Articles

Pics/Video

Wake 101

Shop
Search

Home   Articles   Pics/Video   Gear   Wake 101   Events   Community   Forums   Classifieds   Contests   Shop   Search
WakeWorld Home
Email Password
Go Back   WakeWorld > >> Wakeboarding Discussion Archives > Archive through August 29, 2003

Old    enjoi004            08-20-2003, 12:39 PM Reply   
Anyone got any input on a Obrien vision 135 or a Obrien player 133? Whats better?
Old     (team_o)      Join Date: Jun 2002       08-20-2003, 2:15 PM Reply   
Justin - Both of those boards are sweet but very different. The Vision has continuous rocker and is 17" wide. It is surfy/loose when flat but cuts hard to the wake when on edge. Very well-balanced. The Player 133 has pretty agressive 3-stage rocker and is 16.7" wide (wide for a 33 but not as wide as the vision). With the quad molded fins it is easy to build a good edge and it really boots you at the wake - and carries good speed when you land.

(Message edited by team_o on August 20, 2003)
Old    rdierolf            08-20-2003, 5:32 PM Reply   
i havent ridden either but demoing both of them wouldn't be a bad idea.
Old     (lugwrench)      Join Date: Jul 2002       08-21-2003, 8:10 AM Reply   
I ride a player 143 and the first thing that I noticed is that it’s a fast board. I had an issue with a progressive edge on toe side but the molded fins on the player just dig in and really help build up that tension. I was really looking for good pop off of the wake and this provides it, a very pronounced spring off of the wake. You will really appreciate the way it lands, it’s a very smooth landing and it helps carry your cut out into the flats. Just throw a pair of System bindings on it and it’s a great ride. Personally I don’t like the really loose ride, which is why I went with the Player over the Vision or Cobe, but my style might not be your style. Just Listen to Chris, he helped me pick out my new board and bindings and I couldn't be happier with it and I've never rode better.
Old    enjoi004            08-21-2003, 6:59 PM Reply   
thanks everyone for your comments! i am probably going to try out the vision because i like the loose feel, and yea throw a pair of systems on it and that well be a great setup to ride.