10:01 AM Reply   

You guys are welcome in my boat!
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 10:02 AM Reply   
I second Christie's comment. AKI and LAURA- come up:-)
Old     (jschwart73)      Join Date: Apr 2002       06-18-2003, 1:00 PM Reply   
The Delta sucks. Windy. Choppy water. Too many boats. Sharks.

It's just like a lake, except lakes don't have sharks.

Orwood sucks too. Especially the Chicken Omlette with Biscuits and Gravy. And the Okie Taco. Those aren't any good either.

-Jeff

p.s. Watch out for that Fisher chick, she's sneaky.

(Message edited by jschwart73 on June 18, 2003)
Old    deltahoosier            06-18-2003, 1:03 PM Reply   
Let me know and I am in. We just may have a little room to have a party. Let me know. Next weekend seems like a good time to do it. We have not had an official house warming party yet. Also, you can ride with us too.
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 1:04 PM Reply   
Hey Hoosier, we are talking July here!! PAY ATTENTION!!
Old    deltahoosier            06-18-2003, 1:05 PM Reply   
opps...I mean July is fine too )
Old     (blackandblue)      Join Date: Oct 2002       06-18-2003, 10:43 PM Reply   
Hey Stef,
Are you and J still in the neighborhood, or did you get that house in the "no dock " district of Disco?

A BQ at your place isn't that far outta the way (for me). Invite me and I'l bring lots of tri tip. I'll also bring my landlock. I've got this drinking game in mind...we'll need your pool for this, of course. OK, maybe not, gotta work on monday. Oh well, next time...
Old    wakelvr            06-18-2003, 11:14 PM Reply   
hahaha. Yeah, we are tempted. I don't know.... Hmmmm! With you guys as neighbors and Rod and Laurie as neighbors... how could we leave this place?

Old    norcal_99            06-19-2003, 1:59 PM Reply   
The entire SD crew should come up for that weekend.
Old     (psych3060)      Join Date: Sep 2002       06-19-2003, 3:17 PM Reply   
They probably be would, but with Brian and the Blabel curse up there with you, there might be some ridable water in SD for all of them.
Old     (cramey)      Join Date: Jun 2001       06-20-2003, 8:45 AM Reply   
if you come to the delta, watch out for the delta fresh water sharks, they are extra hungry in the summer time.