Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Boats, Accessories & Tow Vehicles Archive > Archive through February 21, 2008

Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-01-2008, 11:24 AM Reply   
I work at a dealership that now carries Supreme. I will keep them nameless as my point is to not drum up business without paying to advertise on this site. I would just like to know what experiences you guys have with them and or what you think about them. Good or bad. I appreciate any input. Thank you.
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       02-01-2008, 12:13 PM Reply   
I did not like them. The interior seemed cheap and for less $$ and better options I was able to pick up a new Centurion.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-01-2008, 1:39 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info Michael. What model were you looking at?
Old     (michealhoward)      Join Date: May 2007       02-01-2008, 2:31 PM Reply   
It was the 208 and 212 with the sky package. We picked up a Centruion Elite V C4 for around the price of the 208 without the Sky package. And it is a bigger boat with more standard options.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-01-2008, 2:48 PM Reply   
^^^^^^Totally disagree. of course the 208 is is smaller, cause its a 20 ft boat.

Supremes are solid, especially all those after th 05 models, big changes made at supreme post 05.
Interiors - nothing close to "cheap", interiors are rock solid with all the bells and whistles you can think of.

Wakes are top notch.

These "old" opinions of supreme are out.
Get your info from knowledgable up to date people.

Upload
Upload
Upload
wake:
Upload
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-01-2008, 4:24 PM Reply   
Migs,
Thanks for the info...wake looks good. Which model is that behind and is that any more weight/ballast than stock?
Old     (angelo_ski)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-01-2008, 4:40 PM Reply   
Justin,
Dude, is that a new job? If so, congrats. Following your lead, I think I know the dealership where you are at. I assume it's right down the street from our favorite wakeboard spot. I'll stop in some time even though I just bought a VLX.
James
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-01-2008, 4:49 PM Reply   
Sounds good James.
Old     (migs)      Join Date: Aug 2006 Location: SF Bay Area       02-01-2008, 5:13 PM Reply   
v220, about 2,000+lbs of sacks and 750 of ballast.
Old     (ralph)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-01-2008, 6:28 PM Reply   
A friend just bought an old 220. It looks like a 03ish model. Whats the best way to weight it up? Do they like front bias or back?
Old     (jayson_49)      Join Date: May 2007       02-01-2008, 7:27 PM Reply   
i ride my boys 06 V220 sky when not behind mine. i'm no pro but it throws a pretty solid wake with 750 in the bow and 400 sacs in each rear locker (plus some of the stock ballast to clean up any wash) but after some experimenting a while ago we tried the 400 lb sacs on the floor and across the rear seat. it seemed like it liked more weight toward the front.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-01-2008, 8:25 PM Reply   
I have to agree with migs, Supreme has really stepped up in the last 3 years. I bought an 06 V220 and had some minor fit and finish issue that should have been quality controlled at the factory, however that being said Fineline/Kal Kustoms have stepped up to the plate and fixed everything, even when it was out of warranty.

So give them a look they are a great "value" priced boats. The only thing is that they need to come up with a couple of new models based on wake specific molds.
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-01-2008, 9:05 PM Reply   
supreme has huge things going on for 2008. they have a new boat coming out for 08/probably more like and early 09 release, that will rival alot of the top companies. they have a new guy designing interiors for them that has done wonders for malibu. they are doing some very great things to keep up with the wake specific needs. the people running the company right now are on the right track to bringing this company back up towards the top. they are more of a family, recreational type company dont be surprised to see them up with the other top manufacturers in the near future
Old     (westsidarider)      Join Date: Feb 2003       02-01-2008, 9:07 PM Reply   
jayson is probably right. supremes have a bit of a deep v in the back of the hull so the boat will throw a better wake when weighted more toward the middle and the front.
Old     (kerryn2skiing)      Join Date: Apr 2007       02-01-2008, 9:20 PM Reply   
I have a 2003 Supreme and the few problems that I have had, I have called the dealer directly for advice or information and they have been absolutely no help and/or they don't return calls.

The problems that we've had in the past 5 years;
* B.O. fuel pump that we discovered on her first voyage. Dead in the water, floating down river.
* Ballast was NOT wired to ballast gauge.
* Dash cracked within the first year at several points where it was screwed in.
Oh, and I recently attempted to access the stuffing box and removing the floor panel was close to impossible. Two of the four screws were stripped and one of them had been screwed in sideways and was very hard to remove.

I don't want sound like I dislike the boat, for the money I paid I really can't complain. But their customer service need some work.
Old    stillstandin            02-01-2008, 10:18 PM Reply   
I use to have a supreme. Traded to a different brand, but I must say, as some have said, the newer interior is not bad at all. I would say nicer then Centurion. Just my opinion
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-02-2008, 6:30 AM Reply   
Thanks for the info so far guys. Supreme does have quite a few things cooked up for 08/09 and I am excited. Please keep the info coming. Good or bad. Thanks again.
Old     (hype29)      Join Date: Feb 2007       02-02-2008, 7:35 AM Reply   
I used to have an 04 Supreme and I will say that It was a very reliable boat, but seemed to be built very cheap. just about every screw in the boat was stripped out. They also used very thin vinyl and would tear very easy. After my experience I would not buy another one. But I also think that it was my dealer that sealed the deal for me. They would'nt take care of any of it, they just simply did'nt care. It was just a bad experience overall. But on the other hand I did look at one at the boat show and it looks like they have improved. I was somewhat impressed
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-02-2008, 7:44 AM Reply   
I agree with Kerry about the lack of past customer service, you really have to have a dealer that stands behind you. I bought my boat from the Sporting Edge in Antioch and Mike and Kelly have gone the extra mile with Scott P. and Shell at Fineline and Kal/kustoms to get it done.

Now that being said you can search old threads on WW and see where I have bashed them for their poor customer service, but as we speak Shell at Fineline is putting some "free" upgrades to the components that the are repairing, so I have to say that speaks volumes for their step up in customer service!
Old     (foremanraiders)      Join Date: Jan 2008       02-02-2008, 9:36 AM Reply   
We purchased a 2008 V208 Supreme in the summer of 07 and we love it. Wake is great and the quality of the boat is awesome. We shopped all the various manufacturers to find that the Supreme carried alot of simularities of the others. No issues with it to date and would definitely recommended checking them out. Upload
Old     (supreme_rob)      Join Date: Sep 2005       02-02-2008, 11:04 AM Reply   
We bought a supreme 220sp in 05' and have only praises for the boat, not one problem very reliable. It had the best fit, finish and options of all the boats we compared it to in that price range. Great boat for the money
Old     (talltigeguy)      Join Date: Sep 2003       02-02-2008, 1:17 PM Reply   
A close friend has a 2006 V230. The wake is subpar for wakeboarding by a long shot. He had numerous fit and finish issues that dogged him all summer. He got to be where he was afraid to take it out for fear of what would go wrong. If he can get out from under it, he will likely buy my boat if I sell this summer.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2008, 3:02 PM Reply   
My experience with Supremes.

For wakeboarding purposes.

V220 Sky - You can add as much weight as you want and the wake keeps the same shape while getting bigger with the more weight. Suggest with lots of weight the ACME 911 Prop.

V208 Sky - Similar wake shape to the V220 Sky, can handle the extra weight, but there was a point where when you had too much it was very sensitive to weight and washing out the wake. But the stock wake was bigger than the V 220 Sky.

V230 Sky - Dont bother. This is a multi sport family boat... You cannot get a boarding wake... no matter what you do with the weight. But fun for cruising around in.

V212 Sky - Have not have the chance to try... but to my knowledge it takes the best of the 220 and 208 and puts them together.

There is a new boat coming out that is suppose to be better than all of the above... we will wait and see.

As for interior... a Malibu look with a little less plush and less expensive materials.

Fiberglass work... same as Centurian... built in Fineline.. very solid.

My dealer was a Centurian and Supreme dealer... so I was luck to be able to climb around both of them... in 2003/04 the Centurian interior was not quite as nice and they were still using the same old hull designs... where as Supreme was making some nice updates to make their boats more "wakeboard friendly".

Ever since Centurian came out with their Enzo styling.. they picked up their fit and finish on their interior.. dash layout etc...

I would say they are pretty even right now... all depends on what you want... Supreme has changed management over the past few years... so that may have slowed some of their progress... but I would think with some stability at the top... they will start to come out with some boats that will look up to date.

I hope that they keep the price to where they are still of great value...

In my area... they are slightly lower priced than Centurian and Sanger and Moomba with comparable options...

Prices from Lowest to Highest in the value lines...
Supreme
Centurian
Sanger
Moomba

I think if these types of companies can keep things simple... and make them look good and budget prices... then they will do well...

I am a big fan of bling... but as with anything... if you want to keep something for the long haul... the more bells and whistles.. the more to go wrong...

When out of warranty... I like to do some of the minor fixes on my own.. or modifications.. like add a switch.. or replace a switch... or upgrade the gauge for Perfect Pass... etc etc etc...

But if it were a new MC or BU or SAN

With the new LCD displays... switches... etc... I am going to venture a guess that the tried test and true plastic Carling Manual Rocker Switches will last a very long time.. and if they fail... they are owner replaceable... but with a fancy touch screen or lcd switch panel... I wouldnt know where to start if something had to be repaired or replaced...

Swivel boardracks.. I would think over time that there will be more rattles in towers that have more moving parts... etc... Metal on metal will wear over time...

So for the long haul... I think you will see some boats with less bells and whistles... hold up better...

But who knows...
Old     (regalado1)      Join Date: Dec 2005       02-02-2008, 4:35 PM Reply   
I have an 05 V220 Sky. Check profile. I love my boat. No major problems to speak of. The couple minor things were fixed no charge by dealer. The fit and finish has been solid thus far. I bought it brand new in beginning of 05. Can't believe I've had it this long already. Time flies when you are having fun, huh? The wake is solid for wakeboarding. No complaints. I'm beginning to dial it in for some solid wakesurfing this year. I love the graphics I got on it as well. Black with flames. Classic right? Couple things I wish were different. Stereo placement outside the glove box. And a built in ice chest in the rear seating area. Prefferably right behind the driver. That would be a nice touch.
Old     (hamkj)      Join Date: Apr 2002       02-02-2008, 10:11 PM Reply   
Couple of other things...

The V232 is exact same as the V230 from the rub rail down... so not good for wakeboarding.

The back bench seat of the V220 is two pieces... I took mine to upholsterer and made it into three pieces so I can remove the corners when people are stepping into the boat or climbing on the back.

I wish in the V220 they would do what they did in the V208... with a slight wrap around seating with a little step... go one step further and follow sanger with the full horseshoe shape seating...

Then there will be a place for ice chest and storage.
Old     (scwellman)      Join Date: Nov 2006       02-04-2008, 2:05 PM Reply   
No other comments on Supreme's? Positive or Negative? I just wanted to bump the thread back up to see what folks had to say.
Old     (hp_inc)      Join Date: Jul 2007       02-06-2008, 2:32 PM Reply   
Thanks for the info guys...