Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through May 08, 2008

Old    falcon_v            04-15-2008, 3:20 PM Reply   
The cheapest and the best and what do yall use I have a 2 battery set up.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2008, 3:39 PM Reply   
I would say off the top of my head. Battery Tender (brand).
I think they are like $45. What kind of battery's do you have? If you have a standard flooded battery's the tender will work fine.

(Message edited by grant_west on April 15, 2008)
Old    falcon_v            04-15-2008, 3:45 PM Reply   
they are energizer deep cycle I got them at sams
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 3:52 PM Reply   
I have been researching this over the last month and decided on these. I ordered 2 on Monday.

http://www.automotivepartsnetwork.com/store/pc/autopart.asp?idcategory=212&idproduct=20384
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2008, 4:20 PM Reply   
Chris: Yea the Battery Tender or the charger that Patrick posted look pretty much the same.

Trickle chargers work great for bringing you battery back to full charge, down side is they take along time. Example the Battery Tender I was talking about would take like 4 days to bring your 2 batterys from fully dead to fully charged. Im assuming you dont run your 2 batterys all the way down day after day so a charger like Im talking about will work perfict.

Patrick: If it took you over a month to decide what $49 trickel charger to get you need some more hobby's LOL J/K
Old     (sangerlover)      Join Date: Sep 2005       04-15-2008, 4:32 PM Reply   
I like this one. Charges both banks of blue tops fairly fast.

http://www.batterystuff.com/battery-chargers/12-volt/11-20amps/DP15-2pro.html
Old    falcon_v            04-15-2008, 4:38 PM Reply   
Thanks every one
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-15-2008, 4:51 PM Reply   
"G" I research everything I buy in great detail. It is my OCD personality taking over, but I tend to learn quite a bit along the way. I work in a office cube so plenty of free time at work to search the web
Old     (kko13)      Join Date: Jul 2006       04-15-2008, 5:35 PM Reply   
Uploadthis is the one i use. it works great. it reduces charge rate as batts get close and shuts down when they are full its about $150.i have not been to impressed with those energizer batts. i have alot of customers complain that they dont last for chit! and sams fights them about replacing them. hope they work out for you.
Old     (montana_sanger)      Join Date: Nov 2007       04-15-2008, 5:51 PM Reply   
I second the Dual Pro chargers like JTW. They are not the cheapest but great warranty and they don't need air space like alot of cheaper brands.
Old     (grant_west)      Join Date: Jun 2005       04-15-2008, 5:56 PM Reply   
Patrick: You should start a side business of researching items. Charge people for your cubical on line expertiece. LOL.

Patrick: Im thinking of getting a new boat and some new HCLD tower speakers what is the best kind?
Old     (soundbox)      Join Date: Oct 2007       04-15-2008, 10:57 PM Reply   
Here is a recent install.

Upload
Old     (pfort)      Join Date: Mar 2007       04-16-2008, 10:12 AM Reply   
G, I have thought about it, but not sure it would pay the bills!!!

G- I am a fan of Brunette's(Wetsounds)