Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through June 16, 2003

Old     (wakewilly)      Join Date: Aug 2001       05-31-2003, 12:22 AM Reply   
After reading Dave's awesome article on the new Xstar, I thought that there were some very good things and some bad things about the boat. After reading most of the article and comming to the conclusions part, I saw that the boat tested was MSRPed at close to $79,000?!?!?!?! Now, I understand that the boat prices have gone up since 1997 when I custom ordered my "LOADED" VLX for around 30k. I also understand that over a period of time prices for vehicles go up with the rise in technology. What I don't understand is, where do they get off thinking that the boat is worth close to 80k. Sure that's after it's loaded. 64k is still unreasonable. After riding day after day at the delta and seeing many "Dot Com" families take out their brand new 50k and now 60k boats, and completly ruine them by running them into docks etc...due to lack of experience, I understand that many of the newer customers (Dot COMers (at least in my area) )to the market and will buy a boat for that much. If I were Mastercraft, I would raise the prices too, due to the fact that people will buy the boat for that much. I've watched the prices of boat rise year after year at the boat show and stuff, but when is it going to stop? It should go only to a certain point. I'm sorry, but $682 for a Clarion 6 Disk changer is a bit much!!! I think that we got my JVC 12 Disk changer for around $200 and it works fine. No problems with skiping or anything! The resale value of a 79k boat has to be horrible. I see a lot that's different between the new Xstar on my 97' Malibu VLX, but I don't see the differences adding up to nearly 40k? Is it me or is this a bit much? If it is me, feel free to bash, but me along with many family and friends find it hard to believe that a boat like mine is a 40k difference from a six year newer Xstar.

-Chris