Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > Wakeboarding Discussion

Old     (brithunsicker)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-23-2014, 12:05 PM Reply   
Anyone on here ride around Lawrence KS? Clinton or Perry? I'm living just north of Lawrence and am looking to grab a few sets behind some bigger boats sometime. Own an 89 Prostar 190. Advanced level rider, great boat driver and can back in a trailer, and will throw down some money for gas. Willing to bring you out on my boat as well, if you want to barefoot or something. Live on a private lake, but has restrictions to not allow any bigger wakeboard boats.
Hit me up if you're looking for an extra rider to expand your riding abilities with.
Old     (buffalow)      Join Date: Apr 2002       01-24-2014, 7:08 AM Reply   
I have family in Perry, but none that ride. I am actually headed back there this summer and was going to reach out to WW'ers as well. Good luck
Old     (wakereviews)      Join Date: Sep 2006       01-24-2014, 7:16 AM Reply   
Don't live there now, but am a KU alum. RCJH!!! Used to ski at Clinton every so once in a while when I was there behind my landlords ProStar.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-24-2014, 11:11 AM Reply   
Brit, what's up welcome to WW... Yost here...

I just put a similar post for smithville and had pretty good luck. You might see if KU still has an active ski/wake club and what their boat situation is (if any).

Sure didn't see many people riding Clinton last summer, but we were always out at off hours for most I think.

Good luck, someone will surely eventually chime in. See you out on Lingo's boat when the weather turns (if not sooner). Get yourself a good GBS 4/3 full suit and you can get in with us in March. They're only around $140.
Old     (dyost)      Join Date: Jan 2007       01-24-2014, 11:16 AM Reply   
Ian, how's everything in central IL?

I'm gonna try and make another trip to Ptown this spring to ride with the crew up there. Sure miss the river and all the boats around...
Old     (brithunsicker)      Join Date: Jan 2014       01-24-2014, 11:28 AM Reply   
Hey Yost...Yeah I'll be on the ski team with KU in the fall. They don't have a "wakeboard" team anymore but I can board in the trick group for half points. They only have a direct drive boat, like myself, so I'm just looking for somebody needing another rider/driver with a v-drive. The ski team doesn't do much skiing in the spring or summer out here, just the fall.

As for the wetsuit, I have an old scuba suit, sucker is thick. Keeps me damn warm, but would be nice to pick up a wetsuit for less restriction and more free movement.

Thanks for the words guys
Old     (brithunsicker)      Join Date: Jan 2014       02-01-2014, 10:02 PM Reply   
Quote:
Originally Posted by buffalow View Post
I have family in Perry, but none that ride. I am actually headed back there this summer and was going to reach out to WW'ers as well. Good luck
Hey Jason, PM me about coming to Perry. I can't seem the message you. I live less than 10 minutes from Perry on a private lake. Would be good for week nights if you have time while you're in town.